The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by geek4ev15
Wow those are amazing grades and such a big change too. My science went up 7 marks (A) and my maths went up by 4 marks (A*)

Well done! I just feel horrified by the inaccurate marking of the exam boards.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kingaaran
All remarks successful:

AQA English Language - 5 mark increase (6 neeed for grade change)

AQA French - 12 mark increase (unit grade moved from B to A* and overall grade moved from A to A*)

OCR Physics B - huge increase (grade went from A to A*)

This just really shows the inconsistency in marking across all exam boards. I really do now lack faith in the system. The only exam board I have some trust in is Edexcel.

Don't trust edexcel either

Posted from TSR Mobile
All remarks successful:

AQA English Language - 5 mark increase (6 neeed for grade change)

AQA French - 12 mark increase (unit grade moved from B to A* and overall grade moved from A to A*)

OCR Physics B - huge increase (grade went from A to A*)

This just really shows the inconsistency in marking across all exam boards. I really do now lack faith in the system. The only exam board I have some trust in is Edexcel.

wowww :0

How huge was the increase for physics/how many marks did you need? ...just wondering
Well done! I just feel horrified by the inaccurate marking of the exam boards.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know right? I done AQA unfortunately too. Its horrific. I thought we were in britain a country with a developed education system but I thought wrong! Hw many gcses did u do?
Original post by fudgeboy989
Don't trust edexcel either

Posted from TSR Mobile

They're usually fairly accurate for me, as it's all Maths and Further Maths with them: you can't really go too wrong with them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EastGuava
wowww :0

How huge was the increase for physics/how many marks did you need? ...just wondering

I had 63/85 which was 155/160 UMS. I went to 160 UMS, but in terms of raw marks, my mark went from 63/85 to 71/85. I needed a three mark increase. I'm overwhelmed by that result though, as I had chicken poxs on the day of that exam and I got the highest UMS percentage for this :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by geek4ev15
I know right? I done AQA unfortunately too. Its horrific. I thought we were in britain a country with a developed education system but I thought wrong! Hw many gcses did u do?

I did 11 GCSEs and one AS.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got a D in citizenship so my school appealed my result and I got a C.
Hi,
Thanks for running this thread. We paid to have my son's WJEC English Lang Paper 2 Unit 1 and Unit 2 papers remarked. He went up by 4 raw marks in Unit 1 and stayed the same in Unit 2, his overall grade went up to A*. Should we be expecting a refund of 2 remark fees or just 1?
Original post by Lemonpopsicle2
Hi,
Thanks for running this thread. We paid to have my son's WJEC English Lang Paper 2 Unit 1 and Unit 2 papers remarked. He went up by 4 raw marks in Unit 1 and stayed the same in Unit 2, his overall grade went up to A*. Should we be expecting a refund of 2 remark fees or just 1?

Both will be refunded as his overall grade changed
Has anyone got AQA English Language or Literature remarks back yet?
Anyone know how long CIE take for remarks?
Original post by Sarah Bethany
Has anyone got AQA English Language or Literature remarks back yet?

I have
Original post by give me info
I have

Argh, when did you send it and get them back? Was it a success?? :smile:
Argh, when did you send it and get them back? Was it a success?? :smile:

I sent it for a remark back in August and it came back within a week, and yeah it was a success:smile:. What about you?
Original post by give me info
I sent it for a remark back in August and it came back within a week, and yeah it was a success:smile:. What about you?

Ah right, I sent mine 2-3 weeks ago but haven't heard anything back yet :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same here

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck I'm sure it will go up
Original post by econam
Same here

Which exams/board?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I sent mine a month ago (lit) and mine is the only one in the school not to have been sent back yet:confused:

Latest