The Student Room Group

Bullying Feminists Is Not The Answer

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sherlockfan
equality of the sexes is the key term here. what exactly is wrong with advocating women's rights? especially in parts of the world where everyday women and girls as young as 8 are being forced into marriage.

any men out there wishing to combat this kind of ignorance can help by signing here:

http://www.heforshe.org/#take-action

Yes one movement (feminism) takes issues involving men and women and downplays the fact that men face the same issues through negative propaganda campaigns portraying men as villains and women as victims. Trying to sway public opinion to their toxic ideology.

While the other movement tries to help everyone.

Why would I sign up for a campaign that reinforces the issue I just mentioned. Look at the summary on the front page of the website. Every single campaign reinforces their ideology that women are the only victims of crime and discrimination.

Gender equality is not only a women’s issue, it is a human rights issue that requires my participation. I commit to take action against all forms of violence and discriminationfaced by women and girls.

Why just women and girls? Why not men and boys too? Why not everyone?
Original post by ChickenMadness
Yes one movement (feminism) takes issues involving men and women and downplays the fact that men face the same issues through negative propaganda campaigns portraying men as villains and women as victims. Trying to sway public opinion to their toxic ideology.

While the other movement tries to help everyone.

Why would I sign up for a campaign that reinforces the issue I just mentioned. Look at the summary on the front page of the website. Every single campaign reinforces their ideology that women are the only victims of crime and discrimination.

Why just women and girls? Why not men and boys too? Why not everyone?

Thats like saying why back people? Why not white people too? :rolleyes: because that would be ignoring fundamental issues, the fact that some groups experience more disadvantage than others.
Anyway it wasn't directed at you, just for those who want to help.
(edited 9 years ago)
Thats like saying why back people? Why not white people too? :rolleyes: because that would be ignoring fundamental issues, the fact that some groups experience more disadvantage than others.

Maybe you should read this. You're prejudiced against me because I'm male. But this is a woman who shares my opinion.

http://naughtynerdess.tumblr.com/post/98184739316/an-open-letter-to-emma-watson

You're also ignoring fundamental issues. That feminism brainwashes people through their propoganda campaigns. They take issues that affect men AND women and try to make you believe that they do not affect men. That is why you're rolling your eyes.

You'l probably not have heard of any male issues anyway because the feminist movement tries to stop those issues seeing the light of day.
trolling attempt is poor.

what?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your trolling attempt. It is poor.
Maybe you should read this. You're prejudiced against me because I'm male. But this is a woman who shares my opinion.

You're also ignoring fundamental issues. That feminism brainwashes people through their propoganda campaigns. They take issues that affect men AND women and try to make you believe that they do not affect men. That is why you're rolling your eyes.

You'l probably not have heard of any male issues anyway because the feminist movement tries to stop those issues seeing the light of day.

Not that you're talking to me, but what exactly are the 'male issues' you mentioned?

Im not prejudiced. Your opinion is bigoted, whether its expressed by a male or a female I dont care, its the same. And it makes me sad that some women are afraid to stand up to it.
If anyones brainwashed here its you. Im well aware of issues experienced by men, some of which are outlined in Emma's campaign.
(edited 9 years ago)
Hitler also made a few good speeches in his day
Original post by mynameisntbobk

Comparing Emma Watson to Hitler, just lol.
Your trolling attempt. It is poor.

you deem anything you disagree with a trolling attempt? bit of an easy way out of an argument, don't you reckon? cringe

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because, in the case of crime and gender issues, women aren't the only gender these things apply to. I quoted domestic violence in an earlier comment, for example. Rates of male victims are very similar to those of females (35-55% depending on the source). Yet nearly all awareness campaigns against domestic violence make no mention of male victims at all. Why? Because of the stereotype that women are always the victims. This ideology is reinforced by feminist activism that holds the same biases and favouritism. What follows is that most of the resources available to help people are then allocated to women. More than 90% of shelters and public funding are allocated to women's needs in this regard. Does this sound at all fair?
(edited 9 years ago)
Comparing Emma Watson to Hitler, just lol.

I wasn't comparing him to her. I actually like Emma Watson.

That was just in response to the people saying "why are people insulting (etc) her because she gave a good speech".

If good speeches were all it took to get people to support a cause, then that's pretty ridiculous
Reply 52
I thought it was quite a nice speech, but certainly when it got to the "HeForHer" bit I thought, "oh, never mind then, back to the drawing board".

My 12 page essay on gender inequality is what earned me an A star in sociology. So dont talk to me about what you dont know.

That was probably not your best supporting argument...

Uh...

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2010/sep/05/men-victims-domestic-violence
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by 1004v
Not that you're talking to me, but what exactly are the 'male issues' you mentioned?

So feminists like to take these issues and pretend they don't happen to men
- Rape
- Violent crime
- Constant manipulation of statistics involving employment
- The #yesallwomen campaign was in response to a shooting where more men were killed than women. But with their propaganda they made it look as though no men died.
- The #bringbackourgirls was in response to schoolgirls being kidnapped, when in the same country boys are routinely kidnapped and either killed or turned into child soldiers.
- Feminists like to manipulate information to reinforce the idea that women are victims and men are not.

Also depending on whether it's USA or UK:
-US campuses now have this guilty until proven innocent policy for rape accusations and they can do whatever they want without involving the police
-US policy of mandatory arrest on males in response to domestic abuse calls (even if it's a man making the call and getting abused)
-UK and USA, extremely biased laws surrounding sex, mothers/fathers. Fathers have much less rights.

Exactly
Original post by tanyapotter
you deem anything you disagree with a trolling attempt? bit of an easy way out of an argument, don't you reckon? cringe

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, just throwing around very generic insults. Accusing someone of not knowing what they're talking about. Accusing someone of not knowing what discrimination is etc. Just standard feminist tactics akin to trolling.

If I took the bait it would have devolved into some 'discrimination contest' with both of us giving examples of how we've been discriminated against. But lets be real. I would win anyway even if I did bite lmao. As a female you don't have to deal with violence as much as me as our society frowns upon violence against women. (Assuming you live in a western country).

Im not prejudiced. Your opinion is bigoted, whether its expressed by a male or a female I dont care, its the same. And it makes me sad that some women are afraid to stand up to it.
If anyones brainwashed here its you. Im well aware of issues experienced by men, some of which are outlined in Emma's campaign.

Clearly not. As you identify as a feminist and defend their actions. You are bigoted.
(edited 9 years ago)
I wasn't comparing him to her. I actually like Emma Watson.

That was just in response to the people saying "why are people insulting (etc) her because she gave a good speech".

If good speeches were all it took to get people to support a cause, then that's pretty ridiculous

If its a good cause then I dont see how its ridiculous.
If its a good cause then I dont see how its ridiculous.

But it's not a good cause..

how is bridging the gender discrepancy in education between men and women in africa not a good cause?

Posted from TSR Mobile

What tanyapotter said.
Original post by tanyapotter
how is bridging the gender discrepancy in education between men and women in africa not a good cause?

Posted from TSR Mobile

There isn't ones! Unless you've been to 'Africa' A WHOLE ****ING CONTINENT and experienced it, you can't say it exists for sure. As someone with African in him, and been there many times and with family members who live there, I can assure you women receive the same if not more level of education as men.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending