The Student Room Group

Has anyone noticed all these rich privileged feminists

Are Jewish? Facebook's Cheryl Sandberg, Youtube's Susan Wojcickiand Yahoo's Marissa Mayer are just three that come to my head.
Nope, but i have noticed that 90% of feminists are rich and privileged. You know, the ones always moaning about how "oppressed" they are in a 1st world country with a very high standard of living.

Edit - Probably more like 99%
Reply 2
Original post by Spetznaaz
Nope, but i have noticed that 90% of feminists are rich and privileged. You know, the ones always moaning about how "oppressed" they are in a 1st world country with a very high standard of living.

Edit - Probably more like 99%

Where do you get that statistic from? Any evidence?

What do you propose women do to achieve equality if you believe feminism isn't working?

The Jewish accusation is incredibly stupid IMO, but that's just me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by datpiff
Where do you get that statistic from? Any evidence?

What do you propose women do to achieve equality if you believe feminism isn't working?

The Jewish accusation is incredibly stupid IMO, but that's just me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I pulled that stat out my arse.

But in all reality, every feminist i ever hear about is privileged and from a well off family, and usually white.

What do you mean by equality? Men and women are not equal, in terms of man = woman being incorrect. It's like saying 1 = 2.

Should men and women have equal rights under the law? Yes, of course. Do women have equal rights as men in 1st world countries? Yes.

Well No actually, women have superior rights to men.
I pulled that stat out my arse.

But in all reality, every feminist i ever hear about is privileged and from a well off family, and usually white.

There is an entire field of feminism dedicated to critiques of other forms of feminism for being too upper/middle class centric or too white-centric and coming up with other feminist ideologies. Black feminism, muslim feminism, multi-cultural feminism, intersectional feminism, etc. You just need to actually read feminism and not look at just mass media :rolleyes:

What do you mean by equality? Men and women are not equal, in terms of man = woman being incorrect. It's like saying 1 = 2.

Should men and women have equal rights under the law? Yes, of course. Do women have equal rights as men in 1st world countries? Yes.

Well No actually, women have superior rights to men.

Equal does not mean same. Men and women are of equal value. If we put it in terms of math its like say 1+1 = 3-1. They are not the same but they have the same value.

I probably shouldn't even ask this...but how exactly do women have 'superior' rights than men? :curious:
Reply 5
It's usually the white middle class feminists that usually get all the media coverage. Black Feminists are less well known. Black feminists like Bell Hooks.

Feminism is much more complex than people think. There are lots of schools of thought. It isn't just your bra burning, send men to the fiery gates of hell sorts of feminists you see in the meeja.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
Many of the vocal feminazis on this forum have openly admitted being the rich daddy, white girl stereotype. It's just the leftist social warrior stage a lot of middle class white girls go through around this time of their life .

As for the famous ones, yeah a lot of them are jewish because jews tend to be very left wing and many of them get involved in political/societal issues. Marissa Mayer is neither jewish or a feminist though, in fact she's one of the best role models for girls who want to get to the top. A very refreshing alternative to the harpies who spend all day long whining about imaginary concepts like the glass ceiling and patriarchy.
Original post by RandZul'Zorander
There is an entire field of feminism dedicated to critiques of other forms of feminism for being too upper/middle class centric or too white-centric and coming up with other feminist ideologies. Black feminism, muslim feminism, multi-cultural feminism, intersectional feminism, etc. You just need to actually read feminism and not look at just mass media :rolleyes:

Equal does not mean same. Men and women are of equal value. If we put it in terms of math its like say 1+1 = 3-1. They are not the same but they have the same value.

I probably shouldn't even ask this...but how exactly do women have 'superior' rights than men? :curious:

The majority of feminists i see (especially on tsr) are as i described.. Okay, So maybe they are just the ones who shout the loudest, but either way it doesn't change the fact that many many feminists try and say they are oppressed in the U.K and the U.S which is simply not true.

Interesting analogy, and yes a human life is a human life, we have equal values as human beings. In terms of who's contributed more to society.. Well that's a matter of debate, but it doesn't change the fact that a life is a life, male or female, it is a persons character that determines their value imo.

Well the most blindingly obvious example is the well known fact that men receive much more severe punishments for a crime than a women would for an equal crime.

Then we have child custody etc.

I don't really look too much into it tbh, i know men and women are different and face different struggles in life, we all got problems.

What pisses me off is feminists whining about how hard they have it compared to men, playing the victim, calling men privileged when being a white western female they belong to one of the most privileged groups in the world and what really rustles my jimmies is when they go on about bull**** statistics like 1 in 1 women are raped, women earn 1p for every billion men earn.. You get my point.
The majority of feminists i see (especially on tsr) are as i described.. Okay, So maybe they are just the ones who shout the loudest, but either way it doesn't change the fact that many many feminists try and say they are oppressed in the U.K and the U.S which is simply not true.

I wouldn't say they are necessarily the ones who shout the loudest so much as the one's who are heard and listened to the most. If a lower class black woman were to say the same thing they would be ignored, however if someone who is high up and white they get more attention. Feminism has strong ties with both classism and racism and many other issues. This is why I stress that you may see a certain kind of feminist portrayed in the media etc but that does not mean that that is the epitome of feminism.

As far as women not being oppressed in the US or the UK....I would contest that.

Interesting analogy, and yes a human life is a human life, we have equal values as human beings. In terms of who's contributed more to society.. Well that's a matter of debate, but it doesn't change the fact that a life is a life, male or female, it is a persons character that determines their value imo.

I would agree that a person's character defines their overall value but their gender or sex shouldn't really be a defining factor. Particular in a modern society.

Well the most blindingly obvious example is the well known fact that men receive much more severe punishments for a crime than a women would for an equal crime.

Then we have child custody etc.

I will say that there are plenty of feminist critiques on the justice system and how it treats both men and women, both in sentencing and child custody. Many take the position that such practices stem from the push of women to be weaker, not being able to handle harsher sentences, or their nurturing nature (i.e. they should be the one's to raise children, or they don't need as severe punishment because it was obviously just something gone wrong).

I don't really look too much into it tbh, i know men and women are different and face different struggles in life, we all got problems.

What pisses me off is feminists whining about how hard they have it compared to men, playing the victim, calling men privileged when being a white western female they belong to one of the most privileged groups in the world and what really rustles my jimmies is when they go on about bull**** statistics like 1 in 1 women are raped, women earn 1p for every billion men earn.. You get my point.

Well I think it would benefit many people who espouse anti-feminist views to look into feminism. Because you will find so many subgroups which may share your convictions. I mean thats true unless your going to profess that there is no such thing as male privilege ever, etc.
Reply 9
A lot of these girls grew up reading about the civil rights struggle and other leftist causes....

They want their own cause to fight for, so feminism and homosexuality are the big causes they can fight for. Homosexuals have basically won, so feminist is their strongest cause right now.

I think quite a few are going to be fighting for tranny rights too.

This is why so many homosexual campaigners compare it to the civil rights movement in the US.
Reply 10
Emma watson is not jewish

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending