The Student Room Group

GIRLS NEED TO JUST APPROACH GUYS... all problems solved?

Scroll to see replies

If you want to demand the old-fashioned man approaches every time, don't complain when you get the old-fashioned "women belong in the kitchen".
Original post by cole-slaw
well most people who meet someone they're incredibly attracted to just have rampant sex continuously because that's what humans do.

But for the sake of argument, lets pretend you're not into that, then you must have something else in common for you to be interested in this person. So just do that. angling, stamp collecting, s&M,whatever.

What the ****.
So are you saying if I am interested in a person to do an activity with them that we both have in common for example fishing?

...Pretty sure that's what a date is. An activity or meeting with a person you are interested in.
Original post by SophieSmall
What the ****.
So are you saying if I am interested in a person to do an activity with them that we both have in common for example fishing?

...Pretty sure that's what a date is. An activity or meeting with a person you are interested in.

So when I play squash with my mate Bob we're on a date? **** me I never suspected I was gay, but now I know.
So when I play squash with my mate Bob we're on a date? **** me I never suspected I was gay, but now I know.

Is there a reason you're being so passive aggressive to me over something so damn stupid?

And I clearly said "with someone you are interested in" which was obvious meant in a romantic way.
Is there a reason you're being so passive aggressive to me over something so damn stupid?

And I clearly said "with someone you are interested in" which was obvious meant in a romantic way.

I'm not being passive aggressive at all, I'm being extremely friendly and courteous.

I don't know anyone who goes on dates anymore. Its so incredibly formal and awkward. I don't think anyone has since the 1960s
I'm not being passive aggressive at all, I'm being extremely friendly and courteous.

I don't know anyone who goes on dates anymore. Its so incredibly formal and awkward. I don't think anyone has since the 1960s

I know plenty of people who go on dates, although they may not be asked " would you like to go on a jolly spiffing date?" it's usually along the lines of "would you like to get a drink with me?" or something like that. But it's still a date.
I know plenty of people who go on dates, although they may not be asked " would you like to go on a jolly spiffing date?" it's usually along the lines of "would you like to get a drink with me?" or something like that. But it's still a date.

No its not. A drink is a drink, a date is a date. I go for drinks with my mates, I do not go on dates. dates are explicitly romantic. drinks are not.

and when I met my missus, we went for drinks a few times. and no, they were definitely not dates. If someone had said "are you two on a date?", we would have both said "no".
No its not. A drink is a drink, a date is a date. I go for drinks with my mates, I do not go on dates. dates are explicitly romantic. drinks are not.

and when I met my missus, we went for drinks a few times. and no, they were definitely not dates. If someone had said "are you two on a date?", we would have both said "no".

For god sakes, if you invite or are invited to drinks by someone you are romantically interested in to drinks (no other person, only someone romantically interested in) it is a date, clearly not if you go with friends or family or someone you are already in a committed relationship with. Are you being purposely obtuse by continuously bringing up going out with your FRIENDS which you know full well is completely different but bring it up anyway likely to be as annoying as possible.

Well that's all very well and good for you and your missus, I would have said yes it is a date, if I thought it was a date or was told it was a date. I acknowledge though that not all relationships start within dating , 1 of mine didn't
For god sakes, if you invite or are invited to drinks by someone you are romantically interested in to drinks (no other person, only someone romantically interested in) it is a date, clearly not if you go with friends or family or someone you are already in a committed relationship with. Are you being purposely obtuse by continuously bringing up going out with your FRIENDS which you know full well is completely different but bring it up anyway likely to be as annoying as possible.

Well that's all very well and good for you and your missus, I would have said yes it is a date, if I thought it was a date or was told it was a date. I acknowledge though that not all relationships start within dating , 1 of mine didn't

now who is being aggressive, Sophie?

look, most relationships never go on explicit dates. Going for a drink with someone of the opposite sex is not automatically a date: sometimes drinks really are just drinks.

Most of the time you have no idea if you are romantically interested in someone and viceversa until afterwards, so it can't have been a date according to your definition.
now who is being aggressive, Sophie?

look, most relationships never go on explicit dates. Going for a drink with someone of the opposite sex is not automatically a date: sometimes drinks really are just drinks.

Most of the time you have no idea if you are romantically interested in someone and viceversa until afterwards, so it can't have been a date according to your definition.

Me apparently, but you are hardly an enjoyable person to talk to.

Maybe from your experience but not from mine.

Again maybe from your experience but not from mine.
I think if you're interested , just say so. Doesn't matter if you're a dude or a chick
Original post by Anonymous
GIRLS JUST NEED TO APPROACH GUYS.

PROBLEM SOLVED AND THE WORLD WOULD BE A BETTER EQUAL PLACE.

Just go up to them and say Hi. Seriously just say hi. If he likes you he is going to talk to you immediately as well as be saying a silent thank you prayer to the universe.

I agree there are nice and confident guys out there.. but it takes time for them to build confidence.

There are far more arrogant and cocky not nice guys out there who might come up and talk to you.

You might be lucky enough to walk into the bar and the nice guy has built up his confidence over some years experience. But he might still be a novice. If this were 5 years later, he would do it. For now, he's still psyching himself up, by which time the cocky guy walked over. He then leaves.. and you dismiss the cocky guy.

Both the nice girl and nice guy lose out.

Why take that chance?!

Makes sense too. If a girl just eyes up the guy from across the room often with her mates how is the Guy supposesed to know she is serious and not doing it for a laugh or p*ss take. I mean if she was serious she would go up and talk right? It would show that she is serious by doing so, its the common sense adult thing to do right?

I mean to me girls just standing there giving guys the eye and expecting something of it is just bizarre. For years I wondered what it even meant whether they were actually interested or doing it for amusement, particularly if they were giggling bit or smiling, etc. I mean the logical common sense thing to do if your interested in someone would be to talk to them, say a few words right. Thats what I was expecting women to do and wondered why it did not happen, were they not interested in me, and would did this odd eyeingme up but not approaching mean? Yes, let us please get back to talking to one another civily instead of initiating these odd games please girls.
Reply 72
I spent some time of my live living in UK (England) and I´ve got to say It has been the place where girls approached me the most. Comparing with anywhere else, brittish girls win by far in number of approaches.
For what I remember they were very flirtatious and friendly. I can perfectly remember all of them.

I´ve never seen that stuff at other countries. That´s why I´ve got a good remind of english girls.

haha shame I don´t live there anymore :wink:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending