The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by skillzaismine
We haven't, I'm completely new☺️
I'm cool dude, how about you?
Brief description, my birthday is in July so I may be one of the youngest in this forum, I like reading and listening to rock, pop punk music.
And you?😌

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do love a newbie! I'm good thanks :smile:

My birthday is in January, I like reading, drawing and baking
Music wise, I like pop , RnB and alternative rock :biggrin:

What subjects are you taking :biggrin:?

Edit : didn't proof read, silly spelling mistake :colondollar:
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Frodokins
I do love a newbie!
Dude!? I'm a lady thank you very much!
JK XD I'm good thanks :smile:

My birthday is in January, I like reading, drawing and baking
Music wise, I like pop , RnB and alternative rock :biggrin:

What subjects are you taking :biggrin:?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ya do?
and lady, man, same thing dude!:tongue:
I'm taking English Lit, english language, physics, chemistry, biology, psychology, resistant materials,french, arabic, PE leadership award and History.
Most of them are edexcel or AQA

How about you?:biggrin:
Reply 5422
Original post by Frodokins
Hey :smile:
It was really good thanks! Yours :smile:?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It has been a day of mixed emotions. :wink:
Guys,
I know half of y'all are ignoring each other but I was just wondering if y'all got work experience placements and where?:smile:
Guys,
I know half of y'all are ignoring each other but I was just wondering if y'all got work experience placements and where?:smile:

When I was in Year 10, I had pretty much 0 work experience. :smile: Three or so years later and I now have had a fair bit..some in a GP surgery, some in A&E, some in the renal department in a hospital, some in cardiology, a pharmacy...and then a few other volunteering stuff too. No points for anyone who can guess what my life plan is :wink:

But yeah, don't stress if you can't find any yet, it's not easy to get some. :nah:
Guys,

No. :rofl:

I'm trying to look for work experience at a pharmaceuticals firm or maybe a pharmacy. :redface: Wbu?
Original post by karmacrunch
No. :rofl:

I'm trying to look for work experience at a pharmaceuticals firm or maybe a pharmacy. :redface: Wbu?

Good luck omg
and I can't find any work experience any where.
I want to do NHS work experience when I'm over 18 bc you get better experience. I've tried courts but they let you know in january and I literally cannot wait.
I even applied at cadbury world lmao
Original post by usycool1
When I was in Year 10, I had pretty much 0 work experience. :smile: Three or so years later and I now have had a fair bit..some in a GP surgery, some in A&E, some in the renal department in a hospital, some in cardiology, a pharmacy...and then a few other volunteering stuff too. No points for anyone who can guess what my life plan is :wink:

But yeah, don't stress if you can't find any yet, it's not easy to get some. :nah:

What did you to at a GP?
What did you to at a GP?

Sat in with the GP's mainly as they examined their patients, as well as the phlebotomist, nurse, physiotherapist and acupuncturist. :smile:
Sat in with the GP's mainly as they examined their patients, as well as the phlebotomist, nurse, physiotherapist and acupuncturist. :smile:

Were you actually able to talk about the skills you improved and gained. I'm thinking of also applying at a GP or chemist

Posted from TSR Mobile
Were you actually able to talk about the skills you improved and gained. I'm thinking of also applying at a GP or chemist

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I work with elderly patient's there too now. :tongue:

It's not easy to get experience at a GP surgery (with the healthcare professional's anyway) if you're under 18 but you may be able to get some at a pharmacy. :smile:
Good luck omg
and I can't find any work experience any where.
I want to do NHS work experience when I'm over 18 bc you get better experience. I've tried courts but they let you know in january and I literally cannot wait.
I even applied at cadbury world lmao

What are you thinking of doing when you're older or are you going in which a mix? What happened with Cadbury World? :tongue:
I'm sure you'll find some! Don't worry and good luck to you too! :biggrin:

From your work experience, I'm taking an educated guess that you want to be a midwife? :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did work experience at a primary school in year 10... Sat in one corner talking to little year 5 children.. Drew pictures.. taught them how to play basketball.. Gave them sweets when teacher wasn't looking... And help them with maths :wink: Teacher told me off more than he did the children but meh.
Original post by Trihawk7
From your work experience, I'm taking an educated guess that you want to be a midwife? :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No. :pierre:
Yeah, I work with elderly patient's there too now. :tongue:

It's not easy to get experience at a GP surgery (with the healthcare professional's anyway) if you're under 18 but you may be able to get some at a pharmacy. :smile:

Yeah I know:frown:
I might just end up doing it somewhere fun
No. :pierre:

Radiographer? :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vd12345
I did work experience at a primary school in year 10... Sat in one corner talking to little year 5 children.. Drew pictures.. taught them how to play basketball.. Gave them sweets when teacher wasn't looking... And help them with maths :wink: Teacher told me off more than he did the children but meh.

lmaoooo, was it fun? I've thought about doing it with children but I find some so annoying!(basically my siblings:smile:)
Original post by karmacrunch
What are you thinking of doing when you're older or are you going in which a mix? What happened with Cadbury World? :tongue:
I'm sure you'll find some! Don't worry and good luck to you too! :biggrin:

I want to study human behaviour:wink: but its hard to find work experience for under 16s for that, so anywhere fun and beneficial will do!
And nothing yet, they haven't sent me a reply back:tongue:
and thank you
Original post by Trihawk7

Stop. :colonhash:

Latest