The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PandaWho
Seem to be getting ill again i think :frown:
Feel im letting people down because of my illness and dont know how to bring it up with them :sad:
Then money. Still in this bloody assessment phase of ESA and were so skint its unreal :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh no :frown: physically or mentally? You're not letting anyone down. Not your fault you aren't feeling good. When do you come out of the assessment phase? Are there any other benefits you may be able to get? Like PIP?
Original post by Team_McDreamy
:hugs::hugs::hugs:
because there is a way out of this, and i do truly believe that hun - things are bloody awful at the moment and nobody is going to deny that for one second, but i do honestly hand on heart believe that you are strong enough to find a way out of this and have an amazing, fulfilling life ahead of you :smile:

things are always bloody awful, I understand people are saying it will get better to give some hope but I'd rather be realistic about it. I have no evidence that things are going to get better. I'm unresponsive to treatment, I haven't met any MH professional who has a clue what to do, meanwhile they're actually making me worse. the last thing I want is to look back in 50 years time and know that it wasn't worth it. I just don't think I can do this. I don't see any way out of this. I don't think even getting to a stage where I can 'manage' this is going to enough to make it worth it for me any more.
Original post by bullettheory
Oh no :frown: physically or mentally? You're not letting anyone down. Not your fault you aren't feeling good. When do you come out of the assessment phase? Are there any other benefits you may be able to get? Like PIP?

Mentally. I couldnt make it to guides the other night as my paranoia was awful, and then over slept today when i should have been doing a guiding event. And i just seem to be coming up with excuses rather than the truth.
We should have come out of the assessment phase 13 weeks after xmas...
Doubt ill get PIP gonna try get rory to get higher rates though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by moment of truth
For me to see the GP at the uni do I have to sign up so they can see all my records etc? Or is there a system where I can just book an appointment to see the GP? Haven't signed up with the docs here at uni yet and I don't know all the details either so it may take me a few days to get it all together and I feel like I want to see them in the next few days at least.

you'll need to sign up - they might have forms they want you to fill in about your medical history first
have any of you guys ever found out your Meyers-Briggs personality type? i know its a wholly discredited way of measuring somebody's personality but i still find it interesting :tongue: i'm an INTJ!!

Original post by ScaryScience
things are always bloody awful, I understand people are saying it will get better to give some hope but I'd rather be realistic about it. I have no evidence that things are going to get better. I'm unresponsive to treatment, I haven't met any MH professional who has a clue what to do, meanwhile they're actually making me worse. the last thing I want is to look back in 50 years time and know that it wasn't worth it. I just don't think I can do this. I don't see any way out of this. I don't think even getting to a stage where I can 'manage' this is going to enough to make it worth it for me any more.

it's not about having hope though, in my opinion - imo i am being realistic in saying i do believe you will find a way to improve your quality of life. unfortunately I'm not at a point in my career where i could give a suggestion as to what it would be, but i do think you will come out the other side of this and look back in 50 years and realise that you were a heck of a lot stronger than you thought you were
Two strange occurrences today. Made a day to see an old friend I fell out with six months ago, and added someone I haven't spoke to in three years on Facebook who we kinda fell out cause of awkwardness. Am I being crazy/stupid here?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by james1211
Two strange occurrences today. Made a day to see an old friend I fell out with six months ago, and added someone I haven't spoke to in three years on Facebook who we kinda fell out cause of awkwardness. Am I being crazy/stupid here?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No not at all, good on you for healing those bridges!
Im not coping tonight. :cry2:
Original post by jelly1000
you'll need to sign up - they might have forms they want you to fill in about your medical history first

That is what I thought, dunno what to do then.
Original post by Anonymous
No not at all, good on you for healing those bridges!

I guess, although I feel like a bad person for contacting then in case it makes them awkward?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by moment of truth
That is what I thought, dunno what to do then.

if its any help at my uni I didn't need to be referred by the gp to get counselling if thats what you want
:cry: :cry: omg this has just been the worst weekend ever. I cant do this I cant even remotely survive this. I am panicking so much. I just cant cant cant cant
I have an appointment with the mental health team at uni tomorrow and it's midway through a two hour workshop. Do I email the tutor ahead of time, mention it when I get there or just skip the workshop completely?

So nervous about it. Haven't spoken about my mental health to anyone but my mentor and we became super good friends. I don't know if anyone can replace her and the way she supported me or knew what I needed before I needed it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jelly1000
if its any help at my uni I didn't need to be referred by the gp to get counselling if thats what you want

I think mine might be the same, just gonna read up on it and then maybe complete the registration form. Thank you. :hugs:
Original post by ParadoxSocks
I have an appointment with the mental health team at uni tomorrow and it's midway through a two hour workshop. Do I email the tutor ahead of time, mention it when I get there or just skip the workshop completely?

So nervous about it. Haven't spoken about my mental health to anyone but my mentor and we became super good friends. I don't know if anyone can replace her and the way she supported me or knew what I needed before I needed it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

prehaps send off an email tonight, then remind them when you go in?
go for the first half atleast, youl probably be overwhelmed and stuff to go back afterwards, but thats no biggy, im sure there used to things like this at the start of the year.

could you write stuff down before you go? :hugs: hope it all works out ok :jumphug:
Original post by ParadoxSocks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Personally I'd either send an email or go see the tutor before the workshop.

Posted from TSR Mobile
i think im panicing ight now and i cant calm down.
Cant ground. :cry2:
Reply 5938
Original post by SweetNothing
Someone help me and choose a pair for me!

I like the top three, maybe the tortoiseshell/gold frame overall. I'm probably biased though because I've decided my next pair of glasses will be tortoiseshell and I love the style of the first two (half plastic, half metal) but I haven't found a similar pair that suit me :unimpressed:. As long as they all suit you and are comfortable, you can't go wrong as they all look good!

Fashion or prescription :smile:?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5939
Feeling a bit empty today :frown:.

Latest