The Student Room Group

Boy trouble ahhh!

Scroll to see replies

Well girls talk and I guess what she said about him is correct.

So - he is very practised at attracting girls - he's had plenty of practice - the chances are if you continue to see, talk to him he'll use his slick charm to entice you into a relationship. He may well be a psychopath ie someone who will use you and leave you without a backward glance.

It only works with girls who believe that he'll be different with them. You're reacting to his charm: all confidence tricksters have to have charm, don't they?

I predict : you'll continue to see him, he'll be fine, get you into bed but perhaps cancel a meeting or two. (Something or someone better will have cropped up.)

You will cry : he'll say ' everything is fine', you agree, he cancels again , you see him with someone else and have hysterics. He leaves you alone for a while because you're getting difficult and he wants an easy life.

You're desperate: he comes back , you take him back and you fall pregnant; he vanishes into thin air.......calling out 'I told you I didn't want anything serious.....
Original post by Anonymous
Okay, so I started a new college recently. One of my new friends introduced me to this boy and we all had a conversation about our subjects, past schools etc. I found this guy really attractive so I added him on facebook. He started a conversation with me and we spoke for about two hours and I think it was flirty (I have no experience lol) as there was lots of winky faces and kisses. I feel attached to him despite only having one conversation. I've been told he's a player though and I think there might be something flirty between him and a girl in one of my classes. I genuinely don't know what to do. Considering how attached I feel after one conversation, I dread to think how much I would like him after speaking for quite a while. But I DON'T want to be played or even friend zoned. Should I just call it quits?

Are you desperate?
Reply 22
OP there is no way to tell if he is playing you this early, just text him

Since I'm new to this college and don't really know the area that well maybe you can show me around?

Very much doubt he will say no. This can then easily be turned into a date.
Original post by KittyRe-play
Kk I can understand. :frown:

Okay, it's been like two days and it flopped. The girl I mentioned who I'm friends with, she seems really interested in him and it sounds like he's interested in her back. She knows I talk to him now (didn't say in a flirty way), so I'd feel really harsh if I carried on flirting with him. I can take a risk or play it safe. I know one day I'm going to randomly talk to her and she will be like 'he asked me out!!!'. I also found out he split up with his girlfriend not long ago so I suppose he's milking it for all it's worth aka flirting loads with a lot of different people. Is it time to give up?
Original post by Monsieur Gamma
Are you desperate?

No, I'm just not use to people paying attention to me in that way.
Okay, so I started a new college recently. One of my new friends introduced me to this boy and we all had a conversation about our subjects, past schools etc. I found this guy really attractive so I added him on facebook. He started a conversation with me and we spoke for about two hours and I think it was flirty (I have no experience lol) as there was lots of winky faces and kisses. I feel attached to him despite only having one conversation. I've been told he's a player though and I think there might be something flirty between him and a girl in one of my classes. I genuinely don't know what to do. Considering how attached I feel after one conversation, I dread to think how much I would like him after speaking for quite a while. But I DON'T want to be played or even friend zoned. Should I just call it quits?

why would you add someone just because you found them attractive? do you not care about personality?
Okay, it's been like two days and it flopped. The girl I mentioned who I'm friends with, she seems really interested in him and it sounds like he's interested in her back. She knows I talk to him now (didn't say in a flirty way), so I'd feel really harsh if I carried on flirting with him. I can take a risk or play it safe. I know one day I'm going to randomly talk to her and she will be like 'he asked me out!!!'. I also found out he split up with his girlfriend not long ago so I suppose he's milking it for all it's worth aka flirting loads with a lot of different people. Is it time to give up?

Yep its time to give up! At least you have a reason to hate him now. He kinda just wants attention.
Yep its time to give up! At least you have a reason to hate him now. He kinda just wants attention.

Actually never thought about it in that way, that he probably just wants attention. I don't want to block him on facebook, so how should I respond to his replies?
Original post by Flyingaround
why would you add someone just because you found them attractive? do you not care about personality?

Yes, hence why I had already spoken to him and added him so I could get to know him a bit better.
Actually never thought about it in that way, that he probably just wants attention. I don't want to block him on facebook, so how should I respond to his replies?

Is he talking to you on fbook? Gimme an example convo that he started so I can get an idea of what you're on about. Why don't you wanna block himmmm?????
Trust me I know its hard but he ain't right for you. #UserAlert#
Don't be blinded by his slink love! :s-smilie:

But inside I still desperately want him to like me :frown: :frown:

massive assumptions by everyone in this thread lol. You heard a rumour by a friend whos known him for a week and you + everyone are basing their decisions on this tiny bit of unreliable information rofl.

Some people just like flirting cus it's fun. Doesn't mean they want a relationship or whatever or intentionally trying to hurt you. If he starts making promises or says he loves you or wants a relationship while he's still flirting with other girls then he's probably an immoral person.
You could ask the other girls he's supposedly flirting with what's going on though.

there is no reason to hate him. lmao. what's he done? have conversations with people? :stupid:

Girls like you are extremely annoying. So many of them were like that at my 6th form. I literally mind my own business and girls just randomly start hating me for no reason and make all sorts of assumptions and judgements.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 32
Okay, it's been like two days and it flopped.

Why did you completely ignore my post? Send him what I told you or something along those lines. If you don't act now then you will feel even worse for not taking any action.
Original post by Sheena1
Why did you completely ignore my post? Send him what I told you or something along those lines. If you don't act now then you will feel even worse for not taking any action.

He's new though too..
Original post by ChickenMadness
there is no reason to hate him. lmao. what's he done? have conversations with people? :stupid:

Girls like you are extremely annoying. So many of them were like that at my 6th form. I literally mind my own business and girls just randomly start hating me for no reason and make all sorts of assumptions and judgements.

I don't hate him
Original post by pickup
Well girls talk and I guess what she said about him is correct.

So - he is very practised at attracting girls - he's had plenty of practice - the chances are if you continue to see, talk to him he'll use his slick charm to entice you into a relationship. He may well be a psychopath ie someone who will use you and leave you without a backward glance.

It only works with girls who believe that he'll be different with them. You're reacting to his charm: all confidence tricksters have to have charm, don't they?

I predict : you'll continue to see him, he'll be fine, get you into bed but perhaps cancel a meeting or two. (Something or someone better will have cropped up.)

You will cry : he'll say ' everything is fine', you agree, he cancels again , you see him with someone else and have hysterics. He leaves you alone for a while because you're getting difficult and he wants an easy life.

You're desperate: he comes back , you take him back and you fall pregnant; he vanishes into thin air.......calling out 'I told you I didn't want anything serious.....

Ermm I don't think he's a psychopath and nor am I planning to sleep with him..
Reply 36
You are really overthinking it.

He likes you.

He likes someone else.

So what?

You like him.

What are you on about, being used, being played blah blah blah.

You're making your own life a hell for no reason.
Lol some one said block him on Facebook. Is this what girls do to guys they can't have? Because you just come across as right weirdo for blocking people randomly for no apparent reason.
If you don't want to get involved with him then simply don't let him flirt with you and say you just wanna be friends if he tries it. And don't talk or spend more time with him than necessary.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
I don't hate him

ye that post was directed at katy lol.
Reply 39

Wow, people on this thread are bat-**** bananas. Telling you to block him and calling him a player , "he's not the one for you" etc when he's done nothing wrong. Cut the poor guy some slack. OP it really is simple, no games, casually talk to the guy in a flirtacious manner IF he pursues you, don't put out, no sex talk, let him initiate any conversation and don't act uninterested but don't throw yourself out there to get hurt or walked all over

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending