The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
I'm surprised I'm not even that upset about this result. You lose some and you win some, well done to Southampton. Anybody with common sense can see that they put out a full strength team and we gave a lot of our youngsters a run. It's the league cup. Yeah you may argue "our best chance of winning a cup" but too bad, we're out. We march on in the league, go as far as we can in the CL and try and defend the FA cup. I'd rather have taken a loss in the league cup than a loss to any side in the premier league tbh. We've seen some positives i. e- Sanchez's goal, Ospina's performance. Yes it's a cup chance gone but oh well. Why some people are getting over emotional I will never know.

Thanks, finally a positive comment!

I was impressed with Bellerin and Campbell also it was great to see Diaby again.
Anybody try wum I swear down bruh. Not much to wum about though.
Rosicky you can put down to a bad day, since normally when he gets the chance to play, he does well.

Podolski on the other hand...
Original post by Jgco2chem
Thanks, finally a positive comment!

I was impressed with Bellerin and Campbell also it was great to see Diaby again.

Ty :h:

Yes me too, Bellerin is special. Glad Campbell got a run today though!
Result is probably a blessing in disguise for y'all. Surprised with the XI Wenger put out there.
Reply 185
You guys watch the game? Campbell had a stinker seems out of touch with the rest of the team might need more time Idk but I can see why wenger doesn't play him as often left bellerin exposed a lot of the time too. Podolski was anonymous at CF just like every other time he's played their rozza had an off game but tbf to the guy he is 34 I hope diaby replaces arteta against spuds and wilshere looks like he's getting back to his best. Coquelin and hayden impressed.
Reply 186
I'm never going to a game that has a general ticket sale again, and I recommend you guys don't either. The "fans" pissed me off more than the result..

Alexis' free kick though
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 187
Original post by SHOO
I'm never going to a game that has a general ticket sale again, and I recommend you guys don't either. The "fans" pissed me off more than the result..

Alexis' free kick though

What an absolute beauty.....
Reply 188
Original post by ibbyn
What an absolute beauty.....

The way it swerved into the corner. It was perfection..

Orgasm in the eyes man I tell you
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Result is probably a blessing in disguise for y'all. Surprised with the XI Wenger put out there.

It's not a blessing it was a chance for players like podolski, campbell and others to get form in order to be a first team option!

At least there was no injuries
Original post by SHOO

Alexis' free kick though

Yep. My first actual Arsenal game today :redface: was a great experience but why are some people so shy to sing lol :frown: ....the game was average. Only way to describe it- Southamptons time wasting was pissing me off tho
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ibbyn
You guys watch the game? Campbell had a stinker seems out of touch with the rest of the team might need more time Idk but I can see why wenger doesn't play him as often left bellerin exposed a lot of the time too. Podolski was anonymous at CF just like every other time he's played their rozza had an off game but tbf to the guy he is 34 I hope diaby replaces arteta against spuds and wilshere looks like he's getting back to his best. Coquelin and hayden impressed.

Yeah Joel's passing accuracy was probably 0.1% LOL he does have talent tho but im hoping its just an issue gelling with the team
Reply 192
Original post by deborarosa
Yep. My first actual Arsenal game today :frown:( why are some people so shy to sing lol....the game was average. Only way to describe it- Southamptons time wasting was pissing me off tho

Though the general atmosphere at the emirates is dire, the matchdays when tickets are purchased by members are quite often better.

The away fans are by far the best.. They sing their hearts out all game. The coach ride back home is so dead coz everyone's voice is either gone or their sleeping lolol
So Campbell had a dodgy debut.

Been telling man that he'll do nothing and get shipped off eventually.
Reply 194
Original post by e aí rapaz
Rosicky you can put down to a bad day, since normally when he gets the chance to play, he does well.

Podolski on the other hand...

I think it's just a case of being rusty with Thomas. Wasn't Podolski out in Germany watching Koln on Sunday? He doesn't look as interested any more which is saddening :/
Original post by Jgco2chem
It's not a blessing it was a chance for players like podolski, campbell and others to get form in order to be a first team option!

At least there was no injuries

Lol I doubt a COC match would convince Wenger.
Original post by jam278
So Campbell had a dodgy debut.

Been telling man that he'll do nothing and get shipped off eventually.

Podolski did even less tbh...

Rosicky had his first bad game in an Arsenal shirt today. Seriously I've never seen that guy have a bad game, we can let him off this one.
Original post by Pete_91

Rosicky had his first bad game in an Arsenal shirt today. Seriously I've never seen that guy have a bad game, we can let him off this one.

Since 2012 he's been pretty solid Rosicky but age will catch up eventually. I see him becoming a Giggs, think he's probably past it already and should only be reserved for certain games.
Original post by SHOO
Though the general atmosphere at the emirates is dire, the matchdays when tickets are purchased by members are quite often better.

The away fans are by far the best.. They sing their hearts out all game. The coach ride back home is so dead coz everyone's voice is either gone or their sleeping lolol

Yeah I was thinking that. If it was the NLD the atmosphere wouldve been amazing. It was the C1Cup anyway werent expecting World Cup craziness lol- Ive heard the away fans are better but still the home fans should create an amazing atmosphere all the time for the beautiful stadium the Emirates is. The amount of people in suits I saw tho LOL..I know they just finished work but idk if thats normal for other teams or does Arsenal just have loads of business men fans
Reply 199
Original post by Pete_91

Think it's a matter of being rusty with him. I really do hope it's a one off because he was woeful tonight. I've never seen him lose the ball as much :/

Latest