The Student Room Group

The Somali Society Mk III

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonynous
I'm on TSR as a full-time troll now. I'm done with life. It's crap, cba to be srs anymore.

Lol
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm on TSR as a full-time troll now. I'm done with life. It's crap, cba to be srs anymore.

You are sad.
Whyy the hell is this thread so dryyy for? Like damnnn, where my peeps at?
Original post by Chukkeigh
Whyy the hell is this thread so dryyy for? Like damnnn, where my peeps at?

Learning

EDUCATION ^^^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by missfats
Learning

EDUCATION ^^^

Posted from TSR Mobile

Like what is that?!
Original post by Badshah
You are sad.

Likewise.
Likewise.

Lol
Is it true in medicine, they consider the fact that you are a minority? Heard it from a medicine applicant who is somali. Pretty awesome if it is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Abzey_97
Is it true in medicine, they consider the fact that you are a minority? Heard it from a medicine applicant who is somali. Pretty awesome if it is.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Shhh :ninja:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really? I swear the majority of people in med are a minority anyway lol #stereotype
Original post by SophiaLDN
Really? I swear the majority of people in med are a minority anyway lol #stereotype

Asians are a minority in this country but because asians apply the most they are not a minority in that field. You dnt see a lot of somalis doing medicine so if they applied they would consider that you are a minority... a minority not only in the country but in that field.

I would love to have british born people in my class at whichever uni I go to next year inshallah. Soo many ppl I know are sayin that their class has a lot of chinese (mostly) and other international students.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Omg i just sounded racist there.:eek: :facepalm: I just meant that I would like to have ppl I have something in common with.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Asians are a minority in this country but because asians apply the most they are not a minority in that field. You dnt see a lot of somalis doing medicine so if they applied they would consider that you are a minority... a minority not only in the country but in that field.

I would love to have british born people in my class at whichever uni I go to next year inshallah. Soo many ppl I know are sayin that their class has a lot of chinese (mostly) and other international students.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh ok that actually makes sense! Haha don't worry you don't sound racist. Are you applying for medicine? I get what you mean, there are loads of international students in my Uni/course too.
Ahh ok that actually makes sense! Haha don't worry you don't sound racist. Are you applying for medicine? I get what you mean, there are loads of international students in my Uni/course too.

Medicine? Hell no. Dont want to be a doctor. Civil Engineering is the one for me.
Like 90 per cent of applicants choose it just because its nice pay and they are really good academically.
70 per cent are pressured into it.

Them chinese ppl are clever man, they make me feel dumb.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Medicine? Hell no. Dont want to be a doctor. Civil Engineering is the one for me.
Like 90 per cent of applicants choose it just because its nice pay and they are really good academically.
70 per cent are pressured into it.

Them chinese ppl are clever man, they make me feel dumb.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You must be very smart!

Walahi they know everything man :bawling:
You must be very smart!

Walahi they know everything man :bawling:

Thank you. But I really aint. Jus work your damn socks off and everything will be fine.

And they probably haven't heard of the other grades like U and D.
Them chinese ppl be like ''I thought an A was the lowest grade''

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you. But I really aint. Jus work your damn socks off and everything will be fine.

And they probably haven't heard of the other grades like U and D.
Them chinese ppl be like ''I thought an A was the lowest grade''

Posted from TSR Mobile

Apparently the names of their graduate children are written with gold leaf ink on the walls of their homes as a reward and motivation for other members of the family.
I dont know if this is variably true but it sounds incredible.
Original post by Al-farhan
Apparently the names of their graduate children are written with gold leaf ink on the walls of their homes as a reward and motivation for other members of the family.
I dont know if this is variably true but it sounds incredible.

Wow :awesome: if it is true that is amazing. Just for chinese students or japanese students too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

How would they know you're Somali? There is only the Black African/ Black British box for us to tick on the UCAS ethnicity form

Quick Reply

Latest