The Student Room Group

Am I applying too low?

Hey,
I want to do Civil Engineering, but don't want to got too far from home.
I am predicted A*AA and I got AAAA last year. I am applying to Brunel, City, UCL, Portsmouth. My 5th is Southampton, but my brother goes there already so I don't know if I'd go there (want my own uni?)
I live in Surrey.
Question is, am I applying too low, or should I just go for the ones I liked most?
Cheers!
Definitely go for the ones you like most.

The entry requirements are simply for the University to ensure that their students can cope with the level of their course, but remember you're gonna be spending 3-5 years there! So don't apply somewhere you don't want to go to just because they're more selective :smile:
Original post by dannicturner
Definitely go for the ones you like most.

The entry requirements are simply for the University to ensure that their students can cope with the level of their course, but remember you're gonna be spending 3-5 years there! So don't apply somewhere you don't want to go to just because they're more selective :smile:

Ahh, thanks. Some people saying I should have oxbridged, but I don't like the whole college uni thing. The unis I am applying to are mostly AAA, so only one grade down from what I am predicted. I shall still aim to exceed my predictions in the hope I can qualify for some academic scholarships :-)
Have you looked at Surrey?

Might be worth looking at Imperial too.
Original post by Dark-Knight1
Ahh, thanks. Some people saying I should have oxbridged, but I don't like the whole college uni thing. The unis I am applying to are mostly AAA, so only one grade down from what I am predicted. I shall still aim to exceed my predictions in the hope I can qualify for some academic scholarships :-)

If you don't want to go to Oxbridge then don't - you're only taking the place away from the other applicants!

Honestly though, what you like and want from your university is a million times more important than they grades they ask from you :smile: You're also more likely to get an offer if your predicted grades exceed their offers (especially compared to Oxbridge!)
Original post by dannicturner
If you don't want to go to Oxbridge then don't - you're only taking the place away from the other applicants!

Honestly though, what you like and want from your university is a million times more important than they grades they ask from you :smile: You're also more likely to get an offer if your predicted grades exceed their offers (especially compared to Oxbridge!)

Thanks guys.

I think Surrey is a little too close

Quick Reply

Latest