The Student Room Group

Good subjects?

Hi, I'm studying Law, Geography and Psychology at sixth form, are these subjects good for a law degree? Aiming for AAA.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by OrdinaryStudent
Hi, I'm studying Law, Geography and Psychology at sixth form, are these subjects good for a law degree? Aiming for AAA.

I understand the whole situation about picking law at A levels, but i just want to know in general are my subjects strong? And how does geography hold up?
Reply 2
I understand the whole situation about picking law at A levels, but i just want to know in general are my subjects strong? And how does geography hold up?

You'll probably be fine
Original post by nohomo
You'll probably be fine

The 'probably' worries me!:frown:

What do you want to do after A levels?
Reply 5
I love geography A level and it will look good because its an academic subject
no maths no fun.
Original post by JamesJones777
What do you want to do after A levels?

Im hoping to go to university to do a Law degree :smile:
Reply 8
Geography is certainly respected! The other two are considered a bit soft, but that won't matter unless you go for Cambridge.
Original post by D123xo
I love geography A level and it will look good because its an academic subject

Even for a Law degree?

Wow pretty good subjects.

Good luck and I hope you achieve your goal :smile:
Original post by *Stefan*
Geography is certainly respected! The other two are considered a bit soft, but that won't matter unless you go for Cambridge.

Why is Psychology seen as a soft subject? :confused:
Reply 12

Your subjects choices are fine for a law degree as there are no set subject requirements. With that being said, it would help to take more respected subjects (law/psychology aren't respected) to strengthen your application. It's necessary because law is a very competitive course and other applicants will probably have taken more respected academic subjects and therefore will be given preference over you if you've got the same grades.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by DarkMystryXxX
Wow pretty good subjects.

Good luck and I hope you achieve your goal :smile:

Thanks!:biggrin: Although I must admit I did go overboard with what I'm aiming for :colondollar:, honestly just aiming for B+
Thanks!:biggrin: Although I must admit I did go overboard with what I'm aiming for :colondollar:, honestly just aiming for B+

Lol I was like wow :eek: those grades are AMAZING. But you can get those grades if you put your mind into it.

Remember you will achieve those grades only if you work for it. :smile:
Original post by pbunny
Your subjects choices are fine for a law degree as there are no set subject requirements. With that being said, it would help to take more respected subjects (law/psychology aren't respected) to strengthen your application. It's necessary because law is a very competitive course and other applicants will probably have taken more respected academic subjects and therefore will be given preference over you if you've got the same grades.

Thanks for the information/advice, I understand about the respected subjects issue, its just that i wouldn't want to do something, that would not remotely interest me.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by DarkMystryXxX
Lol I was like wow :eek: those grades are AMAZING. But you can get those grades if you put your mind into it.

Remember you will achieve those grades only if you work for it. :smile:

Haha, yes I definitely agree :smile:
Haha, yes I definitely agree :smile:

lol
Reply 18
Why is Psychology seen as a soft subject? :confused:

Don't really know. I suppose it doesn't compare to, say, history/english literature/latin/maths etc. Of course only Cambridge states that clearly, so don't worry!
Original post by *Stefan*
Don't really know. I suppose it doesn't compare to, say, history/english literature/latin/maths etc. Of course only Cambridge states that clearly, so don't worry!

Could you please, send me a link of Cambridge stating that? Thanks! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest