The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AngryJellyfish
Here's a synopsis - but basically, it's arc-based shounen fight series featuring pirates, fantastically fun characters and fruits that grant crazy super powers. I've enjoyed it a lot overall. :smile:

It also it comedy anime and it will make you laugh out loud
Started Oreimo... Surprisingly inoffensive so far but I can see that changing...
Episode 12 Aldnoah Zero:

SLAINE, WHY YOU SHOOT INAHO!? :nooo:

Last week I started to watch Zankyou No Terror, and I'm currently on episode 9. The directing is brilliant, and the opening theme has been in my head all week. Five shouldn't be allowed to speak anymore lines of Engrish though!

I discovered a hearty collection of anime on Canadian Netflix. I watched the first season of Sword Art Online to see what all the fuss was about. I quite liked the first half of the series, but I found the depiction of female characters infuriating. Why is every character with two x chromosomes completely enamoured with Kirito. Even those related to him want a piece of him.

Maybe I'm older and a lot more cynical when it comes to teenage romance. :unimpressed:
(edited 9 years ago)
Has anything new been said about hunter x hunter?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Abzey_97
Has anything new been said about hunter x hunter?

Not as far as I'm aware. The manga is still on hiatus due to Togashi's health & the anime is over for now.
Original post by TroyAndAbed
Not as far as I'm aware. The manga is still on hiatus due to Togashi's health & the anime is over for now.

Oh ok thanks:yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by El Nombre
I discovered a hearty collection of anime on Canadian Netflix. I watched the first season of Sword Art Online to see what all the fuss was about. I quite liked the first half of the series, but I found the depiction of female characters infuriating. Why is every character with two x chromosomes completely enamoured with Kirito. Even those related to him want a piece of him.

Maybe I'm older and a lot more cynical when it comes to teenage romance. :unimpressed:

I'm watching the sequel...and it's not really spoiling but I still think the same thing seeing him.

Natural gigolo :mmm:
Original post by Keoje
I'm watching the sequel...and it's not really spoiling but I still think the same thing seeing him.

Natural gigolo :mmm:

I wish I had the guts like kirito in real life yo be pilling girls:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by El Nombre
Episode 12 Aldnoah Zero:

SLAINE, WHY YOU SHOOT INAHO!? :nooo:

Last week I started to watch Zankyou No Terror, and I'm currently on episode 9. The directing is brilliant, and the opening theme has been in my head all week. Five shouldn't be allowed to speak anymore lines of Engrish though!

I have an irrational hate for characters like that, and there's quite a lot of them around.
Finished Pet Kanojo. Was good I guess but unfinished business :emo:

Think I'll join the Nanami Fanclub for this series :love:

Love the OP and ED for this series. So catchy :dance:
(edited 9 years ago)
Apparently I haven't posted in 5 days. :zomg: My internet is fine, and I'm still watching anime (more than usual actually, thanks to being unemployed), so I don't know how that happened. :p:

I've finished most of the manga I was previously reading, so my reading list now consists of Coda, Kugutsu, Normal City and Yume Nikki. :biggrin: I'm still only halfway through Red River though, which due to the sudden lack of income is the only series I'm still buying - the rest are unlicensed. :yes:
Reply 7971
HxH is over. :bawling: What a lovely ending. If thats all the HxH we ever get then Im ok with that being how it ends.:beard:

Almost finished with Jojo, just got the last ep left to go. They really did just go travelling albeit very slowly.:hmmm:

Spoiler

Up to date with SAO, still liking it.:mmm:

Its a good thing im familiar with DBZ otherwise the blatant DBKai spoiler in the episode title might have annoyed me. Not that its a series you really watch for the plot anyway.:giggle:

Might need to watch log horizon, been playing Archeage(New mmorpg, seems sort of ok.. but had horrible queues...) which has a guild named after it .. there's also one called laughing coffin. :giggle:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by vin
HxH is over. :bawling: What a lovely ending. If thats all the HxH we ever get then Im ok with that being how it ends.:beard:

Almost finished with Jojo, just got the last ep left to go. They really did just go travelling albeit very slowly.:hmmm:

Spoiler

Up to date with SAO, still liking it.:mmm:

Its a good thing im familiar with DBZ otherwise the blatant DBKai spoiler in the episode title might have annoyed me. Not that its a series you really watch for the plot anyway.:giggle:

Might need to watch log horizon, been playing Archeage(New mmorpg, seems sort of ok.. but had horrible queues...) which has a guild named after it .. there's also one called laughing coffin. :giggle:

Log Horizon is great.

It actually inspired me to play FFXIV:ARR haha.

Second season starts soon too ^~^

Original post by AngryJellyfish
Apparently I haven't posted in 5 days. :zomg: My internet is fine, and I'm still watching anime (more than usual actually, thanks to being unemployed), so I don't know how that happened. :p:

I've finished most of the manga I was previously reading, so my reading list now consists of Coda, Kugutsu, Normal City and Yume Nikki. :biggrin: I'm still only halfway through Red River though, which due to the sudden lack of income is the only series I'm still buying - the rest are unlicensed. :yes:

Are you aware if the Genshiken Nidaime manga is still ongoing? ^^
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Iridann
Are you aware if the Genshiken Nidaime manga is still ongoing? ^^

It's ongoing at 103 chapters (16 volumes), apparently. :yes:
Sooooound~
Does the anime Mushishi have an actual story to it? I'm up to episode 10 and all I've gathered is that some random guy with one eye goes around solving people's problems. And if it does, do you know what episode it picks up? Thanks :smile:.
Original post by Dilzo999
Does the anime Mushishi have an actual story to it? I'm up to episode 10 and all I've gathered is that some random guy with one eye goes around solving people's problems. And if it does, do you know what episode it picks up? Thanks :smile:.

It doesn't have an ongoing story, every episode focuses on a different Mushi in a different place. A bit too slow and lacking in plot or character development for my tastes. :s-smilie:
Reply 7977
Just a quick post to say that I am still alive, been a lot busier lately. I'm still finding enough time to watch the majority of my weeklies, finishing off a select few in preparation for the next season, which is looking very promising. (AJ, I'm intending to look at your thread shortly.)

On another note, I've had an unexplainable urge to watch Heroic Age again. This is my sixth time watching it. I suppose I should regard this anime as one of my favourites, even though, objectively speaking, it's far from the best I've seen. :giggle:
Introduced to anime not so long ago by a friend whose first recommendation Death Note, which I thought was fantastic.

Tried to get into Psycho Pass afterwards which had an ok first 6 episodes but never felt the urge to continue watching.

Thinking of trying either Code Geass or Attack on Titans soon. Which would you people recommend?
Original post by citizen__erased
Introduced to anime not so long ago by a friend whose first recommendation Death Note, which I thought was fantastic.

Tried to get into Psycho Pass afterwards which had an ok first 6 episodes but never felt the urge to continue watching.

Thinking of trying either Code Geass or Attack on Titans soon. Which would you people recommend?

Both are very good, but I'd say Attack on Titan is probably the most accessible series for someone who's new to anime. :yes:

Latest

Trending

Trending