The Student Room Group

St George's Medicine Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NancyRoseC
should i apply with ukcat of 640??

I have a ukcat of 630 is it even worth thinking of applying to st georges.
Original post by purplepetal
I have a ukcat of 630 is it even worth thinking of applying to st georges.

I have a strong feeling that the cut off will be around 630 this year :smile: so I'd say go for it!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Saywhatyoumean
I have a strong feeling that the cut off will be around 630 this year :smile: so I'd say go for it!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks... i sincerely hope so:biggrin:
Hey guys,

I really want to apply but I'm not sure if I stand a competitive chance?

My stats are:
GCSE: 8A*s 2As
AS: AABBB
Predicted A*A*AA
UKCAT: 632.5

Do you reckon I could make the cut this year? Also any other suggestions as to where I could apply?

Many thanks! :biggrin:
Original post by starsdelight
Hey guys,

I really want to apply but I'm not sure if I stand a competitive chance?

My stats are:
GCSE: 8A*s 2As
AS: AABBB
Predicted A*A*AA
UKCAT: 632.5

Do you reckon I could make the cut this year? Also any other suggestions as to where I could apply?

Many thanks! :biggrin:

I think you could apply here :smile: St George's interview most people when you meet the minimum entry requirements and like I said before I reckon it'll be around 630 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think you could apply here :smile: St George's interview most people when you meet the minimum entry requirements and like I said before I reckon it'll be around 630 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hope that the average is lower this year so I won't be a borderline case!
hey guys, i've decided i'm going to be applying to St George's as well!

GCSEs: 6A*s 5As 3Bs (pretty average compared to everyone else)
A-Levels: already achieved
AAAAb UKCAT - 705 band 3

How much do St George's look into PS when considering who to interview and do you think i'll get an interview?
Original post by blissfully
hey guys, i've decided i'm going to be applying to St George's as well!

GCSEs: 6A*s 5As 3Bs (pretty average compared to everyone else)
A-Levels: already achieved
AAAAb UKCAT - 705 band 3

How much do St George's look into PS when considering who to interview and do you think i'll get an interview?

They don't look at ps before interview :smile: and since you've got great stats you're pretty much guaranteed an interview!

After interview they will put a lot more emphasis on ps though so make sure it's solid
They don't look at ps before interview :smile: and since you've got great stats you're pretty much guaranteed an interview!

After interview they will put a lot more emphasis on ps though so make sure it's solid

After the interview, they dont look at ur ps still. They only use it to learn more about you when you get called for an interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I really like George's (it's one of my 2 top choices, I guess)
My stats are:

GCSE - 9A*s and 1A, I do a mixture of a-levels and pre-Us so I only took AS exams in Biology and Spanish (got As in both of them) and I'm predicted 2As in Further Maths and Chemistry and 2A*s in Bio and Maths. (+I'm doing AS art this year.)

UKCAT - 720 band 1

Do you reckon I'll get an interview with these?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NicolasCage7
I really like George's (it's one of my 2 top choices, I guess)
My stats are:

GCSE - 9A*s and 1A, I do a mixture of a-levels and pre-Us so I only took AS exams in Biology and Spanish (got As in both of them) and I'm predicted 2As in Further Maths and Chemistry and 2A*s in Bio and Maths. (+I'm doing AS art this year.)

UKCAT - 720 band 1

Do you reckon I'll get an interview with these?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah you should do pretty easily
I am not sure if my ukcat is high enough for sgul i got 635 :s-smilie:, I have 432 points on my gcse, and have been predicted AAA
please help!!!
Original post by helpformedicine
I am not sure if my ukcat is high enough for sgul i got 635 :s-smilie:, I have 432 points on my gcse, and have been predicted AAA
please help!!!

It'll be risky but worth a shot!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 173
please help!!!

You should go for it! They don't actually have a minimum cut-off so you'll still be considered :smile: look at UEA to!
Original post by 2018
You should go for it! They don't actually have a minimum cut-off so you'll still be considered :smile: look at UEA to!

SGUL do have a minimum cut off score which will depend on the scores of all the applicants.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 2018

Yeah, they have a cut off, got a B in eng language so can't apply uea, I m applying Liverpool, Lancaster and Keele, does anyone know anyother unis that allow low ukcat?
Yeah, they have a cut off, got a B in eng language so can't apply uea, I m applying Liverpool, Lancaster and Keele, does anyone know anyother unis that allow low ukcat?

do you have an A in english lit tho?
Yeah
Original post by Jaska
do you have an A in english lit tho?

Yeah
Yeah

then you can still apply

Quick Reply

Latest