The Student Room Group

Bullying Feminists Is Not The Answer

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tanyapotter
it's not an objective view. are you sure you know what the word objective is?

i could just as easily copy and paste an emotive story about a girl and boy in india who eloped to get married, and when their family found out, the girl's face was scalded with boiling water and she was beaten, raped and sold into another arranged marriage while the boy was forgiven for his mistake and not shunned by the society (this actually happened in the village i was from called jhumritilayia in the state of bihar).

but i would never assume you'd support the mistreatment of the girl just because you don't support feminism. yet you do this for me and think i want little boys to die. seriously dude, what the **** is wrong with you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you heard Emma Watson's speech you'l have noticed that she was complaining about how feminism is seen as a negative word today. That's because of all the negative things feminism does. Most people dislike feminists because of this. Thats why Emma made that speech. Feminism is unpopular and rightly so.
Original post by ChickenMadness
Lets make this very simple for you as you seem to not grasp the situation

For the first example I will use 2 girls as if it were a boy and a girl you probably wouldn't be able to grasp why the boy should be treated equally.

There is a teacher with 1 cookie and two students, 2 girls. Now the teacher gives only 1 girl a cookie. You would agree this is unfair, yes? Well the fair thing to do would be to split the cookie in 2 so that both girls get an equal share.

Now apply this to two groups of schoolgirls being kidnapped. It would not be fair if only one group got news coverage and government intervention. It would be fair if both groups were given equal coverage and equal help.

Now replace 1 girl, and 1 set of schoolchildren with boys. What's the difference? Why do you discriminate against htem for their gender? I don't see how you think it is fair or a laughing matter to just ignore a certain group of people getting slaughtered.

If it were a group of schoolgirls being slaughtered you'd support them getting help wouldn't you? But you don't if they're male for some reason. The only conclusion I can draw is that you have some sort of deep hatred for men.

when did i say i wouldn't support male schoolchildren getting help? when did i actually say that? when? tell me when i said this. unless i explicitly typed this out, how are you coming to this extreme conclusion? who is the extremist now, huh?

i'm understanding now why you must resort to internet forums to argue these weak, biased and frankly embarrassing points. no one would take you seriously in real life. a deep hatred for men? half my friends are boys, i have a father, cousins, uncles, male celebrities and singers whom i indefinitely admire? so no, your "conclusion" is wrong. but that isn't exactly a shocker, is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you heard Emma Watson's speech you'l have noticed that she was complaining about how feminism is seen as a negative word today. That's because of all the negative things feminism does. Most people dislike feminists because of this. Thats why Emma made that speech. Feminism is unpopular and rightly so.

misandry is unpopular and rightly so. man-hating is a sign of a false superiority complex, weakness, laziness, probable sexual frustration, double standards, self entitlement, unaccounted privilege, whining, moaning and an inherent inability to be objective and reasonable - and above all, sexist.

feminism is unpopular and wrongly so, hence the campaign #HeForShe. but if this was an argument of definitions, i'd just direct you to an online dictionary with every post (which you're welcome to do; you need it).

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
when did i say i wouldn't support male schoolchildren getting help? when did i actually say that? when? tell me when i said this. unless i explicitly typed this out, how are you coming to this extreme conclusion? who is the extremist now, huh?

i'm understanding now why you must resort to internet forums to argue these weak, biased and frankly embarrassing points. no one would take you seriously in real life. a deep hatred for men? half my friends are boys, i have a father, cousins, uncles, male celebrities and singers whom i indefinitely admire? so no, your "conclusion" is wrong. but that isn't exactly a shocker, is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Almost as shocking as your earlier conclusion "you have no idea what discrimination is" :laugh:

And I don't just resort to internet forums to argue against feminism. Anyone in real life who brings up the topic will know my standpoint. But you're here aren't you? :smile: And that's why I'm here talking against you.

Anyway you're constantly trivializing the points I made about men and women not being treated equally and brushing them off as not important. You said

this was just a long-winded way of saying boohoo men aren't getting all the attention for once and i feel personally victimised. admit that you don't care about women's rights.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Making a joke of the deaths of thousands of boys. And the fact they get no media coverage as opposed to world wide media coverage of girls in the same area.

This is a very common feminist response 'boohoo I'm a man. I'm crying. Man up.' Thats why you're not taken seriously.
misandry is unpopular and rightly so. man-hating is a sign of a false superiority complex, weakness, laziness, probable sexual frustration, double standards, self entitlement, unaccounted privilege, whining, moaning and an inherent inability to be objective and reasonable - and above all, sexist.

feminism is unpopular and wrongly so, hence the campaign #HeForShe. but if this was an argument of definitions, i'd just direct you to an online dictionary with every post (which you're welcome to do; you need it).

Posted from TSR Mobile

And if it was an argument of definitions you would have no argument to stand on.

Feminism
the advocacy of women's rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes.

Egalitarian
believing in or based on the principle that all people are equal and deserve equal rights and opportunities.

a person who advocates or supports the principle of equality for all people

Anyway your posts are getting increasingly boring and childish and I can't be bothered to carry on replying. I've already made enough posts highlighting the sexism in the feminist movement (while you've made none to challenge them) and hopefully people will see and start doing some research into it before believing false feminist propaganda.
(edited 9 years ago)
comments like these are why men need feminism as much as women.

Posted from TSR Mobile

it is largely a joke on the internet where entitled people on places like TSR, reddit etc come online to complain about their lives and shun anything that doesn't directly support them. and that i don't mind, because it's a dark spot in society that is disregarded quite easily. the real change happens because of campaigns like emma's, and work done by the UN.

there are no campaigns in the real world that actively and SUCCESSFULLY (and with popularity) oppose feminism. and there's a reason why you only ever see feminist-haters on internet forums or odd statuses on facebook: THEY'RE the laughing stock. so you're wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, there's no campaign, but it's general apathy. The average person on the street couldn't give two ****s about their cause.

The UN is largely irrelevant. People like Emma Watson are there as an image and nothing else. They're doing it for the cameras. What happens in the spotlight of TV is meaningless. It's the people on the street who matter. Feminism is not a big issue in society. People are interested in themselves and nothing more.

And believe it or not the Internet may be a dark spot, but it does show what people really think. When there are no consequences people say what they really think.

The world continues to be an extremely sexist place in many ways, but the only ones that gain any real attention are those with genuine causes for concern not the entitled Westerners. Maybe the likes of Saudi Arabia and the plight of women in the third-world gain attention, but not the mewling of first worlders.

Don't bother replying because the chances are I won't respond again. I'm apathetic now.
And if it was an argument of definitions you would have no argument to stand on.

Feminism

Egalitarian
believing in or based on the principle that all people are equal and deserve equal rights and opportunities.

now i'm beginning to think you don't understand english?! the advocacy of women's rights is not synonymous to the ignorance of men's rights..??? and especially with "on the grounds of the equality of the sexes" so really, you don't have an argument to .. stand on? (not a real phrase. again, brush up on your english. i'm not even a native speaker and i can communicate better than you).

egalitarianism is great and i support it. what i don't support is (get ready for another amazing dictionary definition...)

misandry:
Dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against men (i.e. the male sex).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Feminism

Egalitarian

Anyway your posts are getting increasingly boring and childish and I can't be bothered to carry on replying. I've already made enough posts highlighting the sexism in the feminist movement (while you've made none to challenge them) and hopefully people will see and start doing some research into it before believing false feminist propaganda.

i'm glad i've bored you enough to make you want to stop replying because you have no argument.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sherlockfan
Thats like saying why back people? Why not white people too? :rolleyes: because that would be ignoring fundamental issues, the fact that some groups experience more disadvantage than others.
Anyway it wasn't directed at you, just for those who want to help.

Feminists consistently defend the movement from criticism by saying that it helps both men and women.

Feminism cannot both be an equality movement and a movement to selectively advance the rights of women.
I want feminists to stop sending death threats to people who speak about male issues and point out their misandry.I want feminists to stop picketing conferences about male issues.
I want the campaigns to be gender neutral instead of pretending the problem only affects one gender and pretending that men are the criminals in every single act.
I want #yesallpeople #bringbackourchildren Instead of #yesallwomen #bringbackourgirls
I want human issues to be treated as human issues and not women's issues.
I want feminists to stop creating a gender war and pitting men against women.

I don't think you understand the extent that feminists go to to silence people speaking out about so called 'feminist issues' affecting men and boys as well. This already 6 page forum thread is even evidence of that.

Do you honestly not see anything wrong with this?

A boy and girl are standing next to each other. Both of them are beaten to death. There is outrage across the world that a girl was killed. There is full media coverage of the girl. Everyone in the western world knows about the girl's death. David Cameron and Borack Obama even talk about it on the news.
No one knows about the boy's death. There are no news stories and no one cares. To even suggest that there may have been a boy there is seen as misogynistic.

Ye this is why I hate feminism. Because that actually happened. #yesallwomen. #bringbackourgirls.

What about the women who get threats for speaking out against gender inequality? or are you ignoring that?there was a woman that got rape threats on twitter, for suggesting that the face on the five pound note should be changed.
Original post by Genocidal
No, there's no campaign, but it's general apathy. The average person on the street couldn't give two ****s about their cause.

The UN is largely irrelevant. People like Emma Watson are there as an image and nothing else. They're doing it for the cameras. What happens in the spotlight of TV is meaningless. It's the people on the street who matter. Feminism is not a big issue in society. People are interested in themselves and nothing more.

And believe it or not the Internet may be a dark spot, but it does show what people really think. When there are no consequences people say what they really think.

The world continues to be an extremely sexist place in many ways, but the only ones that gain any real attention are those with genuine causes for concern not the entitled Westerners. Maybe the likes of Saudi Arabia and the plight of women in the third-world gain attention, but not the mewling of first worlders.

Don't bother replying because the chances are I won't respond again. I'm apathetic now.

believe me when i say i know the plight of women in the third world. i'm not an entitled white girl who's campaigning for feminism because i want more girls to play football.

real campaigns do gain genuine support, just as this HeForShe one has done and will continue to do so despite the minor setbacks of sweaty teenagers on the internet, i'm afraid.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TurboCretin
Feminists consistently defend the movement from criticism by saying that it helps both men and women.

Feminism cannot both be an equality movement and a movement to selectively advance the rights of women.

it definitely can be both if the rights of women are not the same as those of men to begin with. basic maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes it can be, if they seek to advance womens rights to the same level as those of men, but not above.
it definitely can be both if the rights of women are not the same as those of men to begin with. basic maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This would be true if gender equality were like a weighing scale. In reality, there are many, many issues at play - your characterisation of the matter doesn't do it justice, in my opinion.

You cannot achieve gender equality simply by deciding which gender, in aggregate, has greater disadvantage in society, and treating only the problems which affect that gender.
Yes it can be, if they seek to advance womens rights to the same level as those of men, but not above.

See above. You are both, I think, viewing gender equality in simplistic terms.
This would be true if gender equality were like a weighing scale. In reality, there are many, many issues at play - your characterisation of the matter doesn't do it justice, in my opinion.

You cannot achieve gender equality simply by deciding which gender, in aggregate, has greater disadvantage in society, and treating only the problems which affect that gender.

are you proposing we ignore which gender in aggregate has the greater disadvantage in society? where would that lead us, exactly?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I completely agree with you. Which is why feminism has adjusted in recent times to include issues affecting men.
(edited 9 years ago)
I completely agree with you. Which is why feminism has adjusted in recent times to include issues affecting men.

So you're saying that feminism does stand for men and boys as well as women and girls? You seemed to be denying that previously, or suggesting that that would not make sense. Perhaps I misinterpreted.

are you proposing we ignore which gender in aggregate has the greater disadvantage in society? where would that lead us, exactly?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Er, no, I'm not suggesting that. I'm saying that you cannot solely look at that.
(edited 9 years ago)
So you're saying that feminism does stand for men and boys as well as women and girls? You seemed previously to be denying that previously, or suggesting that that would not make sense.

Er, no, I'm not suggesting that. I'm saying that you cannot solely look at that.

Yes I am. But at the same time we have to recognise that women are still the most disadvantaged in the Western as well as the developing world, and women issues shouldn't become taboo or obsolete.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending