The Student Room Group

'Have you got any planned this weekend'? what does it mean?

Well, I met this guy during my first week at uni in a mentoring event. He's two years above me. He's been really friendly and helpful. We talked on facebook a bit about the workload of 1st year. So, I thought everything between us was just academic related. I am attracted to him though.

Since then, I met him twice while taking the bus home. The last time, he casually asked me : ' So, have you got anything planned this weekend?' I said ' No, but I have to sort out my room and blah blah.. ' I went on abt how I had to unpack my stuff!!!!

I really didn't think much about it at all until I got home! Now, I feel like ... I have turned him down or something...

What did he really mean by ' So, have you got anything planned this weekend?' Was it a casual question or did he want to meet up with me? :frown:
Reply 1
It was just a casual question. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't want to meet up. I wouldn't worry about it any further.
"I totally fell over the other day and a guy asked if I was alright! Did he want to know if I was ok?? Or did he want to bone me all night long?????"

That, up there, is what you sound like.
Reply 3
Original post by djpailo
It was just a casual question. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't want to meet up. I wouldn't worry about it any further.

ahhh I see... I guess its because I kinda like him so it's a bit confusing! It's good to hear from an outside perspective! Thanks
Reply 4
Original post by Harvey Dent
"I totally fell over the other day and a guy asked if I was alright! Did he want to know if I was ok?? Or did he want to bone me all night long?????"

I was expecting you to tell the OP to flip a coin and take a chance. Missed opportunity on your part.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
ahhh I see... I guess its because I kinda like him so it's a bit confusing! It's good to hear from an outside perspective! Thanks

If you "kinda like him" why not call/ text/ fb him or whatever and ask to meet up? :wink:
Reply 6

NNOOO I defo didnt mean that at all!!!
Reply 7
I never usually ask 'what have you got planned'. I just cut all that fluffy crap and ask 'would you like to come meet me for a coffee on Saturday at *insert cafe name here*?'

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by datpiff
I never usually ask 'what have you got planned'. I just cut all that fluffy crap and ask 'would you like to come meet me for a coffee on Saturday at *insert cafe name here*?'

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahhh I wish everyone would act like that! I'm so clueless about stuff being implied ... Unless, someone says it directly to my face I would not know what they reallly really mean lol
Reply 9
Original post by djpailo
If you "kinda like him" why not call/ text/ fb him or whatever and ask to meet up? :wink:

Im still debating on that :P but I think I will :P
Ahhh I wish everyone would act like that! I'm so clueless about stuff being implied ... Unless, someone says it directly to my face I would not know what they reallly really mean lol

Being direct usually helps filter away the timewasters and the girls who just want someone to talk to via text until another guy comes along.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by datpiff
Being direct usually helps filter away the timewasters and the girls who just want someone to talk to via text until another guy comes along.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't agree more!!!! But, what do you think he meant then? I dont want to be annoying or anything, its just I am scared I might have misunderstood what he meant.
Reply 12
My friends ask me that question and I doubt they would have a romantic interest in me. It sounds like small talk tbh.
Original post by Ndella
My friends ask me that question and I doubt they would have a romantic interest in me. It sounds like small talk tbh.

ah thanks x
I can't agree more!!!! But, what do you think he meant then? I dont want to be annoying or anything, its just I am scared I might have misunderstood what he meant.

it might be guys either too scared to be straight up or the guy simply isn't interested in you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

lmao.

OP, it's just an icebreaker/small talk.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending