The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Mignolet saves 1/13 penalties on target

For a CL, Premier League competing and Belgian international keeper that is pretty ****
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
THE COMMENTATOR JUST SAID 30 PENALTIES.

Lol :colone:

i know you idiot, i was just going off your amazing logic:cool:

not sure if you can criticise a keeper in a penalty shootout but mignolet doesn't exactly fill me with confidence...
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
You wrote 26 first time :tongue:

Original post by Obiejess
Um. 14+13=27 +3 missed =30 I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I get it -_-
Original post by TornadoGR4
Congratulations on scraping past lower league opposition through a lengthy penalty shoot-out.

Weak attempt is weak. Nobody bother responding pls.
Original post by So Instinct
Harsh tbh, the pens were very good and he was fingertips a few times.

If you're fingertipping the saves really he should have reacted a little quicker and save it.

It's a minor criticism but getting close to many pens you should really get one and save it.
Original post by Lúcio
i know you idiot, i was just going off your amazing logic:cool:

not sure if you can criticise a keeper in a penalty shootout but mignolet doesn't exactly fill me with confidence...

Idiot -_-

That was good entertainment though well done. I think In just sat through a bit of history.
(edited 9 years ago)
Both teams did boss penalties in fairness to both keepers, there were a couple that Mignolet could of saved if he dived the right way though...
regardless of how good our pens are, should it really take us that much time to beat middlesborough?
i have no doubt we'll improve but these last 4 games have been truly awful.

luckily everton's defence is technically worse than ours so maybe we'll at least get a few nice chances at the weekend.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Idiot -_-

That was good entertainment though well done. I think In just sat through a bit of history.

strong response:rolleyes:

u mad bro?
last 16 of league cup - first step towards liverpool treble this season.
Sterling must still feel like a right plonker though...
Original post by jam278
If you're fingertipping the saves really he should have reacted a little quicker and save it.

It's a minor criticism but getting close to many pens you should really get one and save it.

Again harsh even the best penalty savers in the world still fingertip. Not every pen is at the same pace you go just before the pen so it's just a guessing game.

Oh and he did save one btw :wink:
(edited 9 years ago)
really hope balo gets his first league goal against everton this weekend.
he's certainly a confidence player and as a team we need to get our momentum back.
Original post by Lúcio
first step towards liverpool treble this season.

Need I bother luc? Need I?
Sturridge has comfortably been your best player the last few games.
Original post by Lúcio
really hope balo gets his first league goal against everton this weekend.
he's certainly a confidence player and as a team we need to get our momentum back.

You are so full of cliches.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by addylad
You are so full of cliches.

Posted from TSR Mobile

+1
Either Liverpool is just having realllly bad form rn or they've gone back to pre-Luis Suarez ways...Mignolet is sosososo bad.the pen shoot out was amazing, literally history ayy lmao
Reply 2937
Mignolet gets so much stick. It's mad. He's not even that bad, and pens are a lottery.
Original post by deborarosa
Either Liverpool is just having realllly bad form rn or they've gone back to pre-Luis Suarez ways...Mignolet is sosososo bad.the pen shoot out was amazing, literally history ayy lmao

We badly miss Sturridge and more teams are parking the bus in which we generally look clueless against. It took 105 minutes for us realise that trying to play through the centre of the bus does not work, we then use the width more and funnily enough we score...
Original post by samir12
We badly miss Sturridge and more teams are parking the bus in which we generally look clueless against. It took 105 minutes for us realise that trying to play through the centre of the bus does not work, we then use the width more and funnily enough we score...

Yep. You're desperately missing Sturridge. Your best player

Quick Reply