The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Is there anyone here who like anime, video games or k-pop?

Is there any anime clubs or anything (sorry I'm american just started at oxford brooks). anything? anyone? Anyway to meet people into anime and such? Thank you! :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Sillygirl20
Is there any anime clubs or anything (sorry I'm american just started at oxford brooks). anything? anyone? Anyway to meet people into anime and such? Thank you! :smile:

I'm not sure but there probably will be information at your freshers fair :smile:.

Edit: Here's a link for the various Societies.

1)Japanese Society
2)Korean Society
3)Gaming Society
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 2
Original post by keromedic
I'm not sure but there probably will be information at your freshers fair :smile:.

Edit: Here's a link for the various Societies.

1)Japanese Society
2)Korean Society
3)Gaming Society

Thank you so much! i actually missed the fair sadly due to travel issues =(. Im kinda new to all this. thank you! :smile:
Reply 3

I like anime :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by Hanmoo
I like anime :biggrin:

Hello! :smile: What animes do you like?
Hello again.
I suppose if i'm looking for friends, similar interests are a good place to start.

And if we're talking favourite anime's
Then fullmetal alchemist (brotherhood is better for narratively, but the original is still ace), usagi drop, garden of sinners, baccano, tora dora and trigun to name a few
Reply 6
Original post by PIPPING_PERSONA
Hello again.
I suppose if i'm looking for friends, similar interests are a good place to start.

And if we're talking favourite anime's
Then fullmetal alchemist (brotherhood is better for narratively, but the original is still ace), usagi drop, garden of sinners, baccano, tora dora and trigun to name a few

Trigun! they used to air that so late at night when i was a kid i would saty up till 1 to watch it all the time. have you ever seen cowboy bebop?
Trigun! they used to air that so late at night when i was a kid i would saty up till 1 to watch it all the time. have you ever seen cowboy bebop?

I love cowboy bebop, i delayed watching it because the dvd's were out of print, and the show was hyped and i worried i would be disappointed if it didn't live up to the hype.
I bought the blu-rays earlier this year,
and it so did live up to the praise
Trigun, i first watched on DVD, I liked the transition from comedic fare toa more sobering, dramatic show, also vash's coat....I WANT IT!!!
Reply 8
I love cowboy bebop, i delayed watching it because the dvd's were out of print, and the show was hyped and i worried i would be disappointed if it didn't live up to the hype.
I bought the blu-rays earlier this year,
and it so did live up to the praise
Trigun, i first watched on DVD, I liked the transition from comedic fare toa more sobering, dramatic show, also vash's coat....I WANT IT!!!

Oh god the ending >.< i just wanted her to end up with tirgun! Every time i go to a convention the vash coat is like 200 its still so popular after all these years!
Oh god the ending >.< i just wanted her to end up with tirgun! Every time i go to a convention the vash coat is like 200 its still so popular after all these years!

Personally, i think vash should not be romantically affiliated, he's the wanderer with issues, i like that type of character, i like the ambiguity behind the ending, his brother was ****ing twisted though.
the coat is awesome in design, but expensive, hence i will not be acquiring it any time soon.
Reply 10
Personally, i think vash should not be romantically affiliated, he's the wanderer with issues, i like that type of character, i like the ambiguity behind the ending, his brother was ****ing twisted though.
the coat is awesome in design, but expensive, hence i will not be acquiring it any time soon.

I mean you can prob order the coat online for cheaper but it wont be as awesome. for full metal did you like brotherhood better?
I mean you can prob order the coat online for cheaper but it wont be as awesome. for full metal did you like brotherhood better?

I'd rather buy the DVD's than the costume or merchandise, I love collecting physical copies of anime.
Brotherhood, i saw the original first, and while it was packed with philosophical quandaries, emotional depth and nuanced characterisation, brotherhood had a more cohesive plot and narrative, which i enjoyed, as the suspense mounted with every episode until the climax exploded
Reply 12
I'd rather buy the DVD's than the costume or merchandise, I love collecting physical copies of anime.
Brotherhood, i saw the original first, and while it was packed with philosophical quandaries, emotional depth and nuanced characterisation, brotherhood had a more cohesive plot and narrative, which i enjoyed, as the suspense mounted with every episode until the climax exploded

Well brotherhood follows the original japanese manga. The first anime of full metal alchemist was just an interpolation the first few episodes were good but after a point the mangas were not even out you for the series to base the anime off the manga so they kinda just went with it. it was kinda a rough interpretation.
Well brotherhood follows the original japanese manga. The first anime of full metal alchemist was just an interpolation the first few episodes were good but after a point the mangas were not even out you for the series to base the anime off the manga so they kinda just went with it. it was kinda a rough interpretation.

Oh i know the difference was due to the mangaka having not finished the series by the climax of the original anime, that happens a fair bit with anime, and often the endings aren't as satisfying because of it.
personally, i love both, for varying reasons.
What anime do you like, and oh, more importantly, what are you taking, subject wise i mean.
Reply 14
im taking international foundation. =)
I have no clue as to what a course like that entails, but i hope you have a great time on the course, god knows it would be painful if you didn't enjoy at least some of it.
Reply 16
I have no clue as to what a course like that entails, but i hope you have a great time on the course, god knows it would be painful if you didn't enjoy at least some of it.

It's just going over stuff from a levels lol cause I'm American
Reply 17
Hey there! I'm studying Publishing at Oxford Brookes (just started) and looking to find some new people to get along with. I actually found this post whilst searching for the oxford brookes gaming society. Whilst I watch some anime, my interests are more geared towards games and (some) manga. What kinda games are people interested in? ^^
A-levels were enjoyable for me, although i'm quite elated to be progressing.
some say the attainment of knowledge is the purpose of humans, i disagree, but it's a productive way to pass the time.

I'm exactly the opposite, play some games, more of an anime person.
I do like some RPG's, my favourite games being catherine, persona 4, twilight princess

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending