The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

time for the meltdown.. :frown:
Great play from Welbeck though loved his little dummy so Ox can score :lol:
we have the shortest team in the world lool it really showed today we had 30000 corners today and didnt convert any of them into goals or at least decent shots. smh.That needs to be worked on. We shouldve won. Chelsea next week will be sickening I cant...
Reply 483
Original post by fallen_acorns
before today, he had scored 4 in his last 4 starts, and was looking good.. (not great, but for a new player he was posting good numbers of goals)

He gets dropped for 2 PL games though, so that wenger can complete his obsession of playing a team made up entierly of central attacking mids..

Well Alexis can be a centre attacking mid too lol...

Think it was to rest him for Chelsea tbh. Must be a fitness issue
Original post by AR_95
Well Alexis can be a centre attacking mid too lol...

Think it was to rest him for Chelsea tbh. Must be a fitness issue

To be hoenst, this was a huge game, top6 oposition, and a derby, no excuse to rest him for this game..

(especailly when lets be honest, we are not winning against chelsea no matter who plays)
Original post by swarly
its a joke.

cant beat ONE OF THE WORST Spurs sides in recent years AT HOME.
and yet some expect to beat utd.

Spoiler

They'd still need a striker and a couple of defenders
To be hoenst, this was a huge game, top6 oposition, and a derby, no excuse to rest him for this game..

(especailly when lets be honest, we are not winning against chelsea no matter who plays)

I love your passion and everything but sometimes take it easy! It's not all doom and gloom acorns, however I do agree that it's 2 points dropped rather than 1 point gained. Resting Alexis wasn't all that bad though, I see what Arsene thinking for the next game.
https://vine.co/v/OZX6P1nw72g

I love Danny but this is just hilarious.
Original post by jam278
This was the Sanchez I watched at Barca. Frustrating player. His passing in the final third is suspect, finishing is suspect, crossing is suspect, dribbling when not in space is suspect. He dwells on the ball almost Gervinho style.

The real Alexis that I saw at Barca has come out.

Tell me what forward player do you know at a club who has won the CL numerous times gets his first league goal in February?

I looked up Torres and his goal against West Ham was in April. Who you talking about?
Original post by Kenan and Kel
I looked up Torres and his goal against West Ham was in April. Who you talking about?

Parasite came into the club in january and scored 9 goals for Pool before joining Chelsea.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
I love your passion and everything but sometimes take it easy! It's not all doom and gloom acorns, however I do agree that it's 2 points dropped rather than 1 point gained. Resting Alexis wasn't all that bad though, I see what Arsene thinking for the next game.

Lol, Prod you make me laugh.

I'm failing to see how you can be nothing other than apoplectic with that performance. We are shocking, against an awful Spurs team we should be battering them. If he wanted to rest Alexis, it should have been against Southampton in the COC, not today when we needed his dynamism more than ever. Today's line up was a noob move by Wenger (not the first time) and I am dreading going to Chelsea next week, the beating we will receive will be like the one Lupita caught in 12 Years A Slave.

Also, Flamini, please go away.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 491

Wenger ain't gonna stop until he gets a win against Mourinho
Great play from Welbeck though loved his little dummy so Ox can score :lol:

*Welé GET IT RIGHT PROD.
Ozil was amazing today :biggrin:
I'm sad, Arsenal make me sad :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Peggles_*
Lol, Prod you make me laugh.

I'm failing to see how you can be nothing other than apoplectic with that performance. We are shocking, against an awful Spurs team we should be battering them. If he wanted to rest Alexis, it should have been against Southampton in the COC, not today when we needed his dynamism more than ever. Today's line up was a noob move by Wenger (not the first time) and I am dreading going to Chelsea next week, the beating we will receive will be like the one Lupita caught in 12 Years A Slave.

Also, Flamini, please go away.

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's always so many negatives with you! Did I say it was a great performance? No. It wasn't at all but that doesn't mean we were pathetic. Only thing I can say is that we were absolutely woeful from set pieces. How many corners did we take? About ten or more and not a single one rattled Lloris' cages bar the mertasacker chance.

And in regards to the Chelsea game I think I've been one of the people on here winging about how we're going to get battered. We were exposed numerous times in this game but because spurs don't play well we got lucky.

Overall it's been a disappointing result especially with next's weeks fixtures but I still don't really see the point of killing ourselves over it.

Original post by Kruz
*Welé GET IT RIGHT PROD.

What it's wele now?

Original post by deborarosa
Ozil was amazing today :biggrin:

He was just there.
Need Walcott back
There's always so many negatives with you! Did I say it was a great performance? No. It wasn't at all but that doesn't mean we were pathetic. Only thing I can say is that we were absolutely woeful from set pieces. How many corners did we take? About ten or more and not a single one rattled Lloris' cages bar the mertasacker chance.

And in regards to the Chelsea game I think I've been one of the people on here winging about how we're going to get battered. We were exposed numerous times in this game but because spurs don't play well we got lucky.

Overall it's been a disappointing result especially with next's weeks fixtures but I still don't really see the point of killing ourselves over it.

What it's wele now?

He was just there.

Original post by weeknd5000
Need Walcott back

Not sure what Theo could have added tonite. Spuds were well organized and had a solid game plan, they didn't really allow Arsenal space in behind. I think Ox's agility was well suited for this game.

On a side note wrt Theo so many people were angry when he got his contract renewal but now it tuns out we've missed him so much.
(edited 9 years ago)
Most likely scenario next week

Chelsea win against us
United beat Everton

United go above us by a point. That would just ruin life.

Now I see why death was more preferred than anything other than a win today...

Latest