The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Pizza > Chinese > Chippy > Indian

Come at me Wilf
Original post by FabioCannavaro

Come at me Wilf

All of those are great except for Chinese. Chinese food (in this country) typically has poor quality meat and is covered in stinky sauces to hide the fact you're probably eating an AIDS infested dog.

Pizza is lovely but it's just one dish. Chippy is quality, but it's just chips with a pie, or battered fish, or saveloy at the end of the day. Nowhere near as varied as Indian cuisine.
Also we should get plug going again.
Original post by Wilfred Little
In London maybe. This is the biggest load of *******s I think I have ever read. Where exactly have you been eating Indian food? Either go to a decent place or learn to cook it yourself. It's not hard.

Indian cuisine and even curries are varied. Curry has a wide range of flavours and heat levels. You probably think a vindaloo is hot, despite the fact the original recipe is not even meant to be full of heat. Is a korma, pathia or Balti hot?

Low heat food in curry shops are too bland and boring as well. Seems like they go extreme on everything.

I don't like the taste of Indian curries, I'll eat it if I'm there but it's not nice, Singaporean curries or Chinese curries are great.

I've eaten almost everything from the Jalfrezzi and Faals to the Kormas and nothing really excites me at an Indian. Chinese however excites me. If they were more classy and didn't look like the typical chicken and chips shop a lot more people would be going there. Also I'm not white, I can handle pepper. Done hot wings challenge so don't insult me with ad hom as I can eat pepper.

Also lol at people who go to chinese shops and order fish and chips when there's a cheaper one down the road. White people man.
(edited 9 years ago)
In fact who the **** buys a Korma(bar white people)?

Also the food content is not enough, you're spending £10 minimum on a meal that doesn't even fill you up when a £5 chinese does and it tastes better? Before people talk about experience in the place then why do takeaways cost the same or more?
Original post by FabioCannavaro

Come at me Wilf

I'm lactose intolerant so I would put Chinese above Pizza. Before hand would have put pizza first.
Original post by jam278
I've eaten almost everything from the Jalfrezzi and Faals to the Kormas and nothing really excites me at an Indian. Chinese however excites me. If they were more classy and didn't look like the typical chicken and chips shop a lot more people would be going there.

Are you just talking about the dirt cheap cornershop kind of Chinese? They're dirt mate. Tbh I think you've just been to crap Indian takeaways in London, I've heard it from people that live in London that the Indian cuisine there is not great, they cook everything swimming in fat so you just **** water the next day. So fair enough if you've only eaten there.

It's Phaal btw.

Also lol at people who go to chinese shops and order fish and chips when there's a cheaper one down the road. White people man.

:laugh:
Original post by jam278
In fact who the **** buys a Korma(bar white people)?

Also the food content is not enough, you're spending £10 minimum on a meal that doesn't even fill you up when a £5 chinese does and it tastes better? Before people talk about experience in the place then why do takeaways cost the same or more?

Why do you think it costs a fiver fam? And in London too :biggrin:.
Are you just talking about the dirt cheap cornershop kind of Chinese? They're dirt mate. Tbh I think you've just been to crap Indian takeaways in London, I've heard it from people that live in London that the Indian cuisine there is not great, they cook everything swimming in fat so you just **** water the next day. So fair enough if you've only eaten there.

It's Phaal btw.

:laugh:

I've ate in Liverpool too. All my friends love it so I'm the elephant in the room. I'd stick to Jollof rice with beef bits.

Depends on which corner shop. In Liverpool e.g. the local place I went to was terrible for Chinese but there's a place I go to in London that's amazing.

Phaal soz, ngl they make the pilau rice good and I usually go to that place very hungry so end up enjoying the food out of hunger but not out of taste.
Why do you think it costs a fiver fam? And in London too :biggrin:.

My part of London isn't the most affluent of areas so the rule doesn't apply. The place in Pool e.g. costed more and tasted worse than in London due to it being near the centre of the City. Poor quality meat probably but if you season it well enough then it's not a problem.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jam278
I've ate in Liverpool too. All my friends love it so I'm the elephant in the room. I'd stick to Jollof rice with beef bits.

OK cool maybe you just don't like it, but Liverpool isn't exactly famed for it's South Asian cuisine.

Depends on which corner shop. In Liverpool e.g. the local place I went to was terrible for Chinese but there's a place I go to in London that's amazing.

Phaal soz, ngl they make the pilau rice good and I usually go to that place very hungry so end up enjoying the food out of hunger but not out of taste.

:cool:

Original post by jam278
My part of London isn't the most affluent of areas so the rule doesn't apply. The place in Pool e.g. costed more and tasted worse than in London. Poor quality meat probably but if you season it well enough then it's not a problem.

I'd rather eat good quality meat tbh. That's why I'm dubious of Chinese food.

I like spring rolls btw.

I'd rather eat good quality meat tbh. That's why I'm dubious of Chinese food.

I like spring rolls btw.

Yeah I get you.

Tbh I've really got into steaks atm. Any londoners know a place I can get a big fat juicy quality steak for under £30.

Not TGI fridays as their steaks are always overheated. You ask for medium rare you get medium well done.
tried a lot of indian food; my local takeaway fortunately makes the best I've tried.. Bit stingy on the portions though :angry:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by The Assassin
tried a lot of indian food; my local takeaway fortunately makes the best I've tried.. Bit stingy on the portions though :angry:

May get an indian takeaway tomorrow and post it here so you lot are happy.
Original post by jam278
May get an indian takeaway tomorrow and post it here so you lot are happy.

Why not just save the money and cook your own?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=393jy0KK-yE

This is simple and won't blaze your face off. Don't use as much oil as he did though.

EDIT: Also I did this twice, once as the video shows and once by blending the tomato and onions. The blended version was a lot better.
(edited 9 years ago)
All of those are great except for Chinese. Chinese food (in this country) typically has poor quality meat and is covered in stinky sauces to hide the fact you're probably eating an AIDS infested dog.

Pizza is lovely but it's just one dish. Chippy is quality, but it's just chips with a pie, or battered fish, or saveloy at the end of the day. Nowhere near as varied as Indian cuisine.

Yeah I see the appeal with so much variety. Tbh though I'm just a complete pussy when it comes to spicy food, can't handle it.
Real talk though why don't west africans invent restaurants?

Heck even Carribeans and the arab africans are inventing chain restaurants yet africans don't? There's enough variety in the meals and you can always make up new meals that you can make. It's not hard to make. Rice and beans(of your choice) Africans make that. Jollof african make that, simple rice and meaty stew, pounded yam/Fufu(although would never buy this), light soup. fried yam, Heck make an english section as well with fish and chips to initially attract the customers.

They can make all these restaurants in ghana/nigeria and the ones you get from the people in the street is great food yet they come to England and are more bothered with bank scams and spending what they have on jewellery. We need more black businesses it's simple.

Black people aren't wealthy, at most they're rich.
Also yes Swarly I watched the video and wholeheartedly agree with Chris Rock.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jam278
Real talk though why don't west africans invent restaurants?

Heck even Carribeans and the arab africans are inventing chain restaurants yet africans don't? There's enough variety in the meals and you can always make up new meals that you can make. It's not hard to make. Rice and beans(of your choice) Africans make that. Jollof african make that, simple rice and meaty stew, pounded yam/Fufu(although would never buy this), light soup. fried yam, Heck make an english section as well with fish and chips to initially attract the customers.

They can make all these restaurants in ghana/nigeria and the ones you get from the people in the street is great food yet they come to England and are more bothered with bank scams and spending what they have on jewellery. We need more black businesses it's simple.

Black people aren't wealthy, at most they're rich.
Also yes Swarly I watched the video and wholeheartedly agree with Chris Rock.

Bruh, Oprah be makin fat stacks:biggrin:
Watched the pilot of Gotham, very good series, the police department is so corrupt.
Original post by Rk2k14

If Bill Gates woke up and had Oprahs money and Oprah had his money he'd jump off his balcony.

I ain't talking bout rich, I'm talking bout wealthy.
Reply 6559
Original post by Rk2k14

bruh out of the 1600 billlionaires in the world 7 are black. 1 is oprah. that leaves 6 others.

dat marginalisation doe.

Latest