The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ScaryScience
not actually sure what to do. don't feel able to look after myself one bit. haven't washed in days, haven't eaten anything but some fruit all weekend, cant move, head feels very confused and like im not in reality. no way I can make it into uni tomorrow for GP or mentor or lectures. I dunno what to do feel so weird and grim

Have you got a friend who you can give a call and ask them to come over? If you're in a rough state then they might be able to get you some food or something and just check on you :smile:
:emo:
Original post by Team_McDreamy
whether or not you go down the counselling route, you should still go and see your tutor about it - thats what they're there for. plus you might be surprised and find out that they're a lot more relaxed and informal about it, trust me you won't be the first student they've had who's had a mental illness (except if they're brand new, ofc :tongue:)

Im not even sure I have one.. I'm just feeling stressed about things
Original post by Gingerbread101
Have you got a friend who you can give a call and ask them to come over? If you're in a rough state then they might be able to get you some food or something and just check on you :smile:

I don't even have one person :emo:
:emo:

whats wrong?
not actually sure what to do. don't feel able to look after myself one bit. haven't washed in days, haven't eaten anything but some fruit all weekend, cant move, head feels very confused and like im not in reality. no way I can make it into uni tomorrow for GP or mentor or lectures. I dunno what to do feel so weird and grim

I second Gingerbread's advice. Anyone you can call on to ask them to help you?
Original post by hannahchan
whats wrong?

am just very depressed. everything hurts and i'm sinking and i just cannot bear to be me at the moment.

Maybe if you put some music on or something you might be able to get a bit more energy and motivation? You really need to keep eating because it makes it a lot harder mentally if you're struggling physically
am just very depressed. everything hurts and i'm sinking and i just cannot bear to be me at the moment.

:hugs:
We all love you for being you, I hope it passes
Todays observations: Fear strips away our humanity until nothing is left but the very best, and the very worst. We all have to live in the hope that we would act on the best rather than the worst, or there would be very little left to live for.

what about your mentor? maybe if you tell them how bad things are for you atm they can help you get the extra help you need?
i can't breathe i can't do this the air is solidifying and my bones are made of lead and i feel so heavy and i can't breathe
Feel so tired and ill and don't know what to do with myself :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
im trying to get all of this work done and i cant and im not coping well at all :frown:
Got my first day back at uni tomorrow, so nervous! Need to go to bed early tonight so I can get up nice and early tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile
i can't breathe i can't do this the air is solidifying and my bones are made of lead and i feel so heavy and i can't breathe

Close your eyes and imagine a beach, try to forget about everything and just concentrate on this beach; the waves coming in, going out, coming in, going out. Try and match your breathing to the waves and don't let anything get in your mind, it's just you and the beach.

Keep calm, once you can breathe take deep, slow breaths, keep doing it, you know you can- it's just your mind telling you you can't
Original post by furryface12
Feel so tired and ill and don't know what to do with myself :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can you get an early night tonight? :hugs:
Original post by cupcakes87
x :indiff:

No you don't, and we don't want you to either, I promise it's going to get better :console:
(edited 9 years ago)

No you don't, and we don't want you to either, I promise it's going to get better :console:

do you think its a good idea for me to go downstairs have some food and straighten my hair then come back up and then focus on my work? or shall i do it now? :frown:

:hugs:

Spoiler

can you please spoiler this? and just generally be careful making statements like that on here :/

Close your eyes and imagine a beach, try to forget about everything and just concentrate on this beach; the waves coming in, going out, coming in, going out. Try and match your breathing to the waves and don't let anything get in your mind, it's just you and the beach.

Keep calm, once you can breathe take deep, slow breaths, keep doing it, you know you can- it's just your mind telling you you can't

thanks hun :frown:

i feel like the world hates me and i hate me and i just don't want to be me any more
(edited 9 years ago)
can you please spoiler this? and just generally be careful making statements like that on here :/

thanks hun :frown:

i feel like the world hates me and i hate me and i just don't want to be me any more

i will from now!!! sorry! just what was in my head, still in my head!
i will from now!!! sorry! just what was in my head, still in my head!

no problem at all hun, we all make mistakes now and then, its how we learn :smile: just bear it in mind from now on!

Latest