The Student Room Group

Does it become creepy when someone is a virgin at 25?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alpen
That sounds fantastic - be round mine at 10?

I'll be there at 9. Prepare to catch flu.
Reply 101
Original post by ILovePancakes
I'll be there at 9. Prepare to catch flu.

ill get the lube
Original post by RiOt GrrrL
:sadnod: pretty sad indeed, Huey Freeman :tongue:

:teehee: glad you agree
Original post by Aku-gila
:teehee: glad you agree

Your avi just put a major smile on my face. Huey would probably say the same thing in his monotone voice on the couch lol. "It's not creepy; who needs sex anyway. Just another way to keep women on their backs and men trapped." Riley would say..."Kill yoself." :lol:
Reply 104
Because when you think of someone as your sister who is not your sister it implies a close relationship with them.

Yes virgin. Point?

Thinking of someone as a sister doesn't not necessarily imply that you have a close relationship with them especially given the context that I used "I think of her as a sister" in which was to denote that I'm not romantically or otherwise interested in my cousin. The connotation that you should have a close relationship with someone who you think of as sibling is entirely in your head.

I think it's time to put on the ol' reading glasses.

As for my point about you being a virgin obviously this explains why you've taken my OP personally when it's not even like that. It's just strange really at 25. How old are you?

Original post by Foo.mp3
"I'm not your buddy, pal"

"I'm not your friend, buddy."
Original post by Armin.
Thinking of someone as a sister doesn't not necessarily imply that you have a close relationship with them especially given the context that I used "I think of her as a sister" in which was to denote that I'm not romantically or otherwise interested in my cousin. The connotation that you should have a close relationship with someone who you think of as sibling is entirely in your head.

I think it's time to put on the ol' reading glasses.

As for my point about you being a virgin obviously this explains why you've taken my OP personally when it's not even like that. It's just strange really at 25. How old are you?

No. To think of someone as your sister implies that you are so close that you feel as though you are siblings. "Sister from another mister" etc etc. To say that you are not romantically interested in this cousin who you do not know, you would just say you are related and so feel no romantic inclination.

I already have.

I haven't taken it personally. I merely spotted an inconsistency and called you up on it. I'm 17.
Reply 106
No. To think of someone as your sister implies that you are so close that you feel as though you are siblings. "Sister from another mister" etc etc. To say that you are not romantically interested in this cousin who you do not know, you would just say you are related and so feel no romantic inclination.

I already have.

I haven't taken it personally. I merely spotted an inconsistency and called you up on it. I'm 17.

Oh you're 17. I see this conversation is now over.

I made a thread the other day saying that 17 year olds and other kids need to be banned from certain threads on TSR. You're just so annoying run along.
Original post by Armin.
Oh you're 17. I see this conversation is now over.

I made a thread the other day saying that 17 year olds and other kids need to be banned from certain threads on TSR. You're just so annoying run along.

I see. My age makes what I say invalid?

Why am I annoying?
Original post by Viva Emptiness
Exactly, an old virgin is not gonna be able to bag herself a nice, quality husband.
R u joking or r u really that naive?
Your avi just put a major smile on my face. Huey would probably say the same thing in his monotone voice on the couch lol. "It's not creepy; who needs sex anyway. Just another way to keep women on their backs and men trapped." Riley would say..."Kill yoself." :lol:

:rofl: then Granddad whips his belt out on Riley for no reason whatsoever.. You put me in the mood to re-watch a couple episodes lol
:rofl: then Granddad whips his belt out on Riley for no reason whatsoever.. You put me in the mood to re-watch a couple episodes lol

:tongue: And Riley would be like "Daaaaamn Granddad, ***** stop, :teehee: that's why you aint been laid too!" then gets struck again with the belt lol
Reply 112
Why would that be creepy? Is her holiness strange to you? :lolwut:

Referring to virginity as 'holiness', now that's actually creepy.
Not gonna have another long discussion about holiness. Not here anyway :rolleyes:
Original post by Armin.
I think it does especially for men more so than women but that's another issue for another thread.

I have this cousin who is still a virgin at 26 and I think it's pretty sad. I don't know her personally but she always says she's saving herself for the One. I think it's ridiculous and a grown woman who's nearing 30 should be getting ready to start a family.

I don't think there's anything wrong it. It's a personal decision and not everyone needs to start a family before 30 and not everyone wants to either.
:tongue: And Riley would be like "Daaaaamn Granddad, ***** stop, :teehee: that's why you aint been laid too!" then gets struck again with the belt lol

You should write the script for the next season :colonhash:
You should write the script for the next season :colonhash:

Nah. Nah I'd get fired :lol:
Original post by Armin.
Even at 35?

I think you're just being edgy like some other poster mentioned above. Most of us has this natural curirosity with sex from pretty early on it's just amazes me how much some girls suppress it especially when they're in demand.

I mean I understand if a guy is a virgin because no one wants to have sex with him but it's a different thing entirely when he is not actively seeking sex at an age where most of his peers are having kids and settling down.

Im a virgin girl at 22, not out of choice but because no one has offered. Does that make me weird?
A colleague at work is 50 and is still a virgin. I find him very creepy like Hodor.
Exactly. Only some loose liberal will trouble you about it, and it's best to ignore their aggressions. :wink: Most likely the aggression especially from a woman about another woman being a virgin is a sadness deep down for not having their purity anymore yet still an empty bed every night. :s-smilie:

Hmm I don't think it's common for a woman who is not a virgin to be jealous of virgins and so aggressive towards them.
I just think people shouldn't be pressurised into losing their virginity, or made to feel weird/creepy. You should have sex when you're ready :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest