The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Strom
Well congrats on moving up! :biggrin: It's a shame that you don't like it - Just focus on the interesting bits to motivate you through the rest :wink:
Yeah, I really wanna get into a grammar sixth form :redface: I want to do Physics, Maths, Further Maths & Computing. Your nightmare essentially! :rofl:

Oooh fancy! And why thank you :colondollar: Errrgggghhh I envy you so much on being able to take those. I'm more scared about failing than the difficulty if that makes sense? I'm taking chemistry, biology, English lit+lang, German. Dreading chemistry because I'm not too good atm, but need it for biomed so I'll work hard :biggrin: What about plans after sixth form?
Original post by guitaristemily
i surpose im lucky i didnt do a language then XD

Perhaps :colonhash: :h:
Original post by ImagineCats
We're doing the imperfect atm, and in German I'm doing 'das Dativ' which is just memorizing the genders BUT I CAN'T DO THAT. I've done 3 writings and 1 speaking in French, All B's/A's. Wbu?:smile:

Gah grammar - our teacher's french so it's second nature to her - (hilarious when you get her to say cockroach - it sounds like cockwatch....:smile: - random fact of the day)
Ouch. Genders in German? Painful. :biggrin:
Doing iGCSE so all exams in summer eeeeeeek but my teacher is remarkably optimistic so predicted A/A* - but my work standard fluctuates so no way of guaranteeing it... :frown: I wish
Original post by Strom
Perhaps :colonhash: :h:

but i do 2 arts (lens based and fine), performng arts, and music. its hell in coursework lol.
Original post by turn-to-page394
Gah grammar - our teacher's french so it's second nature to her - (hilarious when you get her to say cockroach - it sounds like cockwatch....:smile: - random fact of the day)
Ouch. Genders in German? Painful. :biggrin:
Doing iGCSE so all exams in summer eeeeeeek but my teacher is remarkably optimistic so predicted A/A* - but my work standard fluctuates so no way of guaranteeing it... :frown: I wish

Don't want to sound big-headed, but both languages my benchmarks are C's! I'm aiming for an A, if not A* in German. My old French teacher was French, but my one now just had a French mum :/ My German teacher has the whole 'scary German teacher' look but she doesn't speak with the German accent. Also, Germans can't pronounce squirrel, it's how they spotted spies in the war :wink: There's also 50 words to say 'A' in German :mad: (ein, einen, etc..) Oh, the joy of languages!
Oooh fancy! And why thank you :colondollar: Errrgggghhh I envy you so much on being able to take those. I'm more scared about failing than the difficulty if that makes sense? I'm taking chemistry, biology, English lit+lang, German. Dreading chemistry because I'm not too good atm, but need it for biomed so I'll work hard :biggrin: What about plans after sixth form?

Heehee, no problem :colone: I just like physics mainly, but maths has its moments :colondollar:
Yeah, I get you and I feel pretty much the same way about everything :tongue: I'm doing Maths, english lit+lang, biology, chemistry, physics, music, geography, RE shortcourse, computer science, German and I've done statistics. Biology is my worst science :colondollar: and ooh biomed nice! It's good to see people motivated :biggrin:

I want to go to uni (aiming for oxbridge but mmmrmrmm) and study physics or computing or physical sciences, how about you?
Original post by guitaristemily
but i do 2 arts (lens based and fine), performng arts, and music. its hell in coursework lol.

Sounds pretty hard :s-smilie: My only creative subject is Music (OCR) which is okay at the moment, but the theory is incredibly boring!
Don't want to sound big-headed, but both languages my benchmarks are C's! I'm aiming for an A, if not A* in German. My old French teacher was French, but my one now just had a French mum :/ My German teacher has the whole 'scary German teacher' look but she doesn't speak with the German accent. Also, Germans can't pronounce squirrel, it's how they spotted spies in the war :wink: There's also 50 words to say 'A' in German :mad: (ein, einen, etc..) Oh, the joy of languages!

Facts of the day. Danke. :smile:
And no, you don't sound that big-headed much. It's fine. :biggrin:
And if she has a french mum, doesn't that make her... um.... french? Or at least half french?
I love how we both ignore Spanish... I even took it for a year. :colondollar:What put me off was having to sing One Direction's 'Live while we're young' in Spanish.... Gah.
oh yeah, what's everyone thinking of taking for A-level? :smile:

I'm thinking at the moment Chemistry, Biology, Maths and English Lit (to save me from drowning in science :wink: )
Facts of the day. Danke. :smile:
And no, you don't sound that big-headed much. It's fine. :biggrin:
And if she has a french mum, doesn't that make her... um.... french? Or at least half french?
I love how we both ignore Spanish... I even took it for a year. :colondollar:What put me off was having to sing One Direction's 'Live while we're young' in Spanish.... Gah.

Mhhm yeah he is French, but he doesn't have an adorable French accent. Such a stupid error I made by saying he isn't french ahaha
Oh I didn't learn Spanish :frown: In my school our year group is split in half in year 7-9, so one side learns french and german and the other learns french and spanish. Happy I learnt German, but I wish I learnt Spanish too :frown: I hate one direction so singing them in a foreign language was probably worse than singing them anyway :wink:

I'm thinking at the moment Chemistry, Biology, Maths and English Lit (to save me from drowning in science :wink: )

Maths, Chemistry, Physics and possibly computing/something else (school doesn't have FM :cry2:)
Reply 1331

Same as you, except History instead of English Lit
Mhhm yeah he is French, but he doesn't have an adorable French accent. Such a stupid error I made by saying he isn't french ahaha
Oh I didn't learn Spanish :frown: In my school our year group is split in half in year 7-9, so one side learns french and german and the other learns french and spanish. Happy I learnt German, but I wish I learnt Spanish too :frown: I hate one direction so singing them in a foreign language was probably worse than singing them anyway :wink:

Whoops. I assumed it was a she. Odd.
yeah, I dropped German in year 8 to study Spanish because I knew that I only wanted to do french only for iGCSE and just wanted to try a new language. spanish is nice - apart from singing of course. (yh i hate one direction too - it was painful tres tres tres) loads of people in my year do spanish actually. can't believe they weren't put off by one direction :confused:
Whoops. I assumed it was a she. Odd.
yeah, I dropped German in year 8 to study Spanish because I knew that I only wanted to do french only for iGCSE and just wanted to try a new language. spanish is nice - apart from singing of course. (yh i hate one direction too - it was painful tres tres tres) loads of people in my year do spanish actually. can't believe they weren't put off by one direction :confused:

Ahaha! You're so lucky you could choose a language to drop and take on. What's awesome is my French teacher's called 'Pascal', how French?:biggrin:
Original post by vd12345
Hope so xD my teacher said we gotta read inspector calls by ourselves ;( nearly finished with my ISA prep :smile: only have to think of and alternative method then it'll be pretty straight foward memorising.. What grades are you aiming for across all your subjects btw ? ;o

Ah sorry about that ;( oohh well done :smile: A*s in everything apart from Spanish and I would be happy with an A in Drama because the written part is soooo hard :') but yeah, aim high :wink: how about you?

Chemistry, Biology, English lit+lang, German :smile:
Ngl, dreading chemistry
Original post by Trihawk7
Maths, Chemistry, Physics and possibly computing/something else (school doesn't have FM :cry2:)

Oh nice :smile: was thinking of going along physics route or biology route and biology won in the end.

My school has FM but yeah... I don't think it's really for me :biggrin: I can't stand the thought of even moooore maths - in our school if you do maths and further maths,you end up doing 3 hours of maths a day sometimes. Me thinks no. :P
Must be horrible when you want to do something and it's not offered. :frown:
Original post by nox1
Same as you, except History instead of English Lit

High Five! Was thinking of History - but prefer modern world history and it's tudors and stuff for A-level so I'm out. :biggrin:
Oh nice :smile: was thinking of going along physics route or biology route and biology won in the end.

My school has FM but yeah... I don't think it's really for me :biggrin: I can't stand the thought of even moooore maths - in our school if you do maths and further maths,you end up doing 3 hours of maths a day sometimes. Me thinks no. :P
Must be horrible when you want to do something and it's not offered. :frown:

3 hours lol imagine putting physics within it that'll be like 4 hours, rip sixth form life. But yeah it sucks the way I can't do it, I really enjoy maths but it's k, I get to escape the risk that I might get a bad grade :smile:
Ahaha! You're so lucky you could choose a language to drop and take on. What's awesome is my French teacher's called 'Pascal', how French?:biggrin:

Chemistry, Biology, English lit+lang, German :smile:
Ngl, dreading chemistry

Pascal. Hmmm. Thats veeery french. :biggrin:

Yh, my school doesn't offer eng lang. I'd probably do better at that :frown: and yeah, i'm dreading biology - there's always a lot to REMEMBER and i have a ridiculously selective and short term memory. Ack.

Latest