The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Trihawk7
3 hours lol imagine putting physics within it that'll be like 4 hours, rip sixth form life. But yeah it sucks the way I can't do it, I really enjoy maths but it's k, I get to escape the risk that I might get a bad grade :smile:

You mean Rip life in general... Haha, already don't have a life - have to stay until 6 on a monday - dammit school. The joys of my school. :mad:
And yeah, have to think positively :P
Original post by turn-to-page394
Pascal. Hmmm. Thats veeery french. :biggrin:

Yh, my school doesn't offer eng lang. I'd probably do better at that :frown: and yeah, i'm dreading biology - there's always a lot to REMEMBER and i have a ridiculously selective and short term memory. Ack.

I don't mind memorizing things for Biology, I just can't get my head around things for chemistry :frown: Can't believe I got a B in the chemistry exam though :biggrin: I love English all together, but I hate poetry so I thought I'd be better at creative writing. Got an A* on that coursework :tongue:
Original post by ImagineCats
I don't mind memorizing things for Biology, I just can't get my head around things for chemistry :frown: Can't believe I got a B in the chemistry exam though :biggrin: I love English all together, but I hate poetry so I thought I'd be better at creative writing. Got an A* on that coursework :tongue:

Oh well done for chemistry and english!! Yeah, I prefer creative writing to poetry but my teacher says my poems are better :confused:it's frustrating as I put more effort into the creative writing. ah well. :biggrin:
Chemistry is ok for me - once i get it that is! My teacher is really good - explains it well. He's ill at the moment tho :frown:
Hate memorising and cramming stuff into my brain
Original post by Its_Tito
Ah sorry about that ;( oohh well done :smile: A*s in everything apart from Spanish and I would be happy with an A in Drama because the written part is soooo hard :') but yeah, aim high :wink: how about you?

I want A* in everything apart from lang, lit, art, french and additional maths(max is A) so I've got 2/8 of the A*'s I want so far and I'm looking for an A* on EPQ for 70 Ucas points. Unsure about philosophy AS, I'm only taking if I can guarantee and A
Oh well done for chemistry and english!! Yeah, I prefer creative writing to poetry but my teacher says my poems are better :confused:it's frustrating as I put more effort into the creative writing. ah well. :biggrin:
Chemistry is ok for me - once i get it that is! My teacher is really good - explains it well. He's ill at the moment tho :frown:
Hate memorising and cramming stuff into my brain

You done Chem ISA yet? I'm doing my paper 1 of the ISA tomorrow xD
Original post by vd12345
You done Chem ISA yet? I'm doing my paper 1 of the ISA tomorrow xD

What is ISA???:colondollar: Sorry I have no idea :smile: I'm doing iGCSE so maybe its different : have to do a 2 hour paper and a 1h 30 paper ( I think) and that's it.

Good luck anyways! :biggrin:
What is ISA???:colondollar: Sorry I have no idea :smile: I'm doing iGCSE so maybe its different : have to do a 2 hour paper and a 1h 30 paper ( I think) and that's it.

Good luck anyways! :biggrin:

Its worth 25% of total Gcse its a CA
And can you do me a favour? Make a thread in GCSE section called 'Sixth form and A level discussion' and quote me :smile: it won't let me make threads today on my phone idk why o_O
Original post by vd12345
I want A* in everything apart from lang, lit, art, french and additional maths(max is A) so I've got 2/8 of the A*'s I want so far and I'm looking for an A* on EPQ for 70 Ucas points. Unsure about philosophy AS, I'm only taking if I can guarantee and A

I think, at GCSE level, most things are easy enough to get the A* if you just revise and sometimes just memories text....but things like Spanish/other languages which aren't just about memorising but how you present yourself, and also art/drama which are very much how the examiner interprets your work can be hard to get the A* in....

And English is just difficult so whatever >.<
Original post by vd12345
Its worth 25% of total Gcse its a CA
And can you do me a favour? Make a thread in GCSE section called 'Sixth form and A level discussion' and quote me :smile: it won't let me make threads today on my phone idk why o_O

oh it is? that makes sense. :smile: and i'll try - never made a thread before
oh it is? that makes sense. :smile: and i'll try - never made a thread before

I think, at GCSE level, most things are easy enough to get the A* if you just revise and sometimes just memories text....but things like Spanish/other languages which aren't just about memorising but how you present yourself, and also art/drama which are very much how the examiner interprets your work can be hard to get the A* in....

And English is just difficult so whatever >.<

True say xD I don't need A* eng, art or french anyways
Original post by vd12345
True say xD I don't need A* eng, art or french anyways

Exactly :biggrin: an A is really good, and even a B in some cases :')
Exactly :biggrin: an A is really good, and even a B in some cases :')

When ya sleeping today? XD just wondering
Original post by vd12345
When ya sleeping today? XD just wondering

No idea, still have to watch an hour long show on my laptop and some youtube so I'll go to bed at about 11-12, then I've got another show I want to watch on my phone which is an hour, then I'll probably find some other stuff to do, solve my cubes and we'll aim for 2ish :')

Haha, how about you?
No idea, still have to watch an hour long show on my laptop and some youtube so I'll go to bed at about 11-12, then I've got another show I want to watch on my phone which is an hour, then I'll probably find some other stuff to do, solve my cubes and we'll aim for 2ish :')

Haha, how about you?

Been in bed for bout 15 mins, just gonna browse the web for a bit and social media.. I'd say just before 12? Gotta get up at 6:30 so yhh... Only been getting up that early since monday, and I'm already dying.:frown:
Original post by vd12345
Been in bed for bout 15 mins, just gonna browse the web for a bit and social media.. I'd say just before 12? Gotta get up at 6:30 so yhh... Only been getting up that early since monday, and I'm already dying.:frown:

Early mornings suck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SampleX
Early mornings suck.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yh I know right? I'm not really a morning person
Original post by vd12345

Fell asleep around 3....oops :') and been awake for an hour >.<
Original post by vd12345
Yh I know right? I'm not really a morning person

Neither am I. I just love my bed waaay too much

Posted from TSR Mobile
I can't believe some of you guys go to bed after 12 on a school night. I would die of exhaustion! I go to bed at around 22:30ish and I'm always tired, don't know how you guys can function on such little sleep :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest