The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Assassin
Give Gotham a try if you're into those shows. First episode I thought was really well done, pretty good acting all round. The show's only just started though; new ep every monday.

7.5/10 pilot. Nothing amazing but it has promise imo, much better then the Agents of Shield pilot last year. I like Ben McKenzie but he was trying way too hard, needs to relax, Donal Logue was great, been a fan since I saw him on Life.

I thought they introduced way too many villains and characters as well. It's always better when characters slowly get revealed.

What is up with Gordon's gf, she's hot but there's something off about her face?

Anyway look forward to next week, shows have a habit of trying to do too much in their pilots with introducing characters/story arcs etc, expect it to be better next week.

Original post by jam278
When do they show gotham and what channel?

iirc it's going to be on Channel 5 in the UK, just stream it, glowgaze.

Original post by swarly
This heat impression was spot on :rofl:

x

Huge Denzel fan, especially Training Day, his impression of him is great

Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
Gotham is a sick tv series, really loved the first episode. Arrow is kinda similiar and another to follow the trend is the new Flash tv series. Again, the first episode of that was really good.

Im patiently waiting for TWD, Suits and Hannibal to return again.

Flash pilot was bad, wasn't feeling it. Hannibal is easily in the top three in terms of shows airing, so amazing. TWD sucks and then some.
Original post by Deshi
7.5/10 pilot. Nothing amazing but it has promise imo, much better then the Agents of Shield pilot last year. I like Ben McKenzie but he was trying way too hard, needs to relax, Donal Logue was great, been a fan since I saw him on Life.

I thought they introduced way too many villains and characters as well. It's always better when characters slowly get revealed.

What is up with Gordon's gf, she's hot but there's something off about her face?

Anyway look forward to next week, shows have a habit of trying to do too much in their pilots with introducing characters/story arcs etc, expect it to be better next week.

Totally agree on McKenzie. Parts I felt he wasn't really selling the role well, especially in the beginning. He definitely has a good look for the role though

Felt the same with her, I couldn't tell whether I found her that attractive or not. Face looks kinda weird.

Was unsure on Alfred Pennyworth's actor (Sean Pertwee). He didn't have much to do but felt too forced tbh. Funny though.

Thought the ep provided a good setting. Very interested in what happens on Monday.
Original post by The Assassin
Totally agree on McKenzie. Parts I felt he wasn't really selling the role well, especially in the beginning. He definitely has a good look for the role though

Felt the same with her, I couldn't tell whether I found her that attractive or not. Face looks kinda weird.

Was unsure on Alfred Pennyworth's actor (Sean Pertwee). He didn't have much to do but felt too forced tbh. Funny though.

Thought the ep provided a good setting. Very interested in what happens on Monday.

Alfred just seems really rough so far, unsure what direction they plan to take that character.

Thought the show (city mainly) looked amazing though, it was like watching a short film in that regard.
Has Gotham started in the UK, planning on watching it?:biggrin:
Original post by Wilfred Little
http://www.itv.com/news/central/update/2014-09-25/birmingham-voted-best-destination-to-visit-in-england/

Best UK city to visit for two years running.

Don't know much about Sheffield tbh.

That article looks like it was written by a six year old.
Original post by sr90
That article looks like it was written by a six year old.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/birmingham-voted-top-uk-destination-7829800

Another one. Best development last year? Library of Birmingham. Best for 2014? New Street/Grand Central. Best for next year can take your pick from the NIA redevelopment, Resorts World at the NEC or Beorma Quarter if it's finished. Midland Metro extension is finished next year too.

Point is Zurich is talking rubbish.
Reply 6526
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/birmingham-voted-top-uk-destination-7829800

Another one. Best development last year? Library of Birmingham. Best for 2014? New Street/Grand Central. Best for next year can take your pick from the NIA redevelopment, Resorts World at the NEC or Beorma Quarter if it's finished. Midland Metro extension is finished next year too.

Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

That wasn't an opinion on its content, just its presentation.

I prefer it to London though. You couldn't pay me to live there.
Original post by sr90
That wasn't an opinion on its content, just its presentation.

I prefer it to London though. You couldn't pay me to live there.

:cool:
Original post by Deshi
I think I've watched every half decent TV show there is.

Finally have a reason to hit the cinema.
What do you think about Gomorrah? I like the film, so I was curious.

Also went to see A Most Wanted Man, pretty impressed. Not a thrill ride but more a cagey and tense film. Not sure a good film is worth a cinema visit, more to do with visuals for me, but worthy of a watch for Seymour Hoffman alone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
:cool:
Was in Bham last week, went to a Korean place called Toppoki, dunno if you know it. Service was bizarre but the food was good best I've had, 3 people and the bill was just over £25, and we didn't even take the discount for paying cash. Will visit again/10.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fizzel
Was in Bham last week, went to a Korean place called Toppoki, dunno if you know it. Service was bizarre but the food was good best I've had, 3 people and the bill was just over £25, and we didn't even take the discount for paying cash. Will visit again/10.

Fair play man, I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed it. Though I've never heard of it, where was it? If it was the city centre then maybe around Arcadian/Digbeth? I don't eat East Asian food anyway bro.

How can you come to Brum and not get a curry though? If you visit again go to a proper Balti house.
London is a right hole to live in if you're not somewhat wealthy.

Can have a much better standard of living in the North by far.
Fair play man, I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed it. Though I've never heard of it, where was it? If it was the city centre then maybe around Arcadian/Digbeth? I don't eat East Asian food anyway bro.
Yeah, I've had Korean before in London and NY but this was the best I've had. It was Hurst Street, I walked down there from New Street St. How come you no like the Asian?

How can you come to Brum and not get a curry though? If you visit again go to a proper Balti house.
Yeah, it was pretty criminal but I was only there for one night and didn't fancy it. Perhaps soon although I'll have to read up, never want to eat at a dodgy curry place.
Original post by Fizzel
Yeah, I've had Korean before in London and NY but this was the best I've had. It was Hurst Street, I walked down there from New Street St. How come you no like the Asian?

Glad to hear you enjoyed it. Just not a fan to be honest mate. Personal taste and all that.

Yeah, it was pretty criminal but I was only there for one night and didn't fancy it. Perhaps soon although I'll have to read up, never want to eat at a dodgy curry place.

Where are you originally from? The curry is top notch, you won't get a bad one here, the Balti Triangle is famed and where most people would recommend (in particular Adil's, just because that was where it was invented), that is in the south and the Triangle spans over three areas but there is an area in the north of the city called Boldmere, which is part of Sutton Coldfield and is a bit more affluent/middle class. The whole area is basically just Balti houses.

I would recommend the Bilash (just outside of Sutton Coldfield), the Kababish or Regards. The Dilshad is great too. If you can afford it then Lasan's on St. Paul's Square offers a different take on Indian food but you will have to pay for it.
Where are you originally from? The curry is top notch, you won't get a bad one here, the Balti Triangle is famed and where most people would recommend (in particular Adil's, just because that was where it was invented), that is in the south and the Triangle spans over three areas but there is an area in the north of the city called Boldmere, which is part of Sutton Coldfield and is a bit more affluent/middle class. The whole area is basically just Balti houses.

I would recommend the Bilash (just outside of Sutton Coldfield), the Kababish or Regards. The Dilshad is great too. If you can afford it then Lasan's on St. Paul's Square offers a different take on Indian food but you will have to pay for it.
I grew up in Norfolk man, not many curry places. I'll have to check a few of those out, I have no idea of Birmingham geography. Curry's aren't really something I've explored that much eating out, probably could have in London but living in London is expensive enough without eating out. I've started cooking more of my own, pretty productive, time consuming though.
Original post by Fizzel
I grew up in Norfolk man, not many curry places. I'll have to check a few of those out, I have no idea of Birmingham geography. Curry's aren't really something I've explored that much eating out, probably could have in London but living in London is expensive enough without eating out. I've started cooking more of my own, pretty productive, time consuming though.

:biggrin:

They're the easiest food to make because the base ingredients are the same. It's expensive to buy all the spices in one go if you plan to only make one curry but if you cook them regularly or do it in bulk then they're cheap.

http://www.spicesofindia.co.uk/

^ They have loads of hard to find ingredients and deliver very fast.

You should join our Curry Society bro.

Londoners don't know chit about curry btw.
Original post by Isometrix
London is a right hole to live in if you're not somewhat wealthy.

Can have a much better standard of living in the North by far.

Agree.

May have to move north, buy a house then move into london later on in my life. We're talking a 40k a year job minimum to really enjoy London.
Said it many times Indian food is very overrated. Chinese over an Indian any day. They get the spices wrong, it's unnecessarily hot without the right taste in flavour to back it up. An Indian restaurant has a much better atmosphere though, be it for a date or whatever.
Original post by swarly
watch this.

related to the whole 7 black billionaires out 1600; jews discussion from a few pages ago.

god sundays are boring without football.

Agree. Wealth and being rich are different things.
Original post by jam278
Said it many times Indian food is very overrated. Chinese over an Indian any day. They get the spices wrong, it's unnecessarily hot without the right taste in flavour to back it up.

In London maybe. This is the biggest load of *******s I think I have ever read. Where exactly have you been eating Indian food? Either go to a decent place or learn to cook it yourself. It's not hard.

Indian cuisine and even curries are varied. Curry has a wide range of flavours and heat levels. You probably think a vindaloo is hot, despite the fact the original recipe is not even meant to be full of heat. Is a korma, pathia or Balti hot?
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest