The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sr90
I really want Walcott when he's back, but it's impossible to fit him in.
I have always had Walcott in every week he is fit for the last 3 years. He just consistently scores points all the time against any opposition. I think he will get the highest points per week out of anyone when he is fit (maybe alongside Aguero) because he has great service and he has improved his finishing so much in recent years. As soon as he is fit he will be straight in my team, there is not a midfielder I would pick ahead of him. Also I think he could get some game time at striker whenever Welbeck is subbed off and we know he can finish. I might have to do Adebayor to Welbeck to allow it (I was going to do it in 2 weeks for the fixtures) as ideally I wouldn't get rid of Di Maria or Sterling but if I have to I would do it.
Original post by sr90
At that price range your only options are Hutton, Moore & Duff. I don't think any of them are a significant upgrade enough to justify using your 1 transfer. If you're determined to get one of them in then i'd probably go with Moore or Duff. Hutton would be the best if he had easier fixtures.

I have two FTs and nowhere else to really use them right now.

Probably think about it over the week...
There are 5 excellent striking options atm. If only I could utilise all 5.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Undisclosed 15
There are 5 excellent striking options atm. If only I could utilise all 5.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Who?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Costa, Aguero, Pelle, Welbeck and Ulloa
Which one of Shackell or Bertrand should i bring in to replace Chester? I already have Forster. Also are their any other similar price defenders that would be a better option than those two?
Original post by Undisclosed 15
Costa, Aguero, Pelle, Welbeck and Ulloa

Aguero really isn't doing that well.
Need a short term (2 games) striker for 9.2m or less. Is there a better option than Pelle?
Original post by Alex Doran
Need a short term (2 games) striker for 9.2m or less. Is there a better option than Pelle?

Welbeck?
Original post by RedDevil014

Considering he didn't start the first two games, and considering he has played against three of last year's top four in these first 5 games, he is doing pretty well IMO.
Original post by RedDevil014

Averaging 1 goal every 90 minutes so far. Not too bad considering he's faced Liverpool, Arsenal & Chelsea.
Original post by King Hotpie
Welbeck?
I currently have Balotelli, Costa and Adebayor. This week I am probably doing Adebayor to Pelle and then in 2 weeks when Welbeck has better fixtures he will go in for either Pelle or Balotelli depending on whether or not Balo starts playing well
Original post by paddyman4
Considering he didn't start the first two games, and considering he has played against three of last year's top four in these first 5 games, he is doing pretty well IMO.

Original post by sr90
Averaging 1 goal every 90 minutes so far. Not too bad considering he's faced Liverpool, Arsenal & Chelsea.

That's true but I just feel that despite him being fully fit over the past three games he just managed to score a single goal. With his 12.1 price tag and his constant injury concerns i'd expect a better return than that when he's fit and there seems to be other forwards who are cheaper and in better form than him atm. I do expect Aguero to explode and start scoring a lot very soon but for now he's in my team mainly of fear of not having him when he does start getting those big points rather than any real form to justify his price.
(edited 9 years ago)
Lukaku, Rooney and Costa at the moment, will shift Rooney once Aguero or Falcao proves their for,.
right.. time to look at my team for this week.

Substitute used to get De Gea out of goal..

I have gone for forster this week, in the hope that doubling on southamptons defense will work as they play an awful QPR side at home..

for my substitues:

Chambers - up until last year I would have instantly subbed any arsenal defence in a game vs spurs, but last year arsenal won with a clean sheet.. still does not seem worth the risk to me.
Chadli - in rotation with siggy, who hopefully will do better this week
Dier - tottenham are not keeping a CS

Means I have Siggy, Taylor(swansea) and Wilson, coming in for those 3..

Pretty happy with my team, but not sure on captain yet.. will think about it
Ok, so captain for me is between Costa and Di Maria.. both with decent games.

Costa seems so safe against a villa side which arsenal put 3 past last week..

But then Di Maria has been scoring so well, and united play at home, and need a respones from last week.. (but what if they play more defensivly as a result?) hmmm.. then again with only 1 fit cenre back, I guess they will just throw everything at scoring 4-5 goals..

Not sure, maybe I just try and ride my luck and go 2 weeks in a row with welbeck as captain :biggrin:
Anyone else struggling to pick a captain this week? All of my front 7 have a good fixture!

Really want to go for Aguero as a differential but you'd expect Costa to do something against Aston Villa at home. So I think i'll give it back to him.

Original post by fallen_acorns
Ok, so captain for me is between Costa and Di Maria.. both with decent games.

I think Van Gaal will be a bit more defensively minded, he has to really. Our full backs are playing far too high up the pitch and Blind was having to cover for both Herrera & Di Maria, anyone with pace has so much space to exploit and it is killing us. We'll be playing some kid from the youth team tomorrow as we're down to one fit CB, so to play like that again would be suicidal. Valencia & Sakho would tear it to shreds.

On the other hand anything we do will go through ADM, so it's a tough one to call.
Original post by sr90
Anyone else struggling to pick a captain this week? All of my front 7 have a good fixture!

Really want to go for Aguero as a differential but you'd expect Costa to do something against Aston Villa at home. So I think i'll give it back to him.

I think Van Gaal will be a bit more defensively minded, he has to really. Our full backs are playing far too high up the pitch and Blind was having to cover for both Herrera & Di Maria, anyone with pace has so much space to exploit and it is killing us. We'll be playing some kid from the youth team tomorrow as we're down to one fit CB, so to play like that again would be suicidal. Valencia & Sakho would tear it to shreds.

On the other hand anything we do will go through ADM, so it's a tough one to call.

mm it is tricky this week..

Feeling the majority of people will play costa, which dose make sense this week - unlike last week, when people picked him dispite a bad fixture - but the reward of picking someoen who does better then costa is so huge as a positive differential..

Hmm, as for united - I cant see you guys scoring less then 2 goals, and your right anything will come throguh ADM, and atleast oen of those goals will probably be an assist for him at the minimum..

I think I may just go for it.. ADM as captain for this week. done.
Probably Costa captain this week. Certainly one of the tougher bottom 13 teams to face but hopefully he's good for a goal.

I've got the problem of having to bench one of my front eight. It's currently between Sigurdsson and Sterling. Sensible choice looks to be Siggy even though it's a nice fixture. Merseyside derby should be highscoring just very afraid that Rodgers will be a dick and bench Sterling.
costa/di maria/aguero. So tough.

Quick Reply

Latest