The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Hey peeps!

Turns out this whole PhD malarkey is gonna be a lot more work and structured than I thought. My supervisor (who's very nice but a bit scary!) wants to see me every 2 weeks :eek:

This is gonna mean much less TSR time, including availability to check up on people and ability to have PM conversations or extended chats on Facebook :sad: From now on, looks like text is gonna be the best way to get at me! :yes:
Original post by furryface12
Yay! :woo:

:hugs:

Ah :s-smilie: Could you send any of it back and they might give you a refund?

Yeah i'll send it all back when my meds have made my head is straight again. This isn't the first ime this has happened :hugs:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Hey peeps!

Turns out this whole PhD malarkey is gonna be a lot more work and structured than I thought. My supervisor (who's very nice but a bit scary!) wants to see me every 2 weeks :eek:

This is gonna mean much less TSR time, including availability to check up on people and ability to have PM conversations or extended chats on Facebook :sad: From now on, looks like text is gonna be the best way to get at me! :yes:

but you can do it hun, we have so much faith in you! :jumphug:

-------------------/--------------------/-------------------
so after about 4 months of sleeping on a matress on the floor, we will have a brand new bed as of next friday :woo: :party:
finally got my meds so i wont get ill from not taking!
guides tomorrow night and annoyingly enough im already becoming anxious over it :s-smilie:
Yay! :woo:

Ah :s-smilie: Could you send any of it back and they might give you a refund?

Thank you :hugs: how are you doing? :smile:
i have science tomorrow and i dont know if im doing practical or not but im hoping we dont becuase im already on edge and its gonna set me off. blah
Original post by tasha96
So lonely being invisible to the rest of the world. The rest of the world seems excellent at isolating me further.

:frown: :hugs:
You aren't invisible to us.
Original post by PandaWho
but you can do it hun, we have so much faith in you! :jumphug:

-------------------/--------------------/-------------------
so after about 4 months of sleeping on a matress on the floor, we will have a brand new bed as of next friday :woo: :party:
guides tomorrow night and annoyingly enough im already becoming anxious over it :s-smilie:

Woooo a bed is good!
Original post by Cinnie
Ummm so I spent (just over) £1000 last week in a crazy out of control shopping binge and loads of random stuff got delivered to my house today :frown: Including a blender, juicer and 3 expensive coats. :cry:

these things happen sometimes hun, try not to beat yourself up about it too much (i know thats easier said than done) i'm glad you're able to return it though :redface:
Original post by WelshBluebird
Woooo a bed is good!

im more excited about the bed than i am about graduation!
so ****ing excited!
Original post by purple-duck
I never replied to this I don't think :eek: Sorry
Glad you've been okay recently :redface:
Up and down still :colondollar: but largely okay I think :redface:

Haha no worries! :smile:.
Thanks!
Awww :hugs:. Glad it is in the more ok side though!

im more excited about the bed than i am about graduation!
so ****ing excited!

Hahahaha woooo! When is your graduation then? :smile:
Original post by Team_McDreamy
these things happen sometimes hun, try not to beat yourself up about it too much (i know thats easier said than done) i'm glad you're able to return it though :redface:

Thanks :smile: Scary when I don't remember stuff. How are you?
Original post by Cinnie
Thanks :smile: Scary when I don't remember stuff. How are you?

i can imagine it would be! i've never gone shopping and not remembered it, but i have definitely had crazy impulsive shopping urges that would not go away so i can kind of relate to how uncontrollable it can get :redface:

ups and downs - currently more downs than ups but ahhh well. it's like i'll be averaging ok throughout the day, just plodding along through life and then within like 30 seconds everything plummets again, and i'm back to how i was this time last year :frown:
Original post by WelshBluebird
Hahahaha woooo! When is your graduation then? :smile:

its also a giant bed :biggrin: and comfy :biggrin:

its 30th October! hoping its nice so photos on Plymouth Hoe will look amazing :smile:
Original post by bubble999
Aww, you're so amazing :hugs: :hugs:

Been to freshers fayre today and bagged a load of freebies :mmm:

As are you!! :hugs: :hugs:

Good ol' freebies! :teehee: I'm seeing society shenanigans tomozzle :biggrin:
Original post by Cinnie
Yeah i'll send it all back when my meds have made my head is straight again. This isn't the first ime this has happened :hugs:

At least you're not just stuck with it all then and you'll get your money back :redface: Is there any way you could put a spending limit on your card or something per day? :dontknow:

Yay! And good :smile: Hopefully guides will be good! I'm meant to start back tomorrow and I need to decide what to do as need to let the leader know and I still haven't done it :s-smilie:

Original post by Porridge510
Thank you :hugs: how are you doing? :smile:

I'm ok, tired and in quite a lot of pain still (got some kind of a chest infection I can't remember the name of) but other than that feel alrightish? Do you feel a bit better now that's all sorted? :hugs:

Original post by guitaristemily
i have science tomorrow and i dont know if im doing practical or not but im hoping we dont becuase im already on edge and its gonna set me off. blah

It might not necessarily involve fire even if you do end up doing practical? Or is there any way you could just not do it even if the rest of the class are? From memory with the science ISAs there was some way of doing the paper even if you didn't do the practical part, or you could ask the teacher if you could do one that doesn't involve fire as there's normally a choice...
its also a giant bed :biggrin: and comfy :biggrin:

its 30th October! hoping its nice so photos on Plymouth Hoe will look amazing :smile:

Haha double or even bigger? haha.

And that will be good! Only been down to Plymouth once and just went to the shopping bit which wasn't that nice tbh! The train journey going past Dawlish was amazing though.

It might not necessarily involve fire even if you do end up doing practical? Or is there any way you could just not do it even if the rest of the class are? From memory with the science ISAs there was some way of doing the paper even if you didn't do the practical part, or you could ask the teacher if you could do one that doesn't involve fire as there's normally a choice...

the thing is 25% of my grade, and it goes all round this pracitcal. its impossible for me not to do it.
Original post by Team_McDreamy
i can imagine it would be! i've never gone shopping and not remembered it, but i have definitely had crazy impulsive shopping urges that would not go away so i can kind of relate to how uncontrollable it can get :redface:

ups and downs - currently more downs than ups but ahhh well. it's like i'll be averaging ok throughout the day, just plodding along through life and then within like 30 seconds everything plummets again, and i'm back to how i was this time last year :frown:

I know how you feel. Try to remember that treating your body well should help even if slightly, regular meals , light exercise ect :smile: xx
At least you're not just stuck with it all then and you'll get your money back :redface: Is there any way you could put a spending limit on your card or something per day? :dontknow:

That's a good idea i'll look into that - thanks :smile:
Original post by guitaristemily
the thing is 25% of my grade, and it goes all round this pracitcal. its impossible for me not to do it.

There are usually several different practicals you can do though, so if you explain to your teacher they might be able to pick the one that's best for you. I'm sure I also remember a section on the front of the paper for the teacher to fill in if the student didn't actually do the practical, and GCSE practicals are normally done in groups anyway aren't there? So you shouldn't have to be too actively involved in the part you don't like.

Original post by Cinnie
That's a good idea i'll look into that - thanks :smile:

No idea if it's actually a thing, but yeah- good luck! :smile:

Latest