The Student Room Group

Canadian G2 license, can I use this to convert to UK license? Help please!

Hello! To cut a long story short I am a British citizen who moved to Canada with my parents 4 years ago. (I'll be 21 in December) I'm moving back to England early next year. I have my G2 license here which enables me to drive on my own and on motorways etc but only automatic cars. I'm wondering if I can exchange that for a British license..? I know I will only be able to drive automatic but I need to know if I will be able to switch it over or not.. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Cheers :smile:
You can get a UK Driving License with automatic only endorsement. Just got to fill out some forms :smile:

To convert to a manual you can do so but you will need to take a practical driving test again.
Reply 2
Thanks for the quick reply! :smile: do you know if it has to be a particular class or just the fact that it allows me to drive on my own is okay?
Original post by Collette_20
Thanks for the quick reply! :smile: do you know if it has to be a particular class or just the fact that it allows me to drive on my own is okay?

As long as you are allowed to drive a motor vehicle on your own then you will be given the license of equivalent class, unless it is for HGV and PCV in which case you have to get some certifications.
Reply 4
Great, thanks so much! That's taken some weight off my mind :smile:
Reply 5
Can I ask if u exchange it successfully or not with G2?
Reply 6
Original post by dhisjd

A Canadian licence can be exchanged in the UK.
Reply 7
Hi Did you able successfully converted your G2 license to UK one ?
Reply 8
Original post by dhisjd

Did you convert your G2 license to uk one ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending