The Student Room Group

What would you think of a guy who never got a full driving licence?

Would you think of him as a loser or couldn't care less?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It would entirely depend upon the circumstances behind him not getting a full licence.
Original post by Aula
It would entirely depend upon the circumstances behind him not getting a full licence.

What circumstances would make him a loser?
Why doesn't he get the license?
Reply 4
It is no biggy, I would find it more a issue if he never got a full driving license and was driving around as that could be dangerous.
Don't really care.:no:
Who would care?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I personally choose not to date any ladies who do not at least have a commercial pilots licence with minimum type approval for A380 airbus.
maybe he has his own private chauffeur who drives him around in a rolls royce
Original post by Aula

Original post by Viva Emptiness
Why doesn't he get the license?
Just doesn't like driving/costs/makes him anxious?
(edited 9 years ago)
Couldn't care less. Learning to drive isn't for everyone whether its because they can't afford to, they just don't fancy it for whatever reason or anything else. I certainly wouldn't think someone was a loser for not learning to drive.
Reply 11
TBH it's a sign that someone is a loser. Girls want guys with a car and his own place. If you don't have a car i.e. can't afford one then you probably live your mum's basement. Not saying that's the case with you but why not learn to drive OP? I passed it first time no fails #genius and I have anxiety. What's the big deal?

I've seen your thread for people lacking in confidence and social skills and I have to say that this seems like another poor me thread. I mean come on I'm on your side rooting for you but you have to stop looking at yourself as a victim of society and women and get out there. Get your driving license stop being a loser.
Original post by Armin.
TBH it's a sign that someone is a loser. Girls want guys with a car and his own place. If you don't have a car i.e. can't afford one then you probably live your mum's basement. Not saying that's the case with you but why not learn to drive OP? I passed it first time no fails #genius and I have anxiety. What's the big deal?

I've seen your thread for people lacking in confidence and social skills and I have to say that this seems like another poor me thread. I mean come on I'm on your side rooting for you but you have to stop looking at yourself as a victim of society and women and get out there. Get your driving license stop being a loser.
Well thanks for the pep talk :erm: I've spent quite a lot of money trying to pass but I always seem to get at least one major in the practicals that ruins everything. I just get too nervous & can't seem to get my mind to focus. I find driving boring as well, I don't want to be responsible for an accident.
(edited 9 years ago)

had to be done my brother
Original post by Spock's Socks
Couldn't care less. Learning to drive isn't for everyone whether its because they can't afford to, they just don't fancy it for whatever reason or anything else. I certainly wouldn't think someone was a loser for not learning to drive.

I agree.
Wouldn't care. I'm probably not going to have the money to learn anytime soon so cant judge
Reply 16
Original post by Multitalented me
Just doesn't like driving/makes him anxious?

No, that's reasonable I think.
Original post by Armin.

I appreciate the point you make. I guess a lot of younger people place a great deal of value on material stuff like having a car etc. I do agree that learning to drive is an essential life skill but it isnt necessary to have a car. Sometimes having a car is an un-necessary encumbrance and it is easier to use public transport.
Reply 18
bus ****er
Doesn't bother me too much. My boyfriend never learned to drive for various reasons and although it would be useful if he had a car, it didn't put me off him in any way. I think I'd care even less if I drove. It just gets a bit annoying because I limits places we can visit etc.

Quick Reply

Latest