Btec Travel and torism
Original post by LauraJ12
I want to take
History
Georgraphy
Photography
Business studies
Btec Travel and torism

Very unlikely but some colleges/sixth forms on a rare occasion will allow you to do them
Reply 2
Honestly, I wanted to take 5 ALevels the whole time I was in Year 11. Start of year 12 I ended up applying to do 4 (Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry) and I no longer want to do 5. I think 5 is just to much stress for no reason. No unis require 5. And at the end of the day! AAAA looks better than AAABB

If you take 4 you have more time, so can get a better grade.

I didn't listen to a lot of peoples advice and was 'set' on 5. At the end of the day it's up to you. But if it gets to much, just drop one!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can you? Yes (depending on sixth form timetabling)
Should you, bearing in mind you have an art and a BTEC in there? Not advised. Your workload will be huge
Original post by loperdoper
Can you? Yes (depending on sixth form timetabling)
Should you, bearing in mind you have an art and a BTEC in there? Not advised. Your workload will be huge

I agree
I am doing 6 and the workload is very tough so if you are up to it, it should be fine. I am doing Maths, Further Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Japanese and I got all As at AS, but it did need a lot of preparation (maybe not Japanese as much as I am half-japanese so I am almost fluent in it). But I guess overall, you have to think; what makes you stand out from others? 5 A-Levels would but you would have to do well in all of them if you want to stand out, and think whether you have the determination and perseverance to take all 5.
Original post by Ninja Saru
I am doing 6 and the workload is very tough so if you are up to it, it should be fine. I am doing Maths, Further Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Japanese and I got all As at AS, but it did need a lot of preparation (maybe not Japanese as much as I am half-japanese so I am almost fluent in it). But I guess overall, you have to think; what makes you stand out from others? 5 A-Levels would but you would have to do well in all of them if you want to stand out, and think whether you have the determination and perseverance to take all 5.

Wow, thats pretty good getting A's in all 6. What are you thinking of doing at uni?
Original post by Emma:-)
Wow, thats pretty good getting A's in all 6. What are you thinking of doing at uni?

Medicine you?
Medicine you?

I finished my a-levels 5 years ago. I didnt go to uni.
Original post by Emma:-)
I finished my a-levels 5 years ago. I didnt go to uni.

Aaah right, any particular reason why?
Aaah right, any particular reason why?

Just decided that uni was for me
Depends on your sixth form, and how willing you're to achieve your desired results with hella lot if hard work & preparation.
Good luck.
Reply 12
My college lets you do 5 but most people there do 4. Probley drop business doing it at GCSE and not so keen for some of the content
Depends a) how good you are at them and b) why you want to do it.

a) If you didn't get stellar (really, literally) GCSEs, prbably tougher than it's worth.

b) A lot of unis still resolutely give offers based on three A levels, though I have seen some asking to see four taken as AS level with the one dropped reaching at least a B. And if you get (for a simple example) an A*AA offer, taking five A levels, and end up with AAABB, they can and may still turn you down, not taking into account at all the extra workload that got two more decent A levels. I saw it happen to people taking four A levels this year, and they were so gutted. So, to some extent, results are a game to be played and you are best off playing by the rules the universities expect. Do more, and you might actually do worse, rather than standing out. Follow your enthusiasms by all means, but be realistic.

Quick Reply

Latest