The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Mate you know what I meant although I probably should have said 'regular starters' rather than competent. Jones, Smalling and Evans basically.

They're still going to be conceding goals left right and centre. It makes no difference.
Original post by jam278
Where will they strengthen. Strootman isn't going to do much when the defence is still so terrible.

was mainly worried about them buying in some decent defenders, and an extra mid..

If they could settle in all of those players, they would have a pretty complete looking team.

Its crazy though, I should not be worrying about arsenal with how poor spurs, united, liverpool and everton look..

Yet we look nearly as bad..

Mean while city manage to grind out the results they need to keep in touch, and you guys at chelsea look like storming the league..

You seem to have made progress, city look the same to me, and arsenal+liverpool seem to have regressed badly over the summer
Original post by fallen_acorns
not sure they really have compotent defenders - I watched their game today, and that 19 year old lad looked better then most of their older regulars..

My only worry with united is that they strengthen in january, and go crazy for the 2nd half of the season..

Wheras we sit still and not improve in january..

Definitely, was reading their thread a few hours ago and a lot of them seemed to be confident of a huge January signings but of course though what person won't spend when your defence literally screams 'HELP'! They'll most likely get another winger too apparently.

Not much hope for the Jan window at all, we'll probably get some unknown defender on the last day after being linked with everybody.
Original post by jam278
They're still going to be conceding goals left right and centre. It makes no difference.

It's better than what they've been using these last few games.
not sure they really have compotent defenders - I watched their game today, and that 19 year old lad looked better then most of their older regulars..

My only worry with united is that they strengthen in january, and go crazy for the 2nd half of the season..

Wheras we sit still and not improve in january..

Maybe we'll strengthen in January.

It's better than what they've been using these last few games.

Not really, the defence that conceded 5 to leicester only had one guy who was not a supposed regular in the defence and considering Smalling came on and did badly it's not Blacketts fault for this result.

Evans is a joke of a defender, same for Smalling and Jones gets away with murder tbh. Too early to make a call on Rojo ofc.
Reply 526
lel low da ignance
I'm dreading next weekend, will be interesting to see how Wenger sets us up. Either we get put down humanely or brutally slaughtered.
was mainly worried about them buying in some decent defenders, and an extra mid..

If they could settle in all of those players, they would have a pretty complete looking team.

Its crazy though, I should not be worrying about arsenal with how poor spurs, united, liverpool and everton look..

Yet we look nearly as bad..

Mean while city manage to grind out the results they need to keep in touch, and you guys at chelsea look like storming the league..

You seem to have made progress, city look the same to me, and arsenal+liverpool seem to have regressed badly over the summer

Arsenal will be fine again. You lot are pretty shocking though but the rest are disgracing the league just as much. Like Pool as they do well in CL, United generally get into the quarters too but they're a mixed bag.

I only want the teams that will do the best in the CL tbh. I genuinely don't care about the premier league. I want the big ears. Winning the domestic double or domestic treble still annoys me. In 2010 e.g. had we beat Inter who knows.
Reply 529
Original post by De Chirico
I'm dreading next weekend, will be interesting to see how Wenger sets us up. Either we get put down humanely or brutally slaughtered.

bare peak to concede to Salah of all people too. wtf.

swear ive seen him driving an ice cream van round Holborn too.
Original post by jam278
Not really, the defence that conceded 5 to leicester only had one guy who was not a supposed regular in the defence and considering Smalling came on and did badly it's not Blacketts fault for this result.

Evans is a joke of a defender, same for Smalling and Jones gets away with murder tbh. Too early to make a call on Rojo ofc.

Either way Jam they'll strengthen in Jan. Big time I reckon, then they'll go ham.
Lmfao ^^^
Original post by swarly
bare peak to concede to Salah of all people too. wtf.

swear ive seen him driving an ice cream van round Holborn too.

Yeah when Salah scored thats when it's peak for you guys.

Heck when Mourinho puts on his perennial bench heater against you guys in a crucial league fixture that's when it's peak for you man.

Wonder how Liverpool felt losing to Chelsea B?
Either way Jam they'll strengthen in Jan. Big time I reckon, then they'll go ham.

Nice rhyme :smile:
Original post by jam278
Arsenal will be fine again. You lot are pretty shocking though but the rest are disgracing the league just as much. Like Pool as they do well in CL, United generally get into the quarters too but they're a mixed bag.

I only want the teams that will do the best in the CL tbh. I genuinely don't care about the premier league. I want the big ears. Winning the domestic double or domestic treble still annoys me. In 2010 e.g. had we beat Inter who knows.

Not really, since getting our new signings in we would've won 3/3 with correct decisions
Original post by FabioCannavaro
Not really, since getting our new signings in we would've won 3/3 with correct decisions

lol United are disgraceful, still no goal for Falcao.

Another viewpoint would be that you are still **** despite your new signings.
Original post by De Chirico
Another viewpoint would be that you are still **** despite your new signings.

I don't see how 3 wins out of 3 could be called **** really
Original post by jam278
lol United are disgraceful, still no goal for Falcao.

2 assists in about 160 mins of football. That's a better record than Fabregas :smile:
2 assists in about 160 mins of football. That's a better record than Fabregas :smile:

Not in the slightest. See how many assists Fab has already had this season in a deeper lying position.
I don't see how 3 wins out of 3 could be called **** really

I don't see 3 wins, but I can see one idiot. For the sake of a few inches offside West Ham would have had a point today as well.

Latest