The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jem +
Doing Triple Science - Our Exam Board is AQA.
I believe we have them next year however, unfortunately I'm not 100% sure what date exactly we will be taking them.

Original post by Mr...

I haven't dome any yet :no: however I am on AQA though...

What do you want to figure out?

Thanks both! :biggrin:

Just for something I'm trying to get ready for the Study Help mods... :tongue:
Original post by Bullscheiße
Hey Jem, I'm also on AQA for Triple Science, have you got any exams this year? What topics are you currently studying?

For the record I take German GCSE. Surprised how you got away with the amazing name :wink:

And do you want me to talk about each subject (Bio/Chem/Physics) separately? (I'm hoping you'll say yes as we're covering so many topics for me to "generalise"/ :3 ).
(>‿◠)✌
Original post by Jem +
For the record I take German GCSE. Surprised how you got away with the amazing name :wink:

And do you want me to talk about each subject (Bio/Chem/Physics) separately? (I'm hoping you'll say yes as we're covering so many topics for me to "generalise"/ :3 ).
(>‿◠)✌

Thanks!
The people who run this site have know knowledge of German? :tongue:
I'm currently doing biology and I've covered 1.1 to 2.5 in the textbook. You?
Original post by Mr...
:ahee:
:crazy:

Okily Dokily :tongue:

:five: I only have mine at the end of next year...
Physics: Conduction/Convection
Chemistry: Limestone Cycle
Biology: Immune System

Because I have all my biology exams at the end of the year, I'm only doing biology for almost all of year 10... I HATE biology! :mad:
Hey Jem, I'm also on AQA for Triple Science, have you got any exams this year? What topics are you currently studying?

And as for exams - i think we have them at the end of the year.
I have a Physics exam on Tuesday actually woooo (nothing serious, just one about all the topics - we're doing Thermal Radiation, Convection & Conduction, Specific Heat Capacity (I think that's what it's called :P) i.e. E = mcθ, uhhr energy in the home, Kinetic Theory,Heat Energy Transfer, Infrared, Thermal Emitters).

I think that's most of them - for Physics anyway.
Original post by Mr...
I find Biology the easiest of the 3 :yep:
Isn't your course linear though? :lolwut:

My course is linear - however I have mocks at the end of Year 10 for all my subjects . (and assessments at the end of each topic for the sciences).

Biology is a piece of cake. Chemistry is fairly easy. I find Physics boring zzzzzz
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mr...
I find Biology the easiest of the 3 :yep:
Isn't your course linear though? :lolwut:

We're only going to have one go at biology at the end of this year, without an opportunity for resits next year. I'm going to be doing chemistry and physics in year 11.
Original post by Mr...
Not yet :erm::erm:
Then you should go to bed earlier :fyi:

Female obviously. What gender confession were you going to make :confused:

Oh. It'll be fine. :hugs:
I try but I'm still out for a lot of the day. :frown:

Why... 'Obviously'? :holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr...
London rules :crazy:

Up until they move/you leave school :holmes:. I will miss the stories though :sad:
Imagine if one of them uses TSR and notices you and the comments :lol::ninja:

Weird but intriguing... :moon:
What song is it?

Nooooooo, London is way too crowded, I literally cannot breathe there. It's pretty though
We're only going to have one go at biology at the end of this year, without an opportunity for resits next year. I'm going to be doing chemistry and physics in year 11.

Good luck with your biology :smile:
Original post by Jem +
Good luck with your biology :smile:

Original post by skillzaismine
Nooooooo, London is way too crowded, I literally cannot breathe there. It's pretty though

To an extent I can agree. Crowded bus stops and the awful train rush in the morning (London Liverpool Street Station is a mESS) can be a nightmare.
Aside from that, it's pretty mediocre.
Original post by Jem +
To an extent I can agree. Crowded bus stops and the awful train rush in the morning (London Liverpool Street Station is a mESS) can be a nightmare.
Aside from that, it's pretty mediocre.

Woo!
To be fair though, I've only been there about 4 times, Birmingham is also a mess too however if you compare them London is worse:K:
Original post by Mr...

You seem very girly :fyi:

You mean central London...
There is a big difference between that and the rest of London :yep:

Oh, so do we :yep:

I don't find any of them easy, I just find some easier than others :yep:

Okay :biggrin:

Yesss, but it is a place where many tourists go. Apart from that, it's quite great.
Woo!
To be fair though, I've only been there about 4 times, Birmingham is also a mess too however if you compare them London is worse:K:

aha what parts of London did you visit? (I'm guessing Central?)
Original post by Jem +
aha what parts of London did you visit? (I'm guessing Central?)

I admit that, yes aye, but the amount of people there!!uGH
Original post by Mr...

Oh, so do we :yep:

I don't find any of them easy, I just find some easier than others :yep:

I find memorisation is key in the Sciences. I was an 'English Lit and History guy' pre-GCSEs.

However when they came it hit me like a truck. The content you need to remember and actually apply to the questions is considerably more difficult than science.

Oh! I'm having my CA for English Lit in a few weeks - they count as 25% of the final grade :/ Are you doing yours?
Original post by Mr...
Yep, that is the problem:

Tourists, generalise :sadnod:

some of them are so adorable but then there are others who are literally cray cray and they're so rude lmao. Like, it won't hurt to say "Excuse me" instead of suffocating me:rolleyes:
I admit that, yes aye, but the amount of people there!!uGH

Of course if you wind up in Piccadilly Circus, or in Westminster you're bound to be flooded by the onslaught of the tourists.

My school is in the middle of nowhere - more than an hour away from my house, so I rarely encounter tourists on my journey to school. (Investment bankers walking in £5000 suits, however are the norm)
Reply 5359

Latest