The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by De Chirico
I don't see 3 wins, but I can see one idiot. For the sake of a few inches offside West Ham would have had a point today as well.

Not really the same is it. The player was offside, so it's the correct decision and not unjustified, as our defeat was.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jam278
Not in the slightest. See how many assists Fab has already had this season in a deeper lying position.

According to my sources Fabregas has 6 in 6, and has played over 80 mins in each of those games. Whereas Falcao has an assist every 80 mins, hence a better record :smile:

He plays deeper but also for a better team so it evens out
Original post by FabioCannavaro
According to my sources Fabregas has 6 in 6, and has played over 80 mins in each of those games. Whereas Falcao has an assist every 80 mins, hence a better record :smile:

He plays deeper but also for a better team so it evens out

It's not really that better of an attacking team in fact I'd argue that it is weaker, just that you lot are grossly under performing, you lot should be minimum 1st place with the amount of net you've spent in the summer. In reality Chelsea are just underdogs performing to their maximum potential in this league.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 543
I wouldn't mind seeing Coquelin get a run of games in midfield. Maybe not against Chelsea though. The guy is still only 23 and I really don't see how he would do noticeably worse than our other options.
Original post by jam278
It's not really that better of an attacking team, just that you lot are grossly underperforming, you lot should be minimum 1st place with the amount of net you've spent in the summer. In reality Chelsea are just underdogs performing to their maximum potential in this league.

Underdogs? Lmao, you clearly have the best first 11 and possibly best squad.
The net spend isn't really relevant in this comparison, point is over the first few games of the season Fabregas has been playing with players who are currently playing much better than what Falcao has, thus you'd expect him to have an easier time creating chances and assists.

By the logic of "you spent the most this summer", City should've dominated the league from 08-12. It takes time for spend to come through in results, it hasn't even been a month yet.
Calling Chelsea underdogs is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen. They've underperformed massively in the league the last few seasons.
Underdogs? Lmao, you clearly have the best first 11 and possibly best squad.
The net spend isn't really relevant in this comparison, point is over the first few games of the season Fabregas has been playing with players who are currently playing much better than what Falcao has, thus you'd expect him to have an easier time creating chances and assists.

By the logic of "you spent the most this summer", City should've dominated the league from 08-12. It takes time for spend to come through in results, it hasn't even been a month yet.

I don't see why you are laughing, Chelsea are underdogs for this title.

Are you seriously comparing Falcao and Fab in assists over 160mins of football, when you've not played a single team that went above 11th in the table last season and we've already played a team that came 5th and the champions?

City needed to revamp more than United had to. You lot won the title 2 seasons ago so clearly started off with a good team. LVG is a pathetic manager for struggling to get the most out of the likes of Di Maria, Falcao, Rooney, Mata and RVP. Gets by just because he did a decent job at Ajax, when Mourinho outdoes him 9 years later. In reality LVG is Mourinho's apprentice.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by De Chirico
Calling Chelsea underdogs is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen. They've underperformed massively in the league the last few seasons.

City won the title last season and added to their squad in their key positions(CB and a DM). We are underdogs compared to City.

We did not underperform massively in 12/13 considering the changes in our philosophy and having Ramires, Mikel and Torres starting for us. United and City easily had better squads than us.

In 13/14 we did underperform though.
Reply 548
Original post by jam278

stfu.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/winner
Original post by jam278
City won the title last season and added to their squad in their key positions(CB and a DM). We are underdogs compared to City.

We did not underperform massively in 12/13 considering the changes in our philosophy and having Ramires, Mikel and Torres starting for us. United and City easily had better squads than us.

In 13/14 we did underperform though.

Whereas you came just 4 points behind, while underperforming, and added more to your squad?
Yeah Jam stop chatting ****. Mini-mourinho.
Whereas you came just 4 points behind, while underperforming, and added more to your squad?

We needed to add more to our squad and haven't completed the team. City added the DM and CB they needed and have completed the team.

You know where Chelsea need to complete the team so stop chatting **** MU15/Fabio CannIsuckadick.

Odds mean nothing
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jam278

Are you seriously comparing Falcao and Fab in assists over 160mins of football, when you've not played a single team that went above 11th in the table last season and we've already played a team that came 5th and the champions?

City needed to revamp more than United had to. You lot won the title 2 seasons ago so clearly started off with a good team. LVG is a pathetic manager for struggling to get the most out of the likes of Di Maria, Falcao, Rooney, Mata and RVP. Gets by just because he did a decent job at Ajax, when Mourinho outdoes him 9 years later. In reality LVG is Mourinho's apprentice.

Comparing nothing more than the numbers. Minutes per assist Falcao has a better record than Fabregas currently.

We won the title due to the GOAT manager, and 3/4 of the defence we had have now gone. The defence is the problem obviously, so 12/13 season is a pretty irrelevant thing to point out.

Not getting the most out of them? Maybe not, but they've only played together for 3 games and we've won them all so he's doing alright I'd say.

Original post by jam278
We needed to add more to our squad and haven't completed the team. City added the DM and CB they needed and have completed the team.

You know where Chelsea need to complete the team so stop chatting **** MU15/Fabio CannIsuckadick.

Yep, did need to add slightly more (4 points worth) and you more than did that. 2 massive upgrades, 1 slight upgrade and 1 who will be an upgrade in time.
Original post by e aí rapaz
Yeah Jam stop chatting ****. Mini-mourinho.

:lol:

Shot fired

Posted from TSR Mobile
Considering I'm 182cm and Jose is 175cm to call me a mini mourinho must mean that you suffer from intense dyslexia.

Also can we all laugh at Falclueless. Terrible signing.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 555
Original post by jam278

Also can we all laugh at Falclueless. Terrible signing.

:rofl:

props.

but why all the falcao hate tho?
^manlets when will they learn
Original post by swarly
:rofl:

props.

but why all the falcao hate tho?

Because of all the United fans jizzing over him.

Same reason why I dislike a bugs life and the Sanchez fetish has died down already.
Reply 558
tbh can we all just agree that falcao is a terrible player on fifa.

plays nowhere near a 90 rated player in game; feels like a low 80.
Reply 559
Sanchez is a rich man's Gervinho, it has to be said.

Latest