The Student Room Group

Here to help A2 Sociology Students

Hey I have just finished my Alevels and I'm now on a gap year. I achieved an A* grade at ALevel Sociology getting 360/400. After my gap year i am going to the university of Birmingham to study sociology. To keep my mind stimulated and up to date with sociology I am willing to help out any current A2 sociology students with any essays, questions and revision help that they may need.
I will try my best to help you. I have kept all of my recourses and all of my essays.

Don't hesitate to ask the smallest of questions...it's better to be safe than sorry going into the exam.

Best of luck for the year everyone.
Reply 1
Hi
What topics did you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow well done, what grade did you achieve at AS? As i achieved a C :frown: and would really want an A!
Reply 3
Original post by Jams97
Hi
What topics did you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for picking up that I forgot to mention what topics I did because that would be useful info. For A2 sociology I did Religion and Crime and Deviance. Hope I can be of help to you.
Reply 4
Original post by iknowyouknow
Wow well done, what grade did you achieve at AS? As i achieved a C :frown: and would really want an A!

I achieved an A at AS but got a very low B in one of my AS exams. You can still get the A but please be aware that you'll have to make up a lot of marks. It won't be easy. Consider resitting an exam if possible as this would help you with your A2 exams.
Hope that helps. If you have any questions please ask.
Reply 5
Original post by sophus18x
Thanks for picking up that I forgot to mention what topics I did because that would be useful info. For A2 sociology I did Religion and Crime and Deviance. Hope I can be of help to you.

Ah it's the exact same ones I'm doing! Did you find the essays a lot harder than as?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Jams97
Ah it's the exact same ones I'm doing! Did you find the essays a lot harder than as?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats worked out pretty good then:smile:
Yes I did find a few of the essays more challenging in A2 than AS. A lot more application and knowledge is required this year. I also found the globalisation and labelling theory essay titles tricky to understand.
My best advice is that you do as many sociology essays as possible. I did about 30 and got them all marked. Challenge yourself and do the hard ones too.
Watch some YouTube videos about the topics to get other perspectives and contemporary examples (examiners will like this).

Reply 7
Thats worked out pretty good then:smile:
Yes I did find a few of the essays more challenging in A2 than AS. A lot more application and knowledge is required this year. I also found the globalisation and labelling theory essay titles tricky to understand.
My best advice is that you do as many sociology essays as possible. I did about 30 and got them all marked. Challenge yourself and do the hard ones too.
Watch some YouTube videos about the topics to get other perspectives and contemporary examples (examiners will like this).

Great, thanks. We've just finished labelling theory and have just written a practice essay, just waiting to get feedback now. Our class has 13 in, what about yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Jams97
Great, thanks. We've just finished labelling theory and have just written a practice essay, just waiting to get feedback now. Our class has 13 in, what about yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Once you get your head around labelling theory, your pretty ok for the rest of the year (but don't get lazy, there's tonnes to remember!!!). You probs already know this but take any of the feedback on board and use it to improve that essay and any future essays.
Best of luck.
Reply 9
Once you get your head around labelling theory, your pretty ok for the rest of the year (but don't get lazy, there's tonnes to remember!!!). You probs already know this but take any of the feedback on board and use it to improve that essay and any future essays.
Best of luck.

Thanks, any more questions and I'll let you know :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey I have just finished my Alevels and I'm now on a gap year. I achieved an A* grade at ALevel Sociology getting 360/400. After my gap year i am going to the university of Birmingham to study sociology. To keep my mind stimulated and up to date with sociology I am willing to help out any current A2 sociology students with any essays, questions and revision help that they may need.
I will try my best to help you. I have kept all of my recourses and all of my essays.

Don't hesitate to ask the smallest of questions...it's better to be safe than sorry going into the exam.

Best of luck for the year everyone.

How would you go about answering these questions?
1) Sociological theories that focus on the structure of society reveal far more than those that emphasise the role played by individual actors.’ Explain and assess this claim.

2) Explain and assess the view that the strengths of quantitative research methods outweigh their limitations.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending