The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ScaryScience
Yeah have already freaked out in toilets today. Have a practical soon but tbh I want to hurt myself so not sure it's a good idea

I know they're not your favourites, but could you go hang out in the disability support office or similar for a while? Speaking to someone or just being around safe people might be a good idea.
Original post by purple-duck
Not silly, or at least not unusual at all :redface: If that makes any sense - I mean I've never "gone out" with anyone, but I've been upset/torn up over rejections for far too long :s-smilie: Know that that's not the same, but just don't be harsh on yourself about it - it's not silly/stupid to be upset over it - though at the same time I wouldn't recommend staying upset over it, though I'm not sure how you do that :colondollar:

Good :biggrin: Didn't realise Rob was up there too :smile: :woo:

:hi:
I'm afraid I can't comment at all on meds or CBT - though I know that others here have found them helpful I think :redface:
Mostly just wanted to say hi, and welcome to the thread! :smile:

Thanks :redface: (though sadly slightly gone down now :/) Will you see it when he moves in/go with him then?

:frown: I hope things are getting better now things are vaguely sorted? :redface:
Hope things improve for you soon either way :hugs:

:biggrin: Yeah I do :smile: Do you use steam? It is good :yep: :biggrin:

I hope you feel better soon. :hugs: His flat? Sorry my mind is a massive blank right now. :/

Everything is sorted and we're all feeling good. :smile:

Yes I do too. :biggrin: I play sims from it. :smile:
Reply 5502
Original post by Odd socks
My mum definitely isn't a fan of me not being straight, and I'm too scared to tell my dad. And my mum was ashamed of the fact I had a resit in first year, I know because she didn't want me to tell people Id passed it, because then they'd know that I had a resit. And then there's the whole resitting second year thing, which my mum started crying about last time I saw her :frown:

I don't know why the people in that thread hate me :frown: I was already sad about stuff and now I feel really awful and ****ty about myself :cry:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: It's probably best to give them time to get used to it? I'm terrible with parentt advice because my parents aren't that supportive but I guess I've just gotten used to it. But the stuff they are not ok with (not being straight, resitting) isn't something that makes you a disappointment and it's horrible your parents are making you feel that way :console:.

They are not in your life and they don't know you so try not to get yourself down about how they acted :hugs:.

I hope you're feeling better today :jumphug:.
I'm starting to worry about going back to uni. Haven't been too bad recently but it all sort of hit last night and just felt like such a failure, managed to convince myself I wouldn't be able to cope with it again would drop out and just do nothing with my life. I don't think my brain likes me very much. Mostly over it now, it's back to being background noise but am worried about what I'm going to do if I start to feel worse at uni since my mood has been getting worse for the last month.

Debating going to GP and seeing if they will increase my meds or start to taper them off because I don't know how much they're helping but I suspect they won't want to change them because psychiatrist prescribed them etc only I'm not going to get a change to see him before I go back to uni. When last meds I was on stopped working going off them made me feel much better so on that logic if I stop these meds my mood should get better. Just worrying if I'm wrong and I stop them mood will get worse. I guess worry about meds means I'm not worrying about uni.

Will try to do some of the work from first year later and see if it makes me feel better. Have to head into work first though, last shift :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Met 3rd year head tutor.

She said they doubt I can complete my 3rd year at all and now have to have a medical assessment on Monday to see if I'm fit enough to return to study.

I just want to cry :bawling:
Original post by Valvopus
I'm starting to worry about going back to uni. Haven't been too bad recently but it all sort of hit last night and just felt like such a failure, managed to convince myself I wouldn't be able to cope with it again would drop out and just do nothing with my life. I don't think my brain likes me very much. Mostly over it now, it's back to being background noise but am worried about what I'm going to do if I start to feel worse at uni since my mood has been getting worse for the last month.

Debating going to GP and seeing if they will increase my meds or start to taper them off because I don't know how much they're helping but I suspect they won't want to change them because psychiatrist prescribed them etc only I'm not going to get a change to see him before I go back to uni. When last meds I was on stopped working going off them made me feel much better so on that logic if I stop these meds my mood should get better. Just worrying if I'm wrong and I stop them mood will get worse. I guess worry about meds means I'm not worrying about uni.

Will try to do some of the work from first year later and see if it makes me feel better. Have to head into work first though, last shift :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it is worth going to the GP, because;
a) It might be useful to see what they suggest
b) Despite being prescribed by a psychiatrist, they still might be willing to increase.

I don't know if coming off meds just before going back to university is a good idea. Assuming the meds have helped in the past, I would personally:
- Try an increase in meds first
- If the increase in dosage doesn't help, then look into coming off them.
This way, you are trying something which has worked, before trying an unknown drug which might or might not work.

It is worth noting that if you really want to come off your current meds, then your G.P. should help you, as it is your decision if to take them or not, you just need their help to come off them without withdrawal.

Have you got any support in place for when you go back to uni?

Lastly, you can do this, we have faith in you :hugs:

(Sorry this message was a bit of a ramble, and had too many lists)
I'm really scared that I'm a terribly flawed person. I took the big five personality test, which is apparently considered far more valid by the scientific community than other personality tests, and got these results: RLUEI and egocentric.

Egocentric:

egocentric, self absorbed, not loyal, not generous, only concerned about those close to them, prone to bitterness, can ignore the rights of others, narcissist, meglomaniac, competitive, controlling, needs to have the upper hand in relationships, vain, materialistic, values individuality over loyalty, not afraid of conflict, would pursue a career that was harmful to others, believes the benefits of freedom outweigh the benefits of attachment, does not value organized religion, does not like to admit making mistakes, quick tempered, not traditional, tactless, blunt, suspicious, makes enemies, wants to be famous, prefers technical careers (law, engineering, medicine), prefers instant gratification, attracted to prestige, manipulative, influenced more by self than others, decisive

RLUEI:

avoidant, withdrawn, not usually happy, does not believe in human goodness, loner, moody, avoids crowds, depressed, overwhelmed by unpleasant feelings frequently, agnostic/atheistic tendencies, unsure where life is going, impatient, avoids eye contact, does not think things work out for the best, discontent, negative, suspicious of others, uncooperative, socially uncomfortable, hard to get to know, not punctual, low self confidence, pessimistic, lonely, does not finish work on time, does not like to lead, attracted to things associated with sadness, ambivalent about the problems of others, feels defective, fears failure, often bored, ambivalent about the suffering of others, unproductive, avoids unnecessary interaction, easily frustrated, does not finish many things, lower energy level, focuses on fantasies instead of reality, ambivalent about the needs of others, easily annoyed, rarely prepared, disorganized, quiet around strangers, slow to forgive, hard to understand, not that interested in others, skeptical, wounded at the core, self absorbed
Original post by furryface12

Yeah, do that too, I never notice :getmecoat: Did you really mean elf tit though? :lol: Well done! :biggrin: Yeah but you still did it :yep: Any particular education or just general?

It can be, it's also realllly bad the next day though if I've been too hyper the day before :sadnod: I would though, I didn't know the person that well but the whole extended family are there except my cousins and sister and we're doing other stuff while we're in the area too, they're talking about going to the pub afterwards now too which will make it even more awkward and long :frown: My dad said that if I'm too ill (physical, they don't know about mental :redface:) I don't have to go but everyone will be annoyed/upset if I don't and be asking me about it for months so I kind of have to :hide:

Sorry, bit of a rant there :colondollar:

I haven't seen a elf tit before :teehee: I meant left it...sorry :redface: I know right, quite happy with myself over that one! :biggrin: Just education in general, how about yourself? :h:

Well you'd have likely made your decision by now and so I hope you feel all right when you see this! Have some Duke hugs and if need be, I'm all digitalised ears :teehee: :hugs:

-----------------------------------------

I forgot to mention my official timetable for uni has been bestowed on me and it's pretty good. One problem though is an ickle clash where one lecture/seminar ends and another begins at the same time. Now I'm capable of many things, but teleportation is not one of them. Maybe I'll get that for Christmas :moon:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by superwolf
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: So sorry things have got that bad again. Have you discussed what the alternatives are? Maybe you can work out some extra support that might avoid hospitalisation?

Hello beautiful! :love: Thanks for having me, I had an awesome time. Missing you already! :tongue:

I dont think so, they want to start me on clozapine because Im not coping at all and that means spending 4-6 weeks in hospital. :cry2: I'm so scared- they told me 4-6 weeks the first time and it ended up being 7 months. :cry: And in that 7 months I had 3 visitors- it was so isolating and kind of showed me how few people actually gave a damn which wasnt nice. :cry2:
Original post by IDukem
I haven't seen a elf tit before

:lolwut:

Wtf have I walked in on dukey? :tongue:
Trying to be a grownup and paying off bills and its proper confusing!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tasha96
I dont think so, they want to start me on clozapine because Im not coping at all and that means spending 4-6 weeks in hospital. :cry2: I'm so scared- they told me 4-6 weeks the first time and it ended up being 7 months. :cry: And in that 7 months I had 3 visitors- it was so isolating and kind of showed me how few people actually gave a damn which wasnt nice. :cry2:

:frown: I really hope you can avoid it, hospital really should be kept as a last resort! Would you be able to attend college at all, or would that have to stop? I know it's not quite the same, but please know that we on here really do care a lot about you, and hate to see that you're suffering. :console:
Freaking out so ****ing much
Original post by ScaryScience
Freaking out so ****ing much

:hugs: How can we help?
:frown: I really hope you can avoid it, hospital really should be kept as a last resort! Would you be able to attend college at all, or would that have to stop? I know it's not quite the same, but please know that we on here really do care a lot about you, and hate to see that you're suffering. :console:

Thanks lovely but I think its a certainty at the moment- it has to be started in hospital. :cry2: And I'd have to stop college, but would be allowed to take work in. :frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by tasha96
:lolwut:

Wtf have I walked in on dukey? :tongue:

I made a typo in the previous post to furryface, and she asked whether I meant to have put elf tit :mmm:

Don't worry, elves aren't my type :rofl:
:hugs: How can we help?

I need to go home but cant. Can't see people can't make myself walk twenty minutes cant do it. So anxious and I feel like things aren't safe it's ridiculous
I don't want to be a narcissist. What should I do? :frown:
Original post by IDukem
I made a typo in the previous post to furryface, and she asked whether I meant to have put elf tit :mmm:

Don't worry, elves aren't my type :rofl:

:nothing:

I have my eye on you sir... I might have to get my SPEW badge out... :hmmm:

:tongue:

:loveduck:
Hello?!

Please will someone help me. I don't want to suffer with this illness anymore.

Latest