The Student Room Group

I Want A Hipster Boyfriend - HELP :D

I usually prefer my guys sporty and masculine. I'm sporty myself, a bit conformist, your average corporate type, and hardly know any hipster or artsy-type guys.

For some odd reason, though, right now I want a chap who looks like this (and is artsy and quirky and a bit "weird" in a good way too). Can I find one in East London or Camden? (semi srs) (so thirsty right now :tongue:)

Basically:

-short to average height
-slim-ish build, not muscular
-cute face and hair
-cool way of dressing
-arty
-eccentric/"feminine" personality

P.S. Anyone who tries to turn this into TSR's 1000th feminism debate (as all threads on TSR inevitably seem to go the way of) will be spammed with gifs. :cool:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I'd punch #2 right in the nose, he's pointlessly wasting milk :unimpressed:
Reply 2
Original post by Dilzo999
I'd punch #2 right in the nose, he's pointlessly wasting milk :unimpressed:

Not just milk, chocolate milkshake! Damn, you're right... :mad:

Still cute as anything tho :colondollar:
Reply 3
Original post by Miss Posh
x

How do you know? :teehee:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
x

Lol, I don't see what the connection is TBH but OK. Where'd you find so many?

What does this have to do with feminism? :lolwut:
(edited 9 years ago)
Lol they look like *****
Reply 6
Original post by Schezerade
Lol, I don't see what the connection is TBH but OK. Where'd you find so many?

What does this have to do with feminism? :lolwut:

(trying not to take this off subject - guys who are skinnier/don't work out so much, can have less testosterone and are more likely to have ED - not a rule though)

I do like the alternate look though, I think Camden would have some guys like this about ^^ a few of my alternate/hipster type friends like going there ^^
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Jaz_A
(trying not to take this off subject - guys who are skinnier/don't work out so much, have less testosterone and are more likely to have ED)

I do like the alternate look though, I think Camden would have some guys like this about ^^ a few of my alternate/hipster type friends like going there ^^

Thanks. I didn't mean super skinny guys, or even particularly skinny ones. Just not muscular/built ones like I usually prefer (going for something different lol). So slim to slightly muscular, I guess.

Will try Camden bars :yep: :biggrin: How do I even pick up one of those guys, though? I'm not quirky or eccentric. I am fairly attractive, but in the standard, stereotypical way. I'm not exactly a Hayley Williams or Zooey Deschanel, one of those manic pixie dream girl types lol.
Reply 8
Thanks. I didn't mean super skinny guys, or even particularly skinny ones. Just not muscular/built ones like I usually prefer (going for something different lol). So slim to slightly muscular, I guess.

Will try Camden bars :yep: :biggrin: How do I even pick up one of those guys, though? I'm not quirky or eccentric. I am fairly attractive, but in the standard, stereotypical way. I'm not exactly a Hayley Williams or Zooey Deschanel, one of those manic pixie dream girl types lol.

Umm having similar interests might help. Are you into alternate music?
Reply 9
Original post by Jaz_A
Umm having similar interests might help. Are you into alternate music?

Well, TBH, no (my interests are really, really, mainstream).

I don't know how much I would have in common with a hipster dude. I just find their outside aesthetic very cute right now.
x

Thought you were innocent, boy was I wrong on this one :rolleyes:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 11

I don't know how much I would have in common with a hipster dude. I just find their outside aesthetic very cute right now.

Umm I'm not sure, you may find guys who like dressing like that who do have stuff in common with you. I've no idea cause only a few of my friends are like this.
Reply 12
Original post by Black Cat
Thought you were innocent, boy was I wrong on this one :rolleyes:

*silently readies self for flame war* :tongue:

Main thing that hipsters want is their women to have similar interests things could become very boring otherwise.

You have to like some of the following
- Indie music
- Gigs
- Anime
- Art

Etc
Reply 14
Original post by Jaz_A
Umm I'm not sure, you may find guys who like dressing like that who do have stuff in common with you. I've no idea cause only a few of my friends are like this.

Yeah, I'll try to find one :colondollar:

Thanks for your tips, + repped :biggrin:
Reply 15
Main thing that hipsters want is their women to have similar interests things could become very boring otherwise.

- Indie music
- Gigs
- Anime
- Art

Etc

Just describes me, but I wouldn't describe myself as hipster xD
Reply 16
Main thing that hipsters want is their women to have are similar interests things could become very boring otherwise.

- Indie music
- Gigs
- Anime
- Art

Etc

Thanks man :biggrin: Are you a hipster, if you don't mind me asking?

I don't really like indie music, love gigs, anime is OK but I'd rather be out doing stuff like sports than watching a screen TBH, and like art but not when people are pretentious about it.
Reply 17
Yeah, I'll try to find one :colondollar:

Thanks for your tips, + repped :biggrin:

Thank you ^^ If you want any band suggestions, I'll try coming up with a few a sec if it helps :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by Jaz_A
Thank you ^^ If you want any band suggestions, I'll try coming up with a few a sec if it helps :smile:

Yw! That would be great, thanks :tongue: I don't really want to change my entire taste in music ofc, but it doesn't hurt to listen to new bands anyway! :biggrin:
Thanks man :biggrin: Are you a hipster, if you don't mind me asking?

I don't really like indie music, love gigs, anime is OK but I'd rather be out doing stuff like sports than watching a screen TBH, and like art but not when people are pretentious about it.

I'm somewhat of a mix between a hipster and a sporty fellow tall, lanky, preppy looking, intellectual who watches anime, but still goes to bars/clubs frequently. I like gigs aswell but more into house, jazz and rock my interests are limitless :tongue:

I dislike the pretentious hipsters who looks down on people that listen to mainstream music and complain about their unique indie music, becoming more mainstream.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest