The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lilGem
there is a lot of things on campus to get involved with from societies to academic stuff. The LCR (student union) hosts many gigs with some big names through the year; the past year has included the 1975, paolo nutini, gabrielle aplin. It also hosts 2 students nights one of which is themed fancy dresses on Tuesdays and normal student nights Saturdays.

In town there are student nights too which are popular and easy enough to get to.

Often there is a mix between both town and on campus :smile:

On the gigs thing, just have a look on http://www.ueaticketbookings.co.uk/ to see what's coming up. I'm just about to become a first year and the gigs on campus and in the city are exciting me quite a lot...
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Are there any nursing students on here who will be starting in Jan 2015? if so where are you going to apply to live in November when we can start to look?
Original post by liujingting_cl
OK thank you! Previous and current students have rated UEA as 8.6/10 for social life though so it seems pretty good! Would it be because there is a lot to do on campus or is the bus just so cheap that everyone just goes out anyways? sorry stupid but essential questions :P and thank you! this is the quickest and most helpful reply i've got so far :smile:

I think because you have the best of both worlds.
Original post by liujingting_cl
is the bus just so cheap that everyone just goes out anyways? sorry stupid but essential questions :P and thank you! this is the quickest and most helpful reply i've got so far :smile:

For 10 months it's £199 for a bus pass which is a lot cheaper than what you'd normally spend for a Zone 1-5 ticket - https://www.firstgroup.com/students/tickets.php?C_INDEX_PLACE=00000000371. It lets you travel the whole of the city and the buses run till fairly late so it's a good price. Also with return tickets about £3.50-£4 you'd only need to make something like 50 journeys in those ten months to make it valuable.
Quite ****ing annoyed that there is only one working shower in my flat between at least 10 of us.
And I have builders waking me up early

Not a great first impression accommodation wise..I expect more for 3.9k!!! Ffs
Original post by OnionRing
Quite ****ing annoyed that there is only one working shower in my flat between at least 10 of us.

There was a water leak yesterday and they are trying to get it fixed. Completely beyond UEA's control. Unless the shower/builders are there for something else.
Original post by jelly1000
There was a water leak yesterday and they are trying to get it fixed. Completely beyond UEA's control. Unless the shower/builders are there for something else.

It's definitely for something else, they should have finished their job months ago.

I'm sad that you've had a bad first experience. I feel like I want to apoologise on behalf of UEA... I'm sure they would apologise profusely if you spoke to them about it! I feel sure there has been some issue that has prevented them from meeting the deadline. What work is it that they are doing?

Also, wow, where are you that there are already 10 people living there before main arrivals date! Are you in Orwell/Wolfson? Or are you in the new building?

xxx
Original post by kpwxx
I'm sad that you've had a bad first experience. I feel like I want to apoologise on behalf of UEA... I'm sure they would apologise profusely if you spoke to them about it! I feel sure there has been some issue that has prevented them from meeting the deadline. What work is it that they are doing?

Also, wow, where are you that there are already 10 people living there before main arrivals date! Are you in Orwell/Wolfson? Or are you in the new building?

xxx

Oh don't apologise:tongue:

Well I spoke to the UEA accom today and he said that he's spoken to the people who will sort the shower asap.
He also told me to email him in writing regarding the builders.

I have no idea why the builders are there but he said they should have been finished 2 months ago.

Oh and we currently have 5 flatmates and 5-7 more are moving in this Sunday but I doubt the shower will work by then :frown:
Oh don't apologise:tongue:

Well I spoke to the UEA accom today and he said that he's spoken to the people who will sort the shower asap.
He also told me to email him in writing regarding the builders.

I have no idea why the builders are there but he said they should have been finished 2 months ago.

Oh and we currently have 5 flatmates and 5-7 more are moving in this Sunday but I doubt the shower will work by then :frown:

Ah I see. Yeah, it is getting pretty close! I'd still hold up hope though they should rush to get it sorted before everyone else moves in. I guess they didn't test all the showers before move in week began!

In now thinking you're probably in terraces- I heard and saw builders there the other day (a week Wednesday), but campus was full of them then so didn't think too much of it!

I hope it all gets sorted quickly and your year is more issue free!

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys, im looking to swap a room in mary chapman court for something on campus, anyone interested?
Original post by kpwxx
Ah I see. Yeah, it is getting pretty close! I'd still hold up hope though they should rush to get it sorted before everyone else moves in. I guess they didn't test all the showers before move in week began!

In now thinking you're probably in terraces- I heard and saw builders there the other day (a week Wednesday), but campus was full of them then so didn't think too much of it!

I hope it all gets sorted quickly and your year is more issue free!

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for your comforting words :smile: yeah I'm in Suffolk terrace! Bloody hot :tongue:

The construction stuff outside my room are gone so I'm hoping that's the last I'll see of them :biggrin:
Are we allowed mini fridges in our rooms?
Ahh so torrents are blocked in uni accomodation

So basically Im going to die
Original post by driftawaay
Ahh so torrents are blocked in uni accomodation

So basically Im going to die

VPN?
Original post by niceguy95
Are we allowed mini fridges in our rooms?

no
Original post by jelly1000
no

fo real

is there a reason? :frown:
Original post by niceguy95
fo real

is there a reason? :frown:

there is a fridge in the kitchen which is big enough for everyone. and its not really safe for people to bring big electrical goods in like that when the uni can't be sure if they are safe.
Reply 4458
How good/bad is broadband speed in rooms? Cloud wifi is not so bad, but with its' constant spikes make it extremely unreliable.
Original post by Antvg
How good/bad is broadband speed in rooms? Cloud wifi is not so bad, but with its' constant spikes make it extremely unreliable.

Use Eduroam.

Latest

Trending

Trending