The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by furryface12
There are usually several different practicals you can do though, so if you explain to your teacher they might be able to pick the one that's best for you. I'm sure I also remember a section on the front of the paper for the teacher to fill in if the student didn't actually do the practical, and GCSE practicals are normally done in groups anyway aren't there? So you shouldn't have to be too actively involved in the part you don't like.

its a controlled assmesnt, so i cant get out of it. and i dont think there is more than one for this one. ugh. im scared.
Original post by IDukem
Good ol' freebies! :teehee: I'm seeing society shenanigans tomozzle :biggrin:

im tempted to go to Bath uni freshers fair on friday for freebies :colone: haha

Yay! And good :smile: Hopefully guides will be good! I'm meant to start back tomorrow and I need to decide what to do as need to let the leader know and I still haven't done it :s-smilie:

yeah, should be good, but the room is always roasting, and i constantly sweat like a pig and it makes me even more anxious!
you can do it, i promise :yep:
i need to get a wiggle on with my queens guide, though i did do some planning for meetings after half term the other day, just waiting on my brother or his girlfriend to get back to me about it :smile:

Original post by WelshBluebird
Haha double or even bigger? haha.

And that will be good! Only been down to Plymouth once and just went to the shopping bit which wasn't that nice tbh! The train journey going past Dawlish was amazing though.

bigger :colone: its a king size bed :biggrin: so its iwder than the matress we have, but slightly shorter, as the boyf is 6'8" so we had a 7foot bed, but well just put some boxes at the end or something.

shopping in plymouth is bloody awful! Drake Circus is the only half decent place there. but my graduation os just down from the hoe which looks our right over the sound (part of the sea) thats my favorite part of the uk is that section of the train line, i ALWAYS take photos as its amazing. its also my fave part of Devon hands down :smile:
Original post by Cinnie
I know how you feel. Try to remember that treating your body well should help even if slightly, regular meals , light exercise ect :smile: xx

yeah, i know what you mean :smile: it's just really hard to treat my body nicely when it's my body that's upsetting me the most
Original post by PandaWho
im more excited about the bed than i am about graduation!
so ****ing excited!

Oh, you gor a bed! Finally! I am very happy for you! Just imagine how awesome graduation is after a night in a proper bed. Although your poor boyfriend, being too short for the bed.

Original post by guitaristemily
its a controlled assmesnt, so i cant get out of it. and i dont think there is more than one for this one. ugh. im scared.

I am sure you can explain, that you are scared for that particular step and when you show, that you can do the other parts, then I am pretty sure, they will find a solution.
Original post by guitaristemily
J
Just ask and they might be able to sort something out- if you don't ask they definitely won't :tongue:

yeah, should be good, but the room is always roasting, and i constantly sweat like a pig and it makes me even more anxious!
you can do it, i promise :yep:
i need to get a wiggle on with my queens guide, though i did do some planning for meetings after half term the other day, just waiting on my brother or his girlfriend to get back to me about it :smile:

Ah not good then :redface: But I'll be on my own and it's kind of awkward/scary :s-smilie: Ooh, I meant to PM you about that... Will do it in a sec :smile:
Original post by Team_McDreamy
yeah, i know what you mean :smile: it's just really hard to treat my body nicely when it's my body that's upsetting me the most

I know hun. Remember your body is just the vessel you need to keep your life going - you need to treat it well. It's not a place to take out your emotional struggles. Trust me I know it's hard :frown: xxx
Ah not good then :redface: But I'll be on my own and it's kind of awkward/scary :s-smilie: Ooh, I meant to PM you about that... Will do it in a sec :smile:

theres so much support through girlguiding, i promise, if your not happy with that unit, go to another. will be a shame to lose you!
ok, happy to help if i can :smile:

Original post by Nathanielle
Oh, you gor a bed! Finally! I am very happy for you! Just imagine how awesome graduation is after a night in a proper bed. Although your poor boyfriend, being too short for the bed.

im so excited for a bed! haha hopefully get such a good nights sleep that first night, though knowing my luck ill fall out of bed :wink:
haha hes used to it :wink:

I won't be at la Spa on friday :mmm: You should, you may be running out of pens :giggle:
Original post by Cinnie
I know hun. Remember your body is just the vessel you need to keep your life going - you need to treat it well. It's not a place to take out your emotional struggles. Trust me I know it's hard :frown: xxx

thats true, hard to put those words into action though :frown:

Spoiler

Ok so I am now being stupid and getting nervous on going out with a friend and her friends (I know about 2 others who are going too). Why the hell? I will enjoy it, so why am I nervous? Think its more the fact we are going to my friends house first, but I wish I wasn't so silly when it comes to things like this.
Original post by IDukem
I won't be at la Spa on friday :mmm: You should, you may be running out of pens :giggle:

Spas an effort to get to though :tongue: Rory's at the Uni freshers fair on friday, so i can go and get lots of free stuff!
hahaha i rarely get pens!
last fair i went to i got loads of spoons vouchers that lasted us ages! socks, flip flops, fredge magnets haha
theres so much support through girlguiding, i promise, if your not happy with that unit, go to another. will be a shame to lose you!
ok, happy to help if i can :smile:

Arggh don't know why I'm getting in such a mess about it- I hate decisions :frown: Don't it now :redface:

bigger :colone: its a king size bed :biggrin: so its iwder than the matress we have, but slightly shorter, as the boyf is 6'8" so we had a 7foot bed, but well just put some boxes at the end or something.

shopping in plymouth is bloody awful! Drake Circus is the only half decent place there. but my graduation os just down from the hoe which looks our right over the sound (part of the sea) thats my favorite part of the uk is that section of the train line, i ALWAYS take photos as its amazing. its also my fave part of Devon hands down :smile:

I can't even remember what freebies I picked up when I was there haha

And ahhhhhh. Lovely large bed! Not that I can sympathise with the problem of needing a large bed, with me only being 5 foot 4 haha.

Even that didn't seem that great haha! But I'm not going to judge the whole city on just the small bit I saw. And yep it is so nice! Don't think I can say its my fave bit of devon though. North Devon is pretty amazing. Even though I hate my ex from there, I still have nice memories of the place. And I'm going to visit a friend who lives there in a couple of weeks so that will be nice (probably will pull back some memories I'd rather forget too, but meh).
Original post by WelshBluebird
:frown: :hugs:
You aren't invisible to us.

:hugs:

I think a lot of the time I am. Its not fair on everybody else unless I stay away. I'm not saying that to be melodramatic. But I always leave people not knowing what to say, so they tend to say nothing which I think is damaging to both parties. :sadnod:
(edited 9 years ago)
urgh god. cannot cope tonight. ifhihsrfbhbcseunbhfbyhfbseuhfbserhb everything is so wrong
think I need to get out. cant take this. want to go and ierhifneuif ughh
Original post by Team_McDreamy
thats true, hard to put those words into action though :frown:

Spoiler

It's hard to talk to friends about mental health:frown:
Original post by Nathanielle

I am sure you can explain, that you are scared for that particular step and when you show, that you can do the other parts, then I am pretty sure, they will find a solution.

J
Just ask and they might be able to sort something out- if you don't ask they definitely won't :tongue:

i have to do the practcail becuase of part of my coursework :frown:
Nights are becoming unbearable recently
Anyone whos got BPD, or anyone at all can you help me?

I'm looking at symptoms for BPD and one of them says "switching between idealization and devalutation of others/splitting"

What does this mean?

Latest