The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by purple-duck
Well I think you just have to find out - they may be a lot more supportive than you think - and can give them some info about it when/if you tell them? :smile: (I haven't told my family at all, though I probably should :s-smilie:)

Hmm, I suppose see how it goes over the next week/maybe try and find someone to go down with? Important that you eat enough and things, can you get access to a microwave or something to make meals that way? or if you have a friend in self-catered halls could you cook with them? :redface:

Travis! And doves! :woo:

How are things for you atm? :smile: Getting all sorted for Uni? You started yet?

oo have you listened to much smiths? Would you recommend an album to someone who liked/likes "Asleep" by them a lot? :redface:

Will try to :redface: Haha :biggrin:

Oh yes I forgot you did flute too! :eek: Hope it's fun :biggrin:
Ah, jealous :colondollar: I just end up listening to Joni Mitchell or Regina Spektor and wishing I could sing that high :moon: (without being a shriek-y mess :lol:) Alto and Tenor always get difficult harmonies - too tricky :tongue: Was just in a SATB choir at sixth form, so mostly ended up as a bass, but bass generally has notes which are too low, and tenor usually has notes which are too high :tongue: though sort of working on finding a singing voice that gets higher ones, sort of... :colondollar: :smile: Not really sure how I sing/am meant to sing :colondollar:

Well I was going to do that anyway :s-smilie: but yeah, I guess so sort of, though not really :/ Though I haven't much of a clue why it wasn't helpful/why it got to me so much/what went wrong... Yeah I hope so! Well it's more sort of group counselling I think - my counsellor from last year runs it, and it basically means a more regular session once a week (I had them like every 2-4 weeks maybe last 2 terms, probably less often - was fairly random when I did), with I think maybe 5-10 people in the group of a similar sort of affected-ness to me, apparently :dontknow:

:hugs: Thanks, you too!

on to the last 2-3 pages of this one - it's my first proper diary, the one before was really really scruffy and too small to write in well really :colondollar: This is nice and pretty with different colour pens :gah: It's good and therapeutic, should give it a go maybe? :redface: just keep it around to write in whenever you can/remember to? Even if that's at like 6 month intervals :redface: :smile:

I used this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaltgJGz-dU but I've just seen this one was done recently and I like this guy's channel :3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf3YgBZMVyw They both use different algorithms though/hadn't used any of the second vid's. Haha, thanks :colondollar: I am proud :u:

:frown: With people on course? Have lectures/stuff been any better? :s-smilie: :hugs:
Not an imbecile at all :no: Just ill :frown: :penguinhug:

with friends. lectures are tough. really tough. this course is so hard and they really push you and its too much tbh. im too stupid and I don't know what ever possessed me to pick this course :cry2:
Original post by Odd socks
Hmm, I don't have any whole albums because I'm skint at the moment so I just own my favourite songs off all 4 albums in a big compilation. But I like:

Hand in Glove
This Charming Man
Sheila Take a Bow
You Just Haven't Earned it Yet, Baby
Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now
The Headmaster Ritual
How Soon is Now
Last Night I Dreamt that Somebody Loved Me

Thanks :redface: Will have a listen to some of these on youtube :smile: Maybe make a playlist or something :eek:

Original post by Mazzini
:colondollar:

I've killed them now. Hopefully will sleep soon.

Sleep well :redface: :hugs:

------------------------

Ordered some self adhesive googly eyes :teeth:

Had a fairly rubbish day, feeling a bit better this evening/now for some reason - usually it works opposite :colondollar: Splashed a bit on food/comfort food because I was rubbish, but oh well :s-smilie:
Need to tidy my room soon, and do washing - getting messy :/
This is unbareable. :cry2: Hiding down the side of the.bedunder blankets and its not safe and theyrre sceeaming and this is horrendous :cry2:
Original post by tasha96
This is unbareable. :cry2: Hiding down the side of the.bedunder blankets and its not safe and theyrre sceeaming and this is horrendous :cry2:

its gonna be alright hun :hugs:
Reply 5464
Original post by ScaryScience
with friends. lectures are tough. really tough. this course is so hard and they really push you and its too much tbh. im too stupid and I don't know what ever possessed me to pick this course :cry2:

lol, you may be a lot of things, but stupid certainly ain't one of them!

Travis! And doves! :woo:

How are things for you atm? :smile: Getting all sorted for Uni? You started yet?

Not an imbecile at all :no: Just ill :frown: :penguinhug:

Not so bad :smile: Up and down busy week, but I've managed a whole week without a massive fight with the gf :eek: Today has been stressful, and I'm still not perfect, but working hard :smile: Decided to give the library a miss and make 'learn spss day' tomorrow! Uni might get too much, but I dunno :s-smilie: We'll see :smile:

Hows mr P Duck?
I should not have watched a show about childbirth on bbc3, freaked out now :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ScaryScience
its gonna be alright hun :hugs:

Its not its not i dont kniw what to do :'(
having an absolutely massive cry about how ive worked so hard for years and years and yet now my life is completely ruined by this. waste of time. can barely string a sentence together
[Sorry for the long post in advance!] Hi haven't posted here in ages. Sorry about that :redface: Had a huge issue with
depression a couple of years ago but got over that and was completely fine during my final year.
Seriously thought all my MH issues were behind me. My therapist at the time thought it was all circumstantial.
However, in the last month things have been getting bad. Can generally tell when something's up. The thing is though it feels completely different this time.

I've got used to dealing with depression over the years. Whilst I'm currently feeling a bit depressed that isn't my main issue. There are times during the day when my brain just seems completely wired, racing thoughts and I can't concentrate on anything. It's like a whirlwind and I just end up in bed trying to get my brain to slow down. The closest thing I've felt to it before was when I was put on prozac when I was depressed a couple of years ago and it made me feel the same way (but it was much more extreme then). The thing is I'm not on any medication so there's nothing that could cause it. I meditated and that brought me back down to being somewhat level and that's proving really helpful. Just confused as it's kind of a new feeling.

I just don't get why I'm feeling like this, everything's great at the moment, I'm back doing a masters which is all stuff I'm really passionate about (I never thought I'd get a 2.1 in the first place!) at a uni I love with tons of friends. I guess it boils down to some stress re my home life (it seems it always does!)
I'm just in my room bawling my eyes out because I know I need to see a therapist (I've made an appointment) but I don't want to go back to therapy and endless GP appointments. :frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
:cry2:
Reply 5470
oo have you listened to much smiths? Would you recommend an album to someone who liked/likes "Asleep" by them a lot? :redface:

Sorry to jump in but thought mention that, in addition to what Odd Socks listed, I also like:

- I Know It's Over
- Bigmouth Strikes Again
- The Boy With The Thorn In His Side
- Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before
- Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want

I haven't listened to everything of theirs yet though!

Original post by samba
Thanks :smile: Getting there, just need musikz to download now! Suggestions ladies?

I've only been listening to odd songs lately but, in addition to some already mentioned, some artists I've always liked are The Killers, Radiohead, Bruce Springsteen, Muse, The Smashing Pumpkins, Placebo and Snow Patrol (to name a random few).

Plus, don't forget cheesy classics and random pop songs! The majority of the music I have isn't the most uplifting so I'm trying to expand my music collection!

Is there a particular genre of music you like?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by luno
Sorry to jump in but thought mention that, in addition to what Odd Socks listed, I also like:

- I Know It's Over
- Bigmouth Strikes Again
- The Boy With The Thorn In His Side
- Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before
- Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want

I haven't listened to everything of theirs yet though!

I've only been listening to odd songs lately but, in addition to some already mentioned, some artists I've always liked are The Killers, Radiohead, Bruce Springsteen, Muse, Placebo, The Smashing Pumpkins and Snow Patrol (to name a random few).

Plus, don't forget cheesy classics and random pop songs! The majority of the music I have isn't the most uplifting so I'm trying to expand my music collection!

Is there a particular genre of music you like?

Ooh all good songs :yep:

---

I'm so stupid and apparently a **** daughter

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5472
Ooh all good songs :yep:

---

I'm so stupid and apparently a **** daughter

Posted from TSR Mobile

Currently listening to This Charming Man :smile:!

:hugs: I'm sure you're not a **** daughter! What makes you say that? And you're definitely not stupid!
Original post by luno
Currently listening to This Charming Man :smile:!

:hugs: I'm sure you're not a **** daughter! What makes you say that? And you're definitely not stupid!

I'm definitely disappointment to my family, they're ashamed of me. Because i was speaking to someone in another thread and they've made me feel like a crap daughter because I don't think how my mum is expected to do everything is fair :/

I am extremely stupid.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Meaty_man
I have days where i feel really disconnected, even moreso than normal :| :hugs: Easier said than done but try not to think too much about it :console: I would write down pretty much everything, people in that line of work are generally nice people and won't care for how little or much much you want to disclose to them. Besides, even if some things aren't in their field of expertise, they may be able to sort something out for you, or give some sort of advice.

yeah, it's not fun, just makes it hard to really do or feel anything even :/ ended up sleeping a lot from lack of anything I felt able to do! yeah, I guess I will just try to write down what I can but otherwise not overthink it (you hear this brain!) so hopefully doesn't make me feel any worse. I hope so, just worried they won't understand what I write down or something I guess :s-smilie: thanks for the reply, I hope you are okay! :hugs:
Reply 5475
I'm definitely disappointment to my family, they're ashamed of me. Because i was speaking to someone in another thread and they've made me feel like a crap daughter because I don't think how my mum is expected to do everything is fair :/

I am extremely stupid.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why do you think you're a disappointment? Parents/family are not always understanding and supportive but it doesn't necessarily mean they are ashamed. You can PM me if you want, or just talk about it more on here.

I saw that thread and I didn't really understand why you were being questioned like that... like you said, they don't know you or your family. Maybe when people upset you on here or a thread escalates, leave the situation?

I don't think you're stupid at all :hugs:.

Goodnight - I'll reply later today :jumphug:.
Original post by luno
Why do you think you're a disappointment? Parents/family are not always understanding and supportive but it doesn't necessarily mean they are ashamed. You can PM me if you want, or just talk about it more on here.

I saw that thread and I didn't really understand why you were being questioned like that... like you said, they don't know you or your family. Maybe when people upset you on here or a thread escalates, leave the situation?

I don't think you're stupid at all :hugs:.

Goodnight - I'll reply later today :jumphug:.

My mum definitely isn't a fan of me not being straight, and I'm too scared to tell my dad. And my mum was ashamed of the fact I had a resit in first year, I know because she didn't want me to tell people Id passed it, because then they'd know that I had a resit. And then there's the whole resitting second year thing, which my mum started crying about last time I saw her :frown:

I don't know why the people in that thread hate me :frown: I was already sad about stuff and now I feel really awful and ****ty about myself :cry:

Posted from TSR Mobile
i'm so spaced out i feel like i'm not even a person
Hope it goes well/your brain calms down a bit :redface: Do you have many strategies for beforehand to calm you down a bit? I found with exams that pacing and breathing helped a bit - and telling yourself out loud (quietly :colondollar:) it's going to be okay :redface:

Thanks for the advice. I didn't pace much but concentrated on breathing in the bus and it seemed to help. I tell myself things out loud all the time (usually stuff like "yo idiot, why you miss puck???" ) so I'm quite good at that :tongue:

When you feed the ducks does all the goose poop not bother you? :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Will try to :redface: Haha :biggrin:

Oh yes I forgot you did flute too! :eek: Hope it's fun :biggrin:
Ah, jealous :colondollar: I just end up listening to Joni Mitchell or Regina Spektor and wishing I could sing that high :moon: (without being a shriek-y mess :lol:) Alto and Tenor always get difficult harmonies - too tricky :tongue: Was just in a SATB choir at sixth form, so mostly ended up as a bass, but bass generally has notes which are too low, and tenor usually has notes which are too high :tongue: though sort of working on finding a singing voice that gets higher ones, sort of... :colondollar: :smile: Not really sure how I sing/am meant to sing :colondollar:

Well I was going to do that anyway :s-smilie: but yeah, I guess so sort of, though not really :/ Though I haven't much of a clue why it wasn't helpful/why it got to me so much/what went wrong... Yeah I hope so! Well it's more sort of group counselling I think - my counsellor from last year runs it, and it basically means a more regular session once a week (I had them like every 2-4 weeks maybe last 2 terms, probably less often - was fairly random when I did), with I think maybe 5-10 people in the group of a similar sort of affected-ness to me, apparently :dontknow:

:hugs: Thanks, you too!

on to the last 2-3 pages of this one - it's my first proper diary, the one before was really really scruffy and too small to write in well really :colondollar: This is nice and pretty with different colour pens :gah: It's good and therapeutic, should give it a go maybe? :redface: just keep it around to write in whenever you can/remember to? Even if that's at like 6 month intervals :redface: :smile:

I used this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaltgJGz-dU but I've just seen this one was done recently and I like this guy's channel :3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf3YgBZMVyw They both use different algorithms though/hadn't used any of the second vid's. Haha, thanks :colondollar: I am proud :u:

I do, not that I've played a lot recently, of either actually :redface: I am female though, generally an advantage singing high in my experience :wink: That's why I like them, they're more interesting! Also why I ended up singing sop 2 at school as I was the only one that could manage the part :colondollar: It's fun being in an SATB choir though, I'm used to SSA as I went to a girls school :eek: Mix both parts? And see if anyone notices :tongue:

So it didn't really :s-smilie: It's like that sometimes, no idea why :dontknow: Should be good then, hopefully! Well good's kind of the wrong word but yeah, helpful... Probably be helpful to meet some people in a similar situation to you, too :smile:

Ooh coloured pens :moon: I might do sometime, it generally stresses me out more though so might not :getmecoat:

Will try them when I have more time, maybe tomorrow! I'll look forward to it, thanks :yep:

------------
Really not sure about today, don't think I can cope with 8+ hours of being awake, let alone with a load of people I don't really know and things, plus at least three in the car with my parents having a go at me :frown: Had no sleep at all either and it's not even like my sister's coming so I can hide with her, I'm on my own :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest