nice one...
Original post by Lúcio
united score a decent goal.
nice one...

And West Ham missed a sitter...
Original post by samir12
And West Ham missed a sitter...

this is not a good weekend.

at this point i'm hoping arsenal win later because looking at us so far we're more likely to be fighting everton/spurs/united for 4th than arsenal for 3rd.

inevitably, arsenal will lose with united, chelsea and city winning.
might just go hide.
Reply 3203
we should have taken the risk on Remy. Balotelli will make one tackle then think his work is done and stand still for the next half an hour. I was outraged when we had that chance to counter and he just stood there watching everybody go past.
balotelli isn't good enough, simple as that
can't wait for sturridge to come back, we'll get better no doubt about it
Original post by CB91
Youre always beyond raging after every non-win. Chill out bro.

We're throwing away points left, right and enter in a vitally important season. Not finishing top four this season would be a travesty, ruining all that hardwork from last year if we can't build on it and end up back into the runt we've been in over the last few years.

And SUG I already knew most of that, it's been apparent throughout the season so far and look how we're doing.
Lmfao Lucio, I'm so late but I just came back from the shops and saw how it ended. Harsh!
Original post by Quickmedicalhelp
What is actually worrying though is that Balo has had about 5 or 6 sitters for us already and he's missed them all.

Never mind the other gaps in his striking play (and I mean striking play, not his build up play or work rate which have been fine), but we can't thrive with a striker just missing sitters all the time. He missed one today, missed one against Ludo, missed three against Spurs, and I tried to erase the Villa and Wham games from my mind but I think there was one in there too.

It's not good enough.

People need to stop attacking Balo here. Yes for an instant impact Remy would have been a better signing but you knew what you were getting when you signed him. Balo is a long term project for BR, you shouldn't expect instant fireworks.

From what we've seen so far he's been getting in to the right positions and his hold up play has been average. He still has a attribute problem imo. He gets tackled and stays down expecting a free kick when he should be up trying to win the ball back.

Like I said turning Balo into a consistent world class player who works harder for the team will take time
Turning Balotelli into a work hard player, Mourinho couldn't do that if he couldn't then who could?

Sturridge is clearly the teams best player. I know you love Sterling but results will come when Sturridge comes back.
Original post by sevchenko
People need to stop attacking Balo here. Yes for an instant impact Remy would have been a better signing but you knew what you were getting when you signed him. Balo is a long term project for BR, you shouldn't expect instant fireworks.

From what we've seen so far he's been getting in to the right positions and his hold up play has been average. He still has a attribute problem imo. He gets tackled and stays down expecting a free kick when he should be up trying to win the ball back.

Like I said turning Balo into a consistent world class player who works harder for the team will take time

I have said that literally every time when people have questoned him. We shouldn't expect him to be scoring 30 yard bangers and ridiculous flicks from day one.

We SHOULD be expecting more goals so far given how many sitters he had set up for him though.
at least we're ahead of everton...
Original post by Lúcio
take the best players out of any side and they look average...

You take Yaya Toure and Kompany away from City and they still would easily finish top 3.
You take Fabregas and Costa away from Chelsea and they still would easily finish top 3.
Liverpool have no depth in the squad.
So now we're behind all of our rivals...
Original post by cleveradam
You take Yaya Toure and Kompany away from City and they still would easily finish top 3.
You take Fabregas and Costa away from Chelsea and they still would easily finish top 3.

This essentially.

Tbh a draw vs Everton isn't too bad. Liverpool have had a harder fixture list than United, we'll have today to see if Spurs are a threat for top 4 but the race for 4th is looking hard to see the picture. It's easy to see the picture for top 2 but Arsenal could get into there if they can get some results going.

As far as I'm concerned the league is most likely Chelsea's.
So now we're behind all of our rivals...

Harder fixture list than United, but you may need to watch out for Spurs.

It's a weird season but I wouldn't say it's that terrible so far. Arsenal have had worse starts to a season and still made top 4.

Original post by The.Joker
One thing that concerns me is that sometimes when we are attacking the movement up front is really static. Last year there were players darting about, making runs and being available but now there's hardly anyone making runs. Then we end up passing the ball back to the defence or sideways.

Balotelli really needs to learn to make those runs, whenever he gets the ball we lose momentum since he dawdles on it. But that lack of movement up front should improve when Sturridge is back into the team.

While no Suarez clearly is affecting you guys, I think people have underestimated the effect that Sturridge has had on the team. Sturridge coming in was what turned you lot around and Suarez alone when Sturridge was injured coincided with defeats to City and Chelsea which was what costed you the title.

When he comes back he'll start firing.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by cleveradam

what do you expect?
a few seasons back we were finishing 7th and had no european football.
we have one amazing year, finish second and you suddenly expect us to have a team with amazing depth after a single transfer window?
yes we spent money but that was merely to gather enough players to actually cope with the physical demands of these extra games; when you're buying that many players you can't afford to buy top quality for every single one (unless you're man united).

it's idiotic to expect that we would suddenly have the resources and the pull to in a single transfer window create a squad with the depth of city or chelsea.
I have said that literally every time when people have questoned him. We shouldn't expect him to be scoring 30 yard bangers and ridiculous flicks from day one.

We SHOULD be expecting more goals so far given how many sitters he had set up for him though.

No-one expects him to constantly shoot from ridiculous positions yet alone score them.

You'd expect that we'll see better from him when he starts playing with Sturridge more as it was obvious even before he signed for us that he's not suited to playing up top on his own. Should be at least fit for the bench for the Champions League I believe? Can't ****ing wait

Awful week of football again.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jam278
As far as I'm concerned the league is most likely Chelsea's.

most likely, lol.
you just brushed aside a team that pick up most of their points away from home and who had a crrazily good start to the season.
you're a level above city and a few more above the rest of us.
you bought exactly what you needed; this year will be a walkover.
Why the **** didn't we sign Diego ****ing costa
Original post by Lúcio
what do you expect?
a few seasons back we were finishing 7th and had no european football.
we have one amazing year, finish second and you suddenly expect us to have a team with amazing depth after a single transfer window?
yes we spent money but that was merely to gather enough players to actually cope with the physical demands of these extra games; when you're buying that many players you can't afford to buy top quality for every single one (unless you're man united).

it's idiotic to expect that we would suddenly have the resources and the pull to in a single transfer window create a squad with the depth of city or chelsea.

Chelsea finished 6th, spent around the same amount you spent in the summer and got Hazard, Oscar, moses, Azpilicueta. In reality you should have done a bit more with that money.

You lot have wasted money in just buying youth and hoping for them to gel, defence is sorted personnel wise but you've become a bit fruitless in attack without SAS. Got a marquee signing in Balotelli but the key to your season is getting Sturridge fit. He's the key man now.

You'll still make 3rd though. Fixture list hasn't been kind on you, it's been semi kind on United but you see them getting domed as soon as the hard fixtures hit them.

Quick Reply

Latest