The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

So Walcotts not back eh? We need diaby and Ramsey in mid though its probably unlikely. Our wing play needs to be on point because we ain't getting trough their mid. It's the reason fergie would often beat Chelsea because alot of utds play would come from their wingers or am I wrong srs don't really watch em.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Numan786
So Walcotts not back eh? We need diaby and Ramsey in mid though its probably unlikely. Our wing play needs to be on point because we ain't getting trough their mid. It's the reason fergie would often beat Chelsea because alot of utds play would come from their wingers or am I wrong srs don't really watch em.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If Wenger dares start Arteta and play Ozil on the left....

Szcz
Chambers Kos Mert Gibbs
Wilshere Diaby
OX Ozil Sanchez
Welbeck

I don't know how fit Diaby is, but if we have any chance of coming away with a point he must feature for at least sixty minutes or Flamini has to have the game of his life.

I'd also bench Ramsey - Wilshere's been better as of late.
Original post by sevchenko
Not afraid of Chelsea, feel sorry for anyone who is tbh. I reckon we'll turn up, it will either be a draw or an Arsenal win

Did I go to sleep and wake up in 2004? It's Mourinho vs Wenger...there's only one winner these days we get tactically embarrassed against them every time without exception. How you can predict a draw or win when everything points to the opposite is blind delusion tbh.

I hope I'm wrong and will gladly eat humble pie but really let's be honest here it's Chelsea at the bridge.
Original post by sevchenko
Not afraid of Chelsea, feel sorry for anyone who is tbh. I reckon we'll turn up, it will either be a draw or an Arsenal win

Quoting this so I can call you out for your sheer delusion. Are you a Liverpool fan in disguise?
Dont think you lot would get crushed 6-0 like last time. Probably be a 3-0 win for Chelsea, cant see Mou slipping up against Wenger. He has never lost to Wenger right? Wow.
Original post by Numan786

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah they used the wings a lot. See the game in 2013 e.g.

They had more pace than the Chelsea side while we bullied the middle. Getting rid of Ballack and not replacing him until getting Fabregas was a cockup though.

Arsenal trying to play narrow vs Chelsea is suicide. Don't see the point of the players really turning into the bridge.
Original post by Zerforax
Chelsea are at home so Mourinho knows he needs 3 points. He won't park the bus so much but for Arsenal it's essential to score first.

That's nice and all mate but it's hopeless even if we do score first.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
That's nice and all mate but it's hopeless even if we do score first.

The notion that you're gonna get anything against Chelsea at the bridge is hilarious.
I'm bricking it about when we have to venture there - I'm just hoping we aren't spanked too hard.

I'm deleting this post when you get a draw...
Original post by Lúcio
The notion that you're gonna get anything against Chelsea at the bridge is hilarious.
I'm bricking it about when we have to venture there - I'm just hoping we aren't spanked too hard.

I'm deleting this post when you get a draw...

Nah m8, Sevchenko's expecting a draw. Then again he expected 30 goals from Giroud.
Giroud to get 30 goals next season, calling it early.

Sev has been on the cough syrup. Sipping that Covonia slow.
Original post by jam278
Giroud to get 30 goals next season, calling it early.

Sev has been on the cough syrup. Sipping that Covonia slow.

Jam you're such a troll....:colone:
Original post by FabioCannavaro
Nah m8, Sevchenko's expecting a draw. Then again he expected 30 goals from Giroud.

Nice joke.

I'm so bad at predictions, if I went for a chelsea win, arsenal would leave with 3 points easy..
Original post by Lúcio
Nice joke.

I'm so bad at predictions, if I went for a chelsea win, arsenal would leave with 3 points easy..

Yeah I know, I've seen you in the prediction thread :smile:

I'm pretty bad, but some of the shocks we've seen already this season...

I'm too loyal to liverpool; backed them in every game except city :/
Wenger has ruined this season for us.

Flamini and Arteta as our only DM's for another year. I can't be the only one who heard Lee Dixon moan behind the mic when Flamini slipped and lost the ball seconds before they scored. What was the point in buying Sanchez infront when he's got Mathieu and Mikel behind him slipping and sliding. What was the point in selling Vermaelen when we have no Defenders, or Sagna for that matter. Chambers is looking good but chap is still only 19, he is first choice for Arsenal, I swear chap didn't even play more than 25 games at Sotton last year, certainly wasn't first choice. And that's a mid table team.

Wenger has lost it, absolutely no tactics, no plan, I feel he just tells players to go out and get on with it see what happens. Arsene peaked in 2004, he can not keep up in 2014 unfortunately, and everyone knows it. Every corner we concede I believe the opponent will score. Every counter, I think Arteta will be left for dead as the opponent score...ANY half decent team on Saturday would have destroyed us on the counter, Spurs didn't come to play. We are scared shxt-less everytime we are out there, no confidence, no heart, nothing. Any excitement I had for this year is all gone.

Season is done to be fair, I had no hope for the title but I thought it would be fun and exciting to at least try something in the champions league, reach semifinals or something - that won't happen with our thin squad.

I am praying Cesc and Costa put us out of our misery come this Sunday, another hammering awaits.

This needs to be Wenger's last season.
Reply 675
Original post by Thugnificent.

Flamini and Arteta as our only DM's for another year. I can't be the only one who heard Lee Dixon moan behind the mic when Flamini slipped and lost the ball seconds before they scored. What was the point in buying Sanchez infront when he's got Mathieu and Mikel behind him slipping and sliding. What was the point in selling Vermaelen when we have no Defenders, or Sagna for that matter. Chambers is looking good but chap is still only 19, he is first choice for Arsenal, I swear chap didn't even play more than 25 games at Sotton last year, certainly wasn't first choice. And that's a mid table team.

Wenger has lost it, absolutely no tactics, no plan, I feel he just tells players to go out and get on with it see what happens. Arsene peaked in 2004, he can not keep up in 2014 unfortunately, and everyone knows it. Every corner we concede I believe the opponent will score. Every counter, I think Arteta will be left for dead as the opponent score...ANY half decent team on Saturday would have destroyed us on the counter, Spurs didn't come to play. We are scared shxt-less everytime we are out there, no confidence, no heart, nothing. Any excitement I had for this year is all gone.

Season is done to be fair, I had no hope for the title but I thought it would be fun and exciting to at least try something in the champions league, reach semifinals or something - that won't happen with our thin squad.

I am praying Cesc and Costa put us out of our misery come this Sunday, another hammering awaits.

This needs to be Wenger's last season.

would you prefer steady inertia with Arsene, or a period of regression when a new manager comes in followed by a chance of progression (a la Liverpool and United recently)?

aware me on predictions thread Fagio?
Original post by jam278
aware me on predictions thread Fagio?

In the football stickies, predict every week 3 points for exactly right score and 1 for right result. I was merking it in 1st place but have dropped down.
Original post by Lúcio
I'm pretty bad, but some of the shocks we've seen already this season...

I'm too loyal to liverpool; backed them in every game except city :/

Think I've backed united in every game lel
Reply 679
Original post by Thugnificent.

This is a pretty fair assessment.

I expected Vermaelen to leave, he was too good to be benched. But I don't understand why he wasn't replaced with someone more experienced. Chambers is younger than Sanogo ffs.

The CDM situation is just a mystery. Is it really so hard to find a 25year old for around 20mil for that position?

I would rather buy a load of average players to fill out our squad than not have enough players. It just makes me question Wenger's competence these days.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest