The Student Room Group

Nottingham A100 2015 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Thanks and good luck:smile:
Original post by mister K
without sounding stupid is 49/55 in your opinion likely to be good enough to get to the reading of the ps and references.

thanks

probably yes :smile:
Reply 182
What about 45? I know it's risky, but do you think it's a wasted application?
Original post by joolsm
What about 45? I know it's risky, but do you think it's a wasted application?

I really dont know. When I applied I knew nothing abt Nottingham policy so I cant really say.
All I can say is that Nottingham is the best med school ever :biggrin:
Reply 184
Original post by Sycopation
Same score as me, despite my 767.5 ukcat :s lets just boss the ps :d

Posted from TSR Mobile

I like your thinking! I think I may put it as my risky one.
So do they consider your points first and then consider your UKCAT score separately as well? Think I got 50/55 and 722.5 UKCAT average

Posted from TSR Mobile
GCSE - 8A* 4A
FSMQ Additional Maths - A
AS-levels - AAAA
Predicted - AAA but can probably be higher, doing EPQ as well

UKCAT overall 2690, avg 672.5

Should I apply to Nottingham? :/
Original post by boods8897
So do they consider your points first and then consider your UKCAT score separately as well? Think I got 50/55 and 722.5 UKCAT average

Posted from TSR Mobile

i guess Nottingham is a safe option for you then
Original post by pinkgorilla
I am thinking of applying here and I have got a score of 49/55. Is this good enough to secure an interview?

How have you worked out your score? Also do you think I would stand a chance of interview if I have 11A* at GCSE and a UKCAT of 697.5 2790 total?

Reply 189
Original post by lulagirl15
How have you worked out your score? Also do you think I would stand a chance of interview if I have 11A* at GCSE and a UKCAT of 697.5 2790 total?

You would have 16/16 for your GCSE score (assuming the 11 A* include Eng/Maths/Sci). Your UKCAT score would depend on your individual subtest scores - see a few posts above for how to calculate. I would assume you have at least 48/49 in total.
Original post by alex193

Not as far as I'm aware, A* > A > B. Personal statement was given a score using a rather complucated system, it's worth about the same as GCSEs if I remember correctly but the UKCAT is now 71% of the pre-interview score now so they're both minor compared to that. Yep, haven't heard anything to suggest that they've dropped the questionnaire.

When I went to the talk at open day they said that they had dropped the questionnaire! Hope that helps
Original post by alex193
Hmm, they've very recently updated the page to say "We are working towards implementing the multi-mini interview format for 2015/16 entry with four mini stations. We will add more information on the station formats shortly."

So watch this space I guess!

When I went to the talk at open day the lady said that they are using MMI with 6 different stations which will increase to 12 different stations for next year!
Reply 192
Original post by lulagirl15
When I went to the talk at open day the lady said that they are using MMI with 6 different stations which will increase to 12 different stations for next year!

In my talk at open day they said there will be 4 MMI stations this year, and 8 every year after that.
Original post by joolsm
In my talk at open day they said there will be 4 MMI stations this year, and 8 every year after that.

Sorry I just checked and I meant 4, such a strange number, I wonder how they will do it based on only 4 stations.
I'm thinking of applying to Nottingham but I'm not sure how risky it would be with my GCSE's. GCSES- 5 A*, 4 A's and 1 B UKCAT- 2850 with band 1 A levels- A*A*A* On the scoring system I achieved 47/55 but I'm worried it's a bit of a risk. I'm already applying to Hull-York which is of a similar scoring. Also what's clinical experience like? is there a lot of exposure during the first year? Thanks for any help :smile:
Original post by Becky.96
I'm thinking of applying to Nottingham but I'm not sure how risky it would be with my GCSE's. GCSES- 5 A*, 4 A's and 1 B UKCAT- 2850 with band 1 A levels- A*A*A* On the scoring system I achieved 47/55 but I'm worried it's a bit of a risk. I'm already applying to Hull-York which is of a similar scoring. Also what's clinical experience like? is there a lot of exposure during the first year? Thanks for any help :smile:

My first hospital visit is on Tuesday :smile:
Hi guys
I really want to apply here but I'm sure if my score of 49/55 is good enough
Would really appreciate any advice on this
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
What are my chances with a score of 46/55?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I scored 48/55 with AAA at A2 and 7A*'s 3A's at IGCSE
What was the minimum cut-off score last year for Stage 1?
I'm not sure if that's good enough as many applicants must be getting 50+
Original post by brbwafflesyay
I scored 48/55 with AAA at A2 and 7A*'s 3A's at IGCSE
What was the minimum cut-off score last year for Stage 1?
I'm not sure if that's good enough as many applicants must be getting 50+

Last year here was a different type of scoring

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending