The Student Room Group

Bullying Feminists Is Not The Answer

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tanyapotter
i feel sorry that there's a trend for women against feminism and hope that they will eventually change their mind.

you're comparing male feminists to people supporting nazis? do you realise how ridiculous and entitled you sound?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The principle is the same. You're missing the point really. People will support anything if they're told it's a good cause (untruthfully).

I hope that more people do their research about the feminist movement before choosing to support it.
Original post by ChickenMadness
The principle is the same. You're missing the point really. People will support anything if they're told it's a good cause (untruthfully).

I hope that more people do their research about the feminist movement before choosing to support it.

developing an aryan race through the killing and prosecution of people who are not blonde-haired/blue-eyed =/= bringing gender equality to men and women, especially in underdeveloped countries.

you think male feminists are deluded and i think you're deluded. all you believe is that all feminists are extreme man-haters who want them dead and want a matriarchy. i believe that you need to get a grip. don't make me whip out the algorithm bruh

Posted from TSR Mobile
developing an aryan race through the killing and prosecution of people who are not blonde-haired/blue-eyed =/= bringing gender equality to men and women, especially in underdeveloped countries.

you think male feminists are deluded and i think you're deluded. all you believe is that all feminists are extreme man-haters who want them dead and want a matriarchy. i believe that you need to get a grip. don't make me whip out the algorithm bruh

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think your moral compass is completely off. I don't actually care about persuading you to my point of view. I just hope that the people who read this thread will do their own research into feminism.

The origins of feminist campaigns like #bringbackourgirls. In a country where boys are kidnapped in equal amounts to girls. There is no discrimination. All children are kidnapped and killed or turned into child soldiers. But feminists say that only the girls are allowed to live.
#yesallwomen. Extremely insulting to the families of the male victims of this shooting. Why do feminists insult these families by telling them their sons/brothers/male friends, lives are worthless and not worthy of a campaign to prevent violence against them?

Feminists take these issues and pretend they don't happen to men. They use media propaganda/smear tactics/anything to silence anyone who opposes them and points out that these problems are not only faced by women.
- Rape
- Violent crime
- Constant manipulation of statistics involving employment
- The #yesallwomen campaign was in response to a shooting where more men were killed than women. But with their propaganda they made it look as though no men died.
- The #bringbackourgirls was in response to schoolgirls being kidnapped, when in the same country boys are routinely kidnapped and either killed or turned into child soldiers.
- Feminists like to manipulate information to reinforce the idea that women are victims and men are not.
- Male suicide rates are MUCH higher than female suicide rates (bit of a clue as to who may have more pressing problems?) however this issue is swept under the rug by feminism.

Also depending on whether it's USA or UK:
-US campuses now have this guilty until proven innocent policy for rape accusations and they can do whatever they want without involving the police
-US policy of mandatory arrest on males in response to domestic abuse calls (even if it's a man making the call and getting abused)
-UK and USA, extremely biased laws surrounding sex, mothers/fathers. Fathers have much less rights.

I find you to be an extremely immoral person. You're too biased to see a problem with any of the things I've mentioned. Hopefully other people can.
I think your moral compass is completely off. I don't actually care about persuading you to my point of view. I just hope that the people who read this thread will do their own research into feminism.

The origins of feminist campaigns like #bringbackourgirls. In a country where boys are kidnapped in equal amounts to girls. There is no discrimination. All children are kidnapped and killed or turned into child soldiers. But feminists say that only the girls are allowed to live.
#yesallwomen. Extremely insulting to the families of the male victims of this shooting. Why do feminists insult these families by telling them their sons/brothers/male friends, lives are worthless and not worthy of a campaign to prevent violence against them?

I find you to be an extremely immoral person. You're too biased to see a problem with any of the things I've mentioned. Hopefully other people can.

so basically you want more campaigns to prevent violence against men? that's perfectly reasonable and by no means shouldn't happen, but that doesn't negate the work done to protect little girls from kidnap and rape. anything that helps even one living person is an investment in society and i don't think you seem to understand that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The problem with the argument that "feminism is actually about equal rights for men and women" is that, most of the time they start off by saying that all they want is equal rights. But then when they continue into more detail, one realises that what they actually want is often equality of outcome, which is quite different. The simple fact is, you can't have that, because men and women are not, and never will be exactly the same. Putting them in equal conditions will always result in an unequal outcome.

Look at Emma Watson's speech for example. One of the things she mentions, as though it's a real problem that needs solving, is this:
"At 15, my girlfriends didn’t want to join sports teams because they didn’t want to appear masculine. At 18, my male friends were unable to express their feelings."

But this has nothing to do with equal rights. It's not illegal for girls to play sports, nor is it illegal for boys to express their feelings. They both have completely equal rights in this regard. But according to Emma's statement, girls are less likely to want to play sports, and boys are less likely to want to express emotions, or hear about other people's emotions. Why is that a problem? The innate differences between the genders have to come into play somewhere.

When each gender tends to want something different for themselves, what is the point in trying to force an equality of outcome here? If you're claiming to be giving them equal rights, then let them decide whether or not to exercise those rights as they see fit.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by tazarooni89
The problem with the argument that "feminism is actually about equal rights for men and women" is that, most of the time they start off by saying that all they want is equal rights. But then when they continue into more detail, one realises that what they actually want is often equality of outcome, which is quite different. The simple fact is, you can't have that, because men and women are not, and never will be exactly the same. Putting them in equal conditions will always result in an unequal outcome.

Look at Emma Watson's speech for example. One of the things she mentions, as though it's a real problem that needs solving, is this:
"At 15, my girlfriends didn’t want to join sports teams because they didn’t want to appear masculine. At 18, my male friends were unable to express their feelings."

But this has nothing to do with equal rights. It's not illegal for girls to play sports, nor is it illegal for boys to express their feelings. They both have completely equal rights in this regard. But according to Emma's statement, girls are less likely to want to play sports, and boys are less likely to want to express emotions, or hear about other people's emotions.

When each gender tends to want something different for themselves, what is the point in trying to force an equality of outcome here? If you're giving them equal rights, then let them decide whether or not to exercise those rights as they see fit.

it's called eradicating the enforcement of gender roles and, as emma said, letting men and women both be more real, strong and complete, without one gender or the other feeling weak.

Posted from TSR Mobile
exposing her would be a befitting act against a feminist. feminists are bigoted and sinister so if things like this happen then it is well deserved.

feminists should be exposed to their bigoted and sinister agenda which degrades the foundations of a strong healthy functioning society. They make so much lies and false narrative for this. They want people to be ignorant so that they can then manipulate information and make people believe in the lies of their sinister agenda.
(edited 9 years ago)
it's called eradicating the enforcement of gender roles

In the example in question, there is no enforcement of gender roles. Who's forcing girls not to play sport? Nobody. If a girl wants to, then she can, it's not a crime.

But they don't want to do it, as much as men do. And that's not a problem that needs to be fixed, that's just up to them. As long as nobody is unduly prevented from doing what they like, then it's fine just as it is.

and, as emma said, letting men and women both be more real, strong and complete, without one gender or the other feeling weak.

My English teacher would have described this paragraph as "all waffle, no substance".
(edited 9 years ago)
so basically you want more campaigns to prevent violence against men? that's perfectly reasonable and by no means shouldn't happen, but that doesn't negate the work done to protect little girls from kidnap and rape. anything that helps even one living person is an investment in society and i don't think you seem to understand that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I want feminists to stop sending death threats to people who speak about male issues and point out their misandry.I want feminists to stop picketing conferences about male issues.
I want the campaigns to be gender neutral instead of pretending the problem only affects one gender and pretending that men are the criminals in every single act.
I want #yesallpeople #bringbackourchildren Instead of #yesallwomen #bringbackourgirls
I want human issues to be treated as human issues and not women's issues.
I want feminists to stop creating a gender war and pitting men against women.

I don't think you understand the extent that feminists go to to silence people speaking out about so called 'feminist issues' affecting men and boys as well. This already 6 page forum thread is even evidence of that.

Do you honestly not see anything wrong with this?

A boy and girl are standing next to each other. Both of them are beaten to death. There is outrage across the world that a girl was killed. There is full media coverage of the girl. Everyone in the western world knows about the girl's death. David Cameron and Borack Obama even talk about it on the news.
No one knows about the boy's death. There are no news stories and no one cares. To even suggest that there may have been a boy there is seen as misogynistic.

Ye this is why I hate feminism. Because that actually happened. #yesallwomen. #bringbackourgirls.
(edited 9 years ago)
I want feminists to stop sending death threats to people who speak about male issues and point out their misandry.I want feminists to stop picketing conferences about male issues.
I want the campaigns to be gender neutral instead of pretending the problem only affects one gender and pretending that men are the criminals in every single act.
I want #yesallpeople #bringbackourchildren Instead of #yesallwomen #bringbackourgirls
I want human issues to be treated as human issues and not women's issues.
I want feminists to stop creating a gender war and pitting men against women.

I don't think you understand the extent that feminists go to to silence people speaking out about so called 'feminist issues' affecting men and boys as well. This already 6 page forum thread is even evidence of that.

Do you honestly not see anything wrong with this?

A boy and girl are standing next to each other. Both of them are beaten to death. There is outrage across the world that a girl was killed. There is full media coverage of the girl. Everyone in the western world knows about the girl's death. David Cameron and Borack Obama even talk about it on the news.
No one knows about the boy's death. There are no news stories and no one cares. To even suggest that there may have been a boy there is seen as misogynistic.

Ye this is why I hate feminism. Because that actually happened. #yesallwomen. #bringbackourgirls.

this was just a long-winded way of saying boohoo men aren't getting all the attention for once and i feel personally victimised. admit that you don't care about women's rights.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's the perfect answer. Nobody really takes them seriously now. By engaging in dialogue you're acting like they're a credible opposition.
this was just a long-winded way of saying boohoo men aren't getting all the attention for once and i feel personally victimised. admit that you don't care about women's rights.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So basically what you're saying is. If 2 children were in danger. You'd make sure you knew their gender first so you could help the girl and leave the boy.

Lol at your feminist logic. Truly insane prejudiced sexist and immoral. This is why people don't take feminists seriously. You have such a trollish man hating attitude.

Original post by Genocidal
It's the perfect answer. Nobody really takes them seriously now. By engaging in dialogue you're acting like they're a credible opposition.

True. I'm going to stop posting.
(edited 9 years ago)
So basically what you're saying is. If 2 children were in danger. You'd make sure you knew their gender first so you could help the girl and leave the boy.

Lol at your feminist logic. Truly insane prejudiced sexist and immoral. This is why people don't take feminists seriously. You have such a trollish man hating attitude.

i would not be sure i knew their gender first and i would not leave the boy lol where the heck are you getting this emotional crap from?

feminism is insane, prejudiced, sexist and immoral? don't throw all this pathos out and expect it will hide the fact that you're yourself sexist and just pissed off at the world because of your PERSONAL experiences with feminism. you're embarrassing and pathetic.

Posted from TSR Mobile

all i read in this post was "i know i'm wrong so i'm going to stop posting in the hope that i save myself some embarrassment".

Posted from TSR Mobile

True. I'm going to stop posting.

No, no, you keep posting. Treat it for what it is. Mock it to hell. It worked with the nationalists. The BNP and the EDL received the same treatment and pretty much everyone now sees their causes as a mockery. What they say no longer matters. They're a laughing stock simply by existing. That's what we're taking feminism too.
i would not be sure i knew their gender first and i would not leave the boy lol where the heck are you getting this emotional crap from?

feminism is insane, prejudiced, sexist and immoral? don't throw all this pathos out and expect it will hide the fact that you're yourself sexist and just pissed off at the world because of your PERSONAL experiences with feminism. you're embarrassing and pathetic.

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol it's not a personal experience. It's an objective view of the actions of the entire movement. I haven't personally been kidnapped and turned into a child soldier or beaten to death :rofl:

When I look at history, political groups, religious groups. And their actions. I look at them from an objective standpoint and I ask myself if they're right or wrong.

My conclusions of you are quite fair considering you see absolutely no problem with a boy and a girl being beaten to death and not caring about the boy. You see nothing wrong with treating one group better than another.
all i read in this post was "i know i'm wrong so i'm going to stop posting in the hope that i save myself some embarrassment".

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, you can't argue with someone who already holds deep and passionate beliefs. It's why I don't engage in debates over religion. The practice is pointless because you'll never convince someone to change their ways on such an issue. The only other option is to disregard them. Make the issue a laughing stock and they lose their credibility. Feminism today is largely a joke and has little traction amongst the average person.
lol it's not a personal experience. It's an objective view of the actions of the entire movement. I haven't personally been kidnapped and turned into a child soldier.

When I look at history, political groups, religious groups. And their actions. I look at them from an objective standpoint and I ask myself if they're right or wrong.

My conclusions of you are quite fair considering you see absolutely no problem with a boy and a girl being beaten to death and not caring about the boy.

it's not an objective view. are you sure you know what the word objective is?

i could just as easily copy and paste an emotive story about a girl and boy in india who eloped to get married, and when their family found out, the girl's face was scalded with boiling water and she was beaten, raped and sold into another arranged marriage while the boy was forgiven for his mistake and not shunned by the society (this actually happened in the village i was from called jhumritilayia in the state of bihar).

but i would never assume you'd support the mistreatment of the girl just because you don't support feminism. yet you do this for me and think i want little boys to die. seriously dude, what the **** is wrong with you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, you can't argue with someone who already holds deep and passionate beliefs. It's why I don't engage in debates over religion. The practice is pointless because you'll never convince someone to change their ways on such an issue. The only other option is to disregard them. Make the issue a laughing stock and they lose their credibility. Feminism today is largely a joke and has little traction amongst the average person.

it is largely a joke on the internet where entitled people on places like TSR, reddit etc come online to complain about their lives and shun anything that doesn't directly support them. and that i don't mind, because it's a dark spot in society that is disregarded quite easily. the real change happens because of campaigns like emma's, and work done by the UN.

there are no campaigns in the real world that actively and SUCCESSFULLY (and with popularity) oppose feminism. and there's a reason why you only ever see feminist-haters on internet forums or odd statuses on facebook: THEY'RE the laughing stock. so you're wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
it's not an objective view. are you sure you know what the word objective is?

i could just as easily copy and paste an emotive story about a girl and boy in india who eloped to get married, and when their family found out, the girl's face was scalded with boiling water and she was beaten, raped and sold into another arranged marriage while the boy was forgiven for his mistake and not shunned by the society (this actually happened in the village i was from called jhumritilayia in the state of bihar).

but i would never assume you'd support the mistreatment of the girl just because you don't support feminism. yet you do this for me and think i want little boys to die. seriously dude, what the **** is wrong with you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lets make this very simple for you as you seem to not grasp the situation

For the first example I will use 2 girls as if it were a boy and a girl you probably wouldn't be able to grasp why the boy should be treated equally.

There is a teacher with 1 cookie and two students, 2 girls. Now the teacher gives only 1 girl a cookie. You would agree this is unfair, yes? Well the fair thing to do would be to split the cookie in 2 so that both girls get an equal share.

Now apply this to two groups of schoolgirls being kidnapped. It would not be fair if only one group got news coverage and government intervention. It would be fair if both groups were given equal coverage and equal help.

Now replace 1 girl, and 1 set of schoolchildren with boys. What's the difference? Why do you discriminate against htem for their gender? I don't see how you think it is fair or a laughing matter to just ignore a certain group of people getting slaughtered.

If it were a group of schoolgirls being slaughtered you'd support them getting help wouldn't you? But you don't if they're male for some reason. The only conclusion I can draw is that you have some sort of deep hatred for men.

Quick Reply

Latest