The Student Room Group

if you're not a feminist..

Scroll to see replies

To be perfectly honest equality is fundamentally what we are all arguing about, and to be fair in countries like the UK we really have more to worry about than the small wage gap between genders! The difference between wages has been getting smaller and smaller and instead of wanting to maintain complete equality which will never be obtained maybe we should be looking at bigger issues. I do however agree that women roles in countries that are less econmically developed needs to be fought for as there the problem actually exists! I am a feminist I believe that woman have rights but I do not believe that total equality can be achieved since we are all humans and greed and selfishness are apart of our nature!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Veracity80
Feminism is a farce. All you hear feminists talk about is how oppressed they are. They never talk about the perks of being women. Eg. Basically selling sex for whatever you want. Getting away with crimes. Getting away with falsely accusing rape. Getting more choice in dating. Getting more support from other people (financially, emotionally)
They want to focus on the negatives. Why? They want to reinforce the idea that they are the inferior race. Equality will never exist if feminism is around, because all it consists of is deluded, ugly, bitter, sexually frustrated, man hating women playing victim all the time to cry for attention.

This victim thing really rustles my jimmies. Women love to take the opportunity to be inferior. They talk about how they hate being portrayed or treated as inferior, yet they are the ones who are doing it themselves. There are women on this forum, I guarantee, who have been in "abusive relationships". Instead of leaving the relationship and being a self responsible person, they will sit there taking other people's **** just so they can play victim. They are equally as guilty since most feminists will consciously choose to put themselves in situations where they can be abused and treated as inferiors, all because they have no self respect and try to shift their problems onto other people. It's never their fault is it. Feminists take no responsibility for their actions. Which is why they will never be equal to men.

you will never find love, my friend. it's just not gonna happen.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tanyapotter

Posted from TSR Mobile
love is the delusion that one woman differs from another. i am glad.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm still wondering where you got that conclusion from?
to be honest, it doesn't matter if none of you care about or support the campaign because i doubt the views of a handful of stubborn teenagers on places like TSR and reddit are going to slow down the feminist movement much. all they do is put you in a bad light and raise even more awareness for feminism.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by andrew2209
I'm still wondering where you got that conclusion from?

if you've read the generalisations he makes about women, i think it's pretty self explanatory.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46

Posted from TSR Mobile

someone who dislikes feminism = someone who will never find love?.

I doubt you'll find any real love when you'll be trying to drain your mans bank balance
i invite and implore you to watch and read about emma watson's speech at the UN conference for promoting feminism (the HeForShe campaign) and perhaps reconsider.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/11112411/Emma-Watson-Being-a-feminist-doesnt-make-me-man-hating.html

Posted from TSR Mobile
**** off.
Original post by alpen
someone who dislikes feminism = someone who will never find love?.

I doubt you'll find any real love when you'll be trying to drain your mans bank balance

won't need to because i'll be rich as hell B)

Posted from TSR Mobile
it's great that you believe in equality, and, as emma watson mentions in her speech, it's about the idea and principles that feminism represents, not the word. so thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

sexism, discrimination, smear campaigns?

I'll just stick to supporting equality, not feminism.
Original post by ChickenMadness
sexism, discrimination, smear campaigns?

I'll just stick to supporting equality, not feminism.

u dumb as hell bruh

Posted from TSR Mobile
u dumb as hell bruh

Posted from TSR Mobile

you're just ignorant breh
you're just ignorant breh

ignorant of ur dumbness yes

Posted from TSR Mobile
to be honest, it doesn't matter if none of you care about or support the campaign because i doubt the views of a handful of stubborn teenagers on places like TSR and reddit are going to slow down the feminist movement much. all they do is put you in a bad light and raise even more awareness for feminism.

Posted from TSR Mobile

won't need to because i'll be rich as hell B)

Posted from TSR Mobile

u dumb as hell bruh

Posted from TSR Mobile

:troll:
ignorant of ur dumbness yes

Posted from TSR Mobile

standard feminist troll
standard feminist troll

nope, just cba to reason with you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by andrew2209
:troll:

trolls are the men on 4chan threatening to leak emma's nudes just because they feel threatened that a woman may gain equality. just because you refuse to understand something, it doesn't mean it's wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Paralove
Feminism is not man hating, or removing rights from men. It is about giving and campaigning for equal rights for both men AND women.

I consider myself a feminist, and yet I am none of the things that you just listed.

Femisnism is absolutely not about rights for men, it is very rare to see a feminist group campaigning for men.
trolls are the men on 4chan threatening to leak emma's nudes just because they feel threatened that a woman may gain equality. just because you refuse to understand something, it doesn't mean it's wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://mashable.com/2014/09/24/emma-watson-nude-leak-viral-marketing/

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/news/the-emma-watson-nude-photo-leak-was-a-very-elaborate-hoax-9752810.html

http://www.buzzfeed.com/alanwhite/the-emma-watson-nude-photo-leak-threat-was-a-viral-money-mak#5zm0qs

Seems like the leaking of Emma Watson's nudes is a hoax.

Quick Reply

Latest