The Student Room Group

A2-Level ISA?

I realise the ISA's are not for ages (March-April time) but I just wanted some advice from people who did the AQA A2 Biology (or Human Biology) ISA and got a really high mark. What did you do to get a good grade?

I can't work it out. The questions are so vague but the answers in the mark scheme are so specific, I just don't know how to approach it.
Original post by snikutsmullac
I realise the ISA's are not for ages (March-April time) but I just wanted some advice from people who did the AQA A2 Biology (or Human Biology) ISA and got a really high mark. What did you do to get a good grade?

I can't work it out. The questions are so vague but the answers in the mark scheme are so specific, I just don't know how to approach it.

The questions will tend to be very specific, and you'll often have to read it 2/3 times to try and understand what it is asking for. The wording may even try to throw you off. I know a lot of candidates will often struggle in the difference between 'explain' and 'describe' questions.

You'll have to learn the definitions of key words, control variables, dependent variables, validity, accuracy ect... And as far as I remember, you'll have to cover various statistical tests including Spearman's rank. But you should cover this in your lessons.
Original post by Eloades11
The questions will tend to be very specific, and you'll often have to read it 2/3 times to try and understand what it is asking for. The wording may even try to throw you off. I know a lot of candidates will often struggle in the difference between 'explain' and 'describe' questions.

You'll have to learn the definitions of key words, control variables, dependent variables, validity, accuracy ect... And as far as I remember, you'll have to cover various statistical tests including Spearman's rank. But you should cover this in your lessons.

Thanks. I will bear all of this in mind.

Quick Reply

Latest