The Student Room Group

So many tests! What do I do?

I'm in S3,thirteen and doing Nat 4/5. We are getting too many exams, regulation testing and assessments. Thirty-one this year! How do I start cramming?
Set aside time to study and keep on top of your work, if you don't understand something then learn it so that you do understand it and when you come back to study it closer to exam time you will pick it up easily.
Original post by Twerk and die
I'm in S3,thirteen and doing Nat 4/5. We are getting too many exams, regulation testing and assessments. Thirty-one this year! How do I start cramming?

31?! Jeeeezo... Id imagine there wont be a lot of content for you to cover if you are in s3, so just start by copying out your notes in bullet points
Get a diary so you can write down all your tests and when you are getting them so you can plan your revision ahead.
Original post by Pennyarcade
31?! Jeeeezo... Id imagine there wont be a lot of content for you to cover if you are in s3, so just start by copying out your notes in bullet points

Yep, I have about four a month, apart from April. I have eight end of year formal exams then. They are grim.
Yep, I have about four a month, apart from April. I have eight end of year formal exams then. They are grim.

Thats not too bad then lol. I thought you meant 31 in like 2 months :colondollar:..

Class tests dont even matter anyway, unless ofcourse you're 'that guy' who wants to be the best.
Thats not too bad then lol. I thought you meant 31 in like 2 months :colondollar:..

Class tests dont even matter anyway, unless ofcourse you're 'that guy' who wants to be the best.

Er,yeah I am that girl’. I was basically wanting to ask how do I manage my time and stress better.

N4/5 isn't at all difficult. Just make sure you understand the material instead of getting bogged down by the minutiae of facts and you will do just fine.
Reply 8
lol'd at 3rd year
Are you doing nabs or class tests? Revise more for the nabs
Original post by Larissa14
Are you doing nabs or class tests? Revise more for the nabs

Yeah its nabs
Yeah its nabs

Nabs are easy and shouldnt really require any revision if you pay attention

Posted from TSR Mobile
I suggest the following: read your username.
Twerk and die.
Original post by ChrissyH
I suggest the following: read your username.

Great minds.
Nabs are easy and shouldnt really require any revision if you pay attention

Posted from TSR Mobile

I found the nabs more difficult to be honest at national 5 since you have to pass every outcome so if you are bad at a section then you fail that nab
Original post by Larissa14
I found the nabs more difficult to be honest at national 5 since you have to pass every outcome so if you are bad at a section then you fail that nab

That's the same for Int 2, traditional Higher and Advanced Higher though. If you don't pass an outcome, you've failed the NAB.

OP, if you just make sure you keep going over whatever you do in class at home and get yourself a fairly good study timetable together you'll be absolutely fine.
Reply 17
Just keep on top of everything an do all of your homework the night you get it. Check your diary regularly so that you know what you have coming up and set aside an hour or so every night to learn what you feel like you are struggling with. Remember that the exams that are really important are ages away so just keep on top of everything just now. You'll be fine as long as you don't fall behind! Also if you are struggling with anything speak to your teachers :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow I'm in third year too xD we don't get told how many tests we have but so far they have been so easy :/ our teachers stress they are difficult but they seriously aren't! I've done quite a few so far and I have achieved full marks twice and one mark less than full 3 times. I only revised a lot for one of the tests and that was the first one I did, I then realised it was extremely easy and it didn't really affect my marks in the slightest xD. So seriously all I would say is do all your homework, highlight any important notes in your jotter and review them the few days before a test :tongue: Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending