The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I am in year 11 too and I haven't even started revision yet :frown: Has any of you started and can you guys give me some tips on how to? I am so nervous about the English Language GCSE cause I find it so hard and I will be so happy with an A! Tips appreciated for English GCSE guys! Goood luck to all!
Original post by Strom
I think so! Mocks are fun awnyway :smile: Just pray that they don't coincide with an important speaking/writing test :s-smilie:

We've kind of had them every year but now they kind of go towards something... Properly. :eek: Hoping, fingers crossed. Going to look at coursework timetable now. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Strom
I think so! Mocks are fun awnyway :smile: Just pray that they don't coincide with an important speaking/writing test :s-smilie:

I failed a lot of mocks completely, yet teachers still have faith in me :wink: Yeah, I started revision like 10 days ago? 1 week after school started :smile: better to start now than when its too late xD got mocks in Nov too
Original post by karmacrunch
That's right. Aristotle. :tongue:
Enjoying it so far?

7 months? Eww... I've just remembered that I'll have mocks around then. :lolwut:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I'm loving it :smile: mocks in everything?
Original post by vd12345
Yeah I'm loving it :smile: mocks in everything?

That's great!
Yep, mocks in everything! We might actually have some in Jan/Feb as well. Then mocks in Year 11... :eek::tongue:

I'm going offline now but ttyl! :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by karmacrunch
That's great!
Yep, mocks in everything! We might actually have some in Jan/Feb as well. Then mocks in Year 11... :eek::tongue:

I'm going offline now but ttyl! :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm off too
Original post by vd12345
I failed a lot of mocks completely, yet teachers still have faith in me :wink: Yeah, I started revision like 10 days ago? 1 week after school started :smile: better to start now than when its too late xD got mocks in Nov too

My mocks are in Jan :colone:
Original post by katebeckett
I am in year 11 too and I haven't even started revision yet :frown: Has any of you started and can you guys give me some tips on how to? I am so nervous about the English Language GCSE cause I find it so hard and I will be so happy with an A! Tips appreciated for English GCSE guys! Goood luck to all!

I've started revision :wink: I have tips for revision in general but not English language.. Sorry
Original post by Strom
My mocks are in Jan :colone:

I have Nov and Jan mocks for some strange reason
Original post by katebeckett

Make sure you do well in your controlled assessment for now, you just have to plan ahead for them at home using what you do in class to get top marks. I'm at 50/50 at the moment we just have creating writing left because we started in Y10, so I wouldn't worry much about the exam yet considering ELang isn't a syllabus you just revise from, you have to learn how to do each question individually before you sit a whole exam. There's not much to revise per se, but plan bit by bit at home, when your teacher tells you to write a paragraph do it in detail (chances are you'll end up using it in your CA!) and only if you do well in your controlled assessments will you set yourself up well for the exam!
Is anyone else completely terrified of Sixth Form?

I'm thinking of taking Double Maths, Physics, Computer Science and Electronics, but I'm afraid that I will explode.
Original post by Exherion
Is anyone else completely terrified of Sixth Form?

I'm thinking of taking Double Maths, Physics, Computer Science and Electronics, but I'm afraid that I will explode.

Not terrified.. Excited.. I'm hoping to move sixth forms
Reply 1512
Original post by vd12345
Not terrified.. Excited.. I'm hoping to move sixth forms

Same! can't wait for sixth form :biggrin:
Original post by Strom
Maths, Physics & Chemistry :biggrin: No idea what order though :colone:

high five for chemistry :biggrin: and maybe maths... physics not that much - i can do it and live but just don't find it very 'stimulating' -maybe it's the teachers or (most likely) its my lack of concentration :colondollar: won't tell my teachers that tho... :wink:
Original post by turn-to-page394
high five for chemistry :biggrin: and maybe maths... physics not that much - i can do it and live but just don't find it very 'stimulating' -maybe it's the teachers or (most likely) its my lack of concentration :colondollar: won't tell my teachers that tho... :wink:

Nice! :mmm: What do you like about chemistry?
Original post by Strom
Nice! :mmm: What do you like about chemistry?

I am a pyromaniac. I think it is self explanatory.

haha, joking :biggrin:

I guess I like how it's logical and requires a bit more understanding than a lot of my other subjects in which it's just rote-learning. Also, all the pretty colours in experiments - I am the kind of person who gets easily bored and needs the 'activeness'.... Not the greatest reason but the most valid for me, in any case. :biggrin:
Anyone applying for Independent Colleges such as Eton, Winchester and city of London school
Wait... People have already started revising?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tryrevise
Wait... People have already started revising?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I'm revising all year 10 content atm, and balancing it with my year 11 topic test revision, CA's/ISA's, and homework. I have to work hard now, but It'll reduce workload/stress closer to exams, hopefully giving me more breathing space and time to practice exam technique with past papers.
Original post by vd12345
Yeah, I'm revising all year 10 content atm, and balancing it with my year 11 topic test revision, CA's/ISA's, and homework. I have to work hard now, but It'll reduce workload/stress closer to exams, hopefully giving me more breathing space and time to practice exam technique with past papers.

See, I'd like to do that, but I really can't fit it in next to year 11 work :frown: how do you find the time! When do you sleep?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest