The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tryrevise
See, I'd like to do that, but I really can't fit it in next to year 11 work :frown: how do you find the time! When do you sleep?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I sleep at 11-1 on school nights and 12-3 on every other night :smile:
I normally do at least 3 hours studying on school nights, but sometimes a lot more.. And I did bout 7 hours today I think. It seems hard core.. But I really slacked off in year 10 so I gotta make up for it, unfortunately, if I want to flourish academically. On a typical school day, I arrive home at 4, then I eat and shower.. Start doing homework/ revision at about 5/5,30 till dinner time, which is at 7 or 8, unless I take a nap in which case I study less. Well at least I try to study at least but I waste a lot of that time on my phone anyways so that's gotta change.
I watch abit of TV and chill with siblings after dinner, then I start studying again at around 9 if necessary till around 11? After which point, I have a bit of personal time for social networking and tv till I go to sleep. However there are days when I finish studying at 1.30am and days when I don't study at all. It depends on circumstances tbh. I wish I was more time efficient, but I've basically be sacrificing personal/social time for studying. Even stopped going to the gym this year for GCSE's.. So yeah, that's how I find time to study..
Original post by mrdeputyheadboy
Anyone applying for Independent Colleges such as Eton, Winchester and city of London school

Yeah I'm going to apply to St Paul's Girls School, Latymer Upper School, and Lady Eleanor Holles School. There aren't any decent schools where I live and I don't want to fail my A Levels, so private schools it is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Canttellyou
Yeah I'm going to apply to St Paul's Girls School, Latymer Upper School, and Lady Eleanor Holles School. There aren't any decent schools where I live and I don't want to fail my A Levels, so private schools it is.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latymer is not private lool, I'm applying there too
Original post by vd12345
I normally do at least 3 hours studying on school nights, but sometimes a lot more.. And I did bout 7 hours today I think. It seems hard core.. But I really slacked off in year 10 so I gotta make up for it, unfortunately, if I want to flourish academically. On a typical school day, I arrive home at 4, then I eat and shower.. Start doing homework/ revision at about 5/5,30 till dinner time, which is at 7 or 8, unless I take a nap in which case I study less. Well at least I try to study at least but I waste a lot of that time on my phone anyways so that's gotta change.
I watch abit of TV and chill with siblings after dinner, then I start studying again at around 9 if necessary till around 11? After which point, I have a bit of personal time for social networking and tv till I go to sleep. However there are days when I finish studying at 1.30am and days when I don't study at all. It depends on circumstances tbh. I wish I was more time efficient, but I've basically be sacrificing personal/social time for studying. Even stopped going to the gym this year for GCSE's.. So yeah, that's how I find time to study..

Wow, that's some dedication!
Original post by Quintessentially
Wow, that's some dedication!

Yeah, I only started 1 week into year 11. Kinda had a reality check and realised what it'll take to get almost straight A*'s (7+).
Can't keep telling myself that I'm clever so I'll automatically get good grades.. It may have got me A* for Rs and Maths in year 10 but those are easy subjects imo.
Just hope I can keep revising like this lol.
Hi everyone!

I wrote a blog post about College life - thought you may be interested!

http://marffie.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/mama-im-big-girl-now.html

I'd love to hear what you think :smile:
Original post by tryrevise
Wait... People have already started revising?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by vd12345
Yeah, I'm revising all year 10 content atm, and balancing it with my year 11 topic test revision, CA's/ISA's, and homework. I have to work hard now, but It'll reduce workload/stress closer to exams, hopefully giving me more breathing space and time to practice exam technique with past papers.

I started yesterday! :biggrin:
Original post by vd12345

My excuse for not revising early is: I finish school at 5:30, get home round 6, have approx 2 hours of homework to do a night.... and that's on a good day :mad:, cello practice for 30 mins - 1 hour, shower and supper.... and then... what am I meant to do...

Starting to try and do homework (known as prep in my school...) during lunch and teas (yes, my school has teatime...:rolleyes:) to free up time after school to start revising a bit because my memory is so short-lived its worrying :tongue: I need to repeat stuff a lot to get it into my brain. Hopefully, this will work.
Original post by turn-to-page394
My excuse for not revising early is: I finish school at 5:30, get home round 6, have approx 2 hours of homework to do a night.... and that's on a good day :mad:, cello practice for 30 mins - 1 hour, shower and supper.... and then... what am I meant to do...

Starting to try and do homework (known as prep in my school...) during lunch and teas (yes, my school has teatime...:rolleyes:) to free up time after school to start revising a bit because my memory is so short-lived its worrying :tongue: I need to repeat stuff a lot to get it into my brain. Hopefully, this will work.

fair enough :smile:
Original post by Strom
I started yesterday! :biggrin:

nice, which subjects?
Original post by vd12345
nice, which subjects?

Following my timetable :biggrin:

Monday - Maths
Tuesday - Geography & Computer Science
Wednesday - Chemistry
Thursday - Physics
Friday - Biology & German
Saturday - Music :cool:
Sunday - Nothing at the moment. I'll use it for english/RE later on :colone:
I need a timetable, but I'm just so busy.
I got dumped by my boyfriend and got a new job in the space of two days

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SampleX
I need a timetable, but I'm just so busy.
I got dumped by my boyfriend and got a new job in the space of two days

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww :frown: Hope you are feeling a bit better now tho

And in terms of timetables, I don't have one as I know that I won't follow it so it just makes me feel guilty and more stressed... I just do what I can when I can.

Hope you find a way that works for you :smile:
Aww :frown: Hope you are feeling a bit better now tho

And in terms of timetables, I don't have one as I know that I won't follow it so it just makes me feel guilty and more stressed... I just do what I can when I can.

Hope you find a way that works for you :smile:

How much do you study a night?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Strom
Following my timetable :biggrin:

Monday - Maths
Tuesday - Geography & Computer Science
Wednesday - Chemistry
Thursday - Physics
Friday - Biology & German
Saturday - Music :cool:
Sunday - Nothing at the moment. I'll use it for english/RE later on :colone:

That seems like a good plan... :smile: Mine is nowhere near as organised as yours. I'm just prioritizing Biology/Chem/Physics atm
Original post by SampleX
How much do you study a night?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Study in terms of prep (that's what homework is called in my school btw) or in terms of revision?

Prep: Varies on what teachers set but mostly 2 hours of prep is set a day so... I am trying (and failing :biggrin:) to get into the habit of doing prep on the night it is set.
Revision: REALLY varies - most of the time, i don't have time... say half an hour a week average - some weeks i do none, others i do some because of tests. I know... not much but I'm going to start prioritising revision soon (or maybe not so soon...).

What about you?
Study in terms of prep (that's what homework is called in my school btw) or in terms of revision?

Prep: Varies on what teachers set but mostly 2 hours of prep is set a day so... I am trying (and failing :biggrin:) to get into the habit of doing prep on the night it is set.
Revision: REALLY varies - most of the time, i don't have time... say half an hour a week average - some weeks i do none, others i do some because of tests. I know... not much but I'm going to start prioritising revision soon (or maybe not so soon...).

What about you?

Homework: Same with trying to do it the night it is set... It's funny how in September I do the night it is set, yet by the end of the year I'm doing it ten minutes before the lesson it's due xD
Revision: I have tests, so I'm trying to revise for those and squeeze in any extra that I can... But right now I'm just eating chocolate, watching movies and having duvet days xP

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SampleX
Homework: Same with trying to do it the night it is set... It's funny how in September I do the night it is set, yet by the end of the year I'm doing it ten minutes before the lesson it's due xD
Revision: I have tests, so I'm trying to revise for those and squeeze in any extra that I can... But right now I'm just eating chocolate, watching movies and having duvet days xP

Posted from TSR Mobile

:biggrin: The feeling of having no prep at all to do is kind of odd and bizarre to me - i don't like it. Weird ikr? I guess i'm such a procrastinator that actually accomplishing something is just uncomfortable :wink:

Chocolate... nom.
Ugh.
School tomorrow and i'm not looking forward to it.
Original post by Midnightmemories
Ugh.
School tomorrow and i'm not looking forward to it.

Ugh same :frown:

Latest