The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Prandtl
Probably Costa captain this week. Certainly one of the tougher bottom 13 teams to face but hopefully he's good for a goal.

I've got the problem of having to bench one of my front eight. It's currently between Sigurdsson and Sterling. Sensible choice looks to be Siggy even though it's a nice fixture. Merseyside derby should be highscoring just very afraid that Rodgers will be a dick and bench Sterling.

if it were me, I would bench stirling.. worried about him starting, and even playing well, considering he had 120 minutes of football midweek..
Original post by fallen_acorns
if it were me, I would bench stirling.. worried about him starting, and even playing well, considering he had 120 minutes of football midweek..

Yeah, I'm moving towards it. Seems strange benching ~9mil players though :tongue:
Original post by Prandtl
Yeah, I'm moving towards it. Seems strange benching ~9mil players though :tongue:

its tricky, because if it was 90 minutes, or nothing..

Then its an easy choice, have stirling in your team, and then if he does not play, siggy comes on.. job done.

But for me, starting him, if you have a choice not to, is just asking for rogers to do what he did the other week.. give him a few minuets at the end, and watch him get a single point in FF

I dont know, maybe he will start because its such a big game..

He will bein my team though, as I dont want to play my sub Chadli.. as I am an arsenal fan, and will not cheer for a spurs player to do well in the darby :wink:
There's no chance of Sterling being benched. We're talking about the Merseyside derby here, he'll be the first name on Brenton's teamsheet.
I've got to bench one of Ramsey/Tadic/Siggy/Ulloa - I'm finding it a very difficult decision. :holmes:
Original post by Ziggy Sawdust
I've got to bench one of Ramsey/Tadic/Siggy/Ulloa - I'm finding it a very difficult decision. :holmes:

Personally I'd bench Siggy or Ramsey.
Original post by paddyman4
Personally I'd bench Siggy or Ramsey.

On recent form one of those two would seem to be the most likely candidate. I don't know why though, but I think Ulloa might blank this gameweek. Having said that, I benched Ulloa last week and that didn't turn out so well. :rolleyes:
I still am calling a mass exodus of ramsey by people as they switch to sanchez.

Currently his stats just cover up that he has played awful this season, whereas sanchez is getting into his stride nicely, and getting a goal in nearly every game he plays at the moment..

Soon he will overtake ramsey in points, and hopefully keep going from there..
Looking forward to tommorow.. all the big games in 1 day - should be great.

After last weekend, I am now the highest I have been in my year and a bit on the TSR league, and the first weekend of finishing in the top10 :smile:

Tommorow should be good, or atleast entertaining even if my team has a meltdown and things go to **** :biggrin:

Cant wait
Looking forward to tommorow.. all the big games in 1 day - should be great.

After last weekend, I am now the highest I have been in my year and a bit on the TSR league, and the first weekend of finishing in the top10 :smile:

Tommorow should be good, or atleast entertaining even if my team has a meltdown and things go to **** :biggrin:

Cant wait

Liverpool vs everton early game
Chelsea vs Aston villa 3pm
Arsenal vs Spurs late game

What a glorious day.
I still am calling a mass exodus of ramsey by people as they switch to sanchez.

Currently his stats just cover up that he has played awful this season, whereas sanchez is getting into his stride nicely, and getting a goal in nearly every game he plays at the moment..

Soon he will overtake ramsey in points, and hopefully keep going from there..

Sanchez isn't worth it at 10.4 as it stands though imo. And the differential from Ramsey to Sanchez is 1.4m, which is something most people won't afford. Di Maria, Hazard, Fabregas, Sterling are four who will most likely get more value from money combined with points over the season. Welbeck's currently the value Arsenal attacking player, and looks like he will be that way for at least a few months with very little competition to being a lone front man. Walcott when he returns will also be excellent as an option.
Just went to update my team thinking the deadline is 12:15

Turns out it's 11:30 so I'm stuck with Lloris in goal vs Arsenal :redface:

Is it likely he'll actually get negative points, in which case I can switch to Myhill and get a guaranteed 0? :lol:
Schmeical and 2 Leicester defenders against Palace.
Pelle as captain against QPR.
Original post by Gob Bluth
Sanchez isn't worth it at 10.4 as it stands though imo. And the differential from Ramsey to Sanchez is 1.4m, which is something most people won't afford. Di Maria, Hazard, Fabregas, Sterling are four who will most likely get more value from money combined with points over the season. Welbeck's currently the value Arsenal attacking player, and looks like he will be that way for at least a few months with very little competition to being a lone front man. Walcott when he returns will also be excellent as an option.

I think your right, but for me, he is looking more and more like he is worth the money every week.. scored 4 goals in his last 4 starts now, and I can honeslty only see him get more, as arsenal hit good form (which must happen at some point)

Still confident there will be a point in the season when he is a must-have,

Although walcott would change that.. but honestly I am not sure how he will come back. He has been out so long now, who knows what he will be like when he returns..
Original post by cleveradam
Schmeical and 2 Leicester defenders against Palace.
Pelle as captain against QPR.

3 lecister defense? really? - I mean seems good this week, but surely that will hit you in the coming weeks as their fixtures are less seccure?

+ pelle captain though.. love that. :biggrin:
looking at the top10, we currently have:

Captain:

costa - 7
Di maria - 3

Going to be a battle between those two this week.. with some big shifts, unless they score a similar amount of points..
Original post by Nedum Onuoha
Just went to update my team thinking the deadline is 12:15

Turns out it's 11:30 so I'm stuck with Lloris in goal vs Arsenal :redface:

Is it likely he'll actually get negative points, in which case I can switch to Myhill and get a guaranteed 0? :lol:

For negative points he'll need to concede 4+, plus probably get booked or sent off. If Arsenal only score 1 then Lloris will score 2+ points. The + being the save points which I imagine he will get at least 1.

looking at the top10, we currently have:

Captain:

costa - 7
Di maria - 3

Going to be a battle between those two this week.. with some big shifts, unless they score a similar amount of points..

No. 11 is Costa as well. :ninja:

I was going to go for an AdM captain again but I like Chelsea v Villa more than United v West Scam. AdM will probably score but Costa will get a brace. Heard it here first.
Original post by SirMasterKey
For negative points he'll need to concede 4+, plus probably get booked or sent off. If Arsenal only score 1 then Lloris will score 2+ points. The + being the save points which I imagine he will get at least 1.

Cheers, too late to change now of course but I did keep Lloris. Both games last year he only conceded 1 so it should be alright.
Original post by Nedum Onuoha
Cheers, too late to change now of course but I did keep Lloris. Both games last year he only conceded 1 so it should be alright.

Good. Always play the keeper who is going to play. Simples.
starting line-ups look good to me.. happy to see mata not play,as hopefully that will just put more creative emphasis on di maria..

Costa starts as expected.. so its down to these two for the captain battle..

Quick Reply

Latest