The Student Room Group

How much money would you spend on a suit?

You see, I'm looking to buy a new suit. Not really for any occasion, I just want a new suit.

I'm currently looking at £200-400. But how much would usually spend on a suit?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
At best between 150-200 pounds. That's because I'm 23 and any thing beyond that is just out of my budget. I normally wait for sales to hit so I can get a good suit at an affordable rate.
Reply 2
Marks and Spencer do decent suits for £79, I have a few of those. I would be willing to go up to £200 for a three-piece suit, no more, and maybe £150 for a Jacket and Trousers.
Reply 3
£200 probably

I got one from Next in the sales

Full jacket, waistcoat and trousers.
Reply 4
Original post by zKlown
£200 probably

I got one from Next in the sales

Full jacket, waistcoat and trousers.

I'm currently looking at Next at the moment ! You can get really nice suits for that amount - thank you!

Original post by Arkasia
Marks and Spencer do decent suits for £79, I have a few of those. I would be willing to go up to £200 for a three-piece suit, no more, and maybe £150 for a Jacket and Trousers.

Thank you- I've had a look at m and s too, they don't have the suit I wanted about a year back which is a shame. But will definitely still look :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Jeanlucpicard
I'm currently looking at Next at the moment ! You can get really nice suits for that amount - thank you!

Thank you- I've had a look at m and s too, they don't have the suit I wanted about a year back which is a shame. But will definitely still look :smile:

Try Debenhams or BHS next :smile:
Moss Bros do beautiful, quality suits. A bit pricey though, but worth it
Reply 7
Original post by AbdulKoyes
Moss Bros do beautiful, quality suits. A bit pricey though, but worth it

Moss bros are a bit out of the price range I think!
Probably around £150 max. Though would be willing to spend more getting it tailored once I have a decent job because its very tricky to get a suit off the rack that fits me well.
I spent £160 on mine including adjustments from Skopes during a sale.
No more than £100
Original post by ForgetMe
No more than £100

Did you forget a zero?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
20p
Original post by Brian Moser
Did you forget a zero?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did intend to put 100. Why would I spend a lot of money on a suit that I might only need couple of times? I'm sure there's good quality of suits that do not cost that much.
Around £100 I guess but if im gonna be needing it to work many times then will spend up to £250. Nothing is better than feeling like luxury.
£400 is top end I would say. You can pick up a decent suit for about £120 - £150
Reply 16
I guess up to about £500. I don't really wear a suit very often though.
You know I've spent really wide amounts on suits. I got a custom fitted one from
moss bros and another from hugo boss for silly amounts.

But my best suit is my £45 one from primark. It's wonderful. If it ever gets old or dirty, I buy a new one. This means that every year I'm completely up to date with latest fashion, haven't overspent, and I'm always fitted to my size if it changes.

:h:
Not even a single penny..I will prefer to stole it from an awesome friend of mine. Haha! kidding. Well, I guess anything between 55-70$ will make me a happy man.
I'm a cheap skate so maybe £100 if it was really nice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending