The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by superwolf
It's really easy to grow, just hassle feeding it more and more milk as it gets bigger and bigger! :tongue: You can throw/give bits away as it grows though.

What flavours? I only ever had plain in Russia. What I really miss is flavoured tvorog though, with bits of fruit or chocolate in. :drool:

Mind sounds like a good bet - you could also try your local hospital to see if they want volunteers to come in and keep company for some of the longer term patients. :smile:

My mice are mostly well - Violet has cancer sadly, but she's in good shape otherwise, and I'm hoping she'll stay that way for a while yet. :crossedf:

:console: Maybe try and think back to the reasons why you started it in the first place? Or if there's one aspect of it that you still enjoy, focus on that for a while and your enthusiasm might come back.

:hugs: On skype if you want some company.

Thank you, I doubt i'll get back my motivation. My boyfriend is miserable which makes me feel miserable. :frown: I can always do it next year. :frown: :hugs:
Original post by Browns97
sorry peeps, im a bit new to this thread but im looking for like someone to talk to because i lost my girlfriend and best friend and i'm really struggling to cope. I'd also like to be able to help other people too

Hey! Welcome to MHSS! Though sorry to hear about your split with your girlfriend :frown: We're all nice peeps in here so we'll look after you, dw :h:

Original post by Riku
Somebody who I considered my friend (online at least) has just said she wouldn't date me until I was the last man alive. And she also has a thread about how nobody will date her/sleep with her because she's ugly forever alone etc. which takes the piss. She is basically saying even desperate people wouldn't date me.

bit pathetic I need to come here for validation and reassurance considering she's only some offline random but I have basically been 'triggered' back to the girl in Year 6 calling me fat and generally abusing me where this cycle started. More confirmation it is time to change account.

What a noobface she is. I'm sorry hun :hugs: :console: :hugs:
Original post by moment of truth
Am always here for you too! :jumphug:

Noooo, no-one is more amazing than you! :love:

That is connected so will definitely talk about it. :kiss2:

:lovehug:

:love: MOT is amazing! amazing is MOT! :love:

aww shush you! :blush: we will agree to disagree on this too! :mmm:

you better bubba! which reminds me! have you eaten? :redface: :lovie:

Original post by nohomo
I was joint dux of my high school ( did better than the other one in grades but she did more extra curricular)...****ing depressing seeing the other dux getting through med school while I'm a mentally I'll unemployed alcoholic.

I don't know what dux is but I can can relate to how you're feeling. Often I feel like a pathetic, unemployed, mentally ill loser. The worst thing is when I look on facebook and see all the people I went to school with being successful then there's me. Recently I've been feeling more positive about myself probably due to CBT and different medication so it's not all bad. Don't write yourself off yet, things can still improve. :hugs:

Original post by superwolf
It's really easy to grow, just hassle feeding it more and more milk as it gets bigger and bigger! :tongue: You can throw/give bits away as it grows though.

What flavours? I only ever had plain in Russia. What I really miss is flavoured tvorog though, with bits of fruit or chocolate in. :drool:

Sounds good so maybe.... :beard:

Raspberry, blueberry, banana and strawberry, strawberry, vanilla, and plain.

Tvorog is delicious! I like adding sugar and just eating it like that. However, I have only tried the plain one of that too. :colonhash:
Original post by Porridge510
I don't know. :frown: I'm really upset and my boyfriend is at university miserable. :frown: I can always do it next year. I'm just feeling so horrible right now. :cry2:

fight those sad feels! kick em in the area it hurts! :colone:

these feeling are not allowed to be permanent my darling! the faster you get over them, the better you will feel by far!

as much as you dont feel like it now! if you just find that happy light inside you and go for it, you will pass! and then think how much better you will feel!

:jumphug:
Original post by IDukem
It's been tough recently, but I'm trying to will myself back to trying to be the out-going Duke of yesteryear! I want to have fun again :redface: That's the spirit! You may take a beating, but you're stronger than them thoughts by a country mile :biggrin: I'm still plagued with confidence issues, self-doubt and depression, but I'm very resilient and still try to keep on moving even when times are tough! You can do this :hugs:

Spoiler

aww! :hugs: you will do it! :biggrin: you have the desire to do it so dont fear! get up and go for it! feel it pushing you from inside! :heart: and then use that light to burn away all those negatives and let it fill you with sunshine and power! :hugs:

:biggrin: im going to beat those thoughts! :yep: i get times when i just cry and cry but after i feel better! :smile:

WE CAN DO! :five:

Spoiler

Original post by cupcakes87
:love: MOT is amazing! amazing is MOT! :love:

aww shush you! :blush: we will agree to disagree on this too! :mmm:

you better bubba! which reminds me! have you eaten? :redface: :lovie:

None of us are gonna back down on this so lets conclude that you are the best! :love:

I ate, but not in the canteen. :hugs:

aww! :hugs: you will do it! :biggrin: you have the desire to do it so dont fear! get up and go for it! feel it pushing you from inside! :heart: and then use that light to burn away all those negatives and let it fill you with sunshine and power! :hugs:

:biggrin: im going to beat those thoughts! :yep: i get times when i just cry and cry but after i feel better! :smile:

WE CAN DO! :five:

Spoiler

As will you! :hugs: I've always said that if one person gets inspired enough by my story and manages to live a happy life as a result, my experiences would have been worth it :h: Sunshine, power and rock/metal :wink: When life gets too hectic, rock the f out!! :rock: :teehee:

You're such a beacon of light/hope!! It's no wonder you're unanimously adored on this thread :h:

WOOO :five:

Spoiler

Original post by Sabertooth
I don't know what dux is but I can can relate to how you're feeling. Often I feel like a pathetic, unemployed, mentally ill loser. The worst thing is when I look on facebook and see all the people I went to school with being successful then there's me. Recently I've been feeling more positive about myself probably due to CBT and different medication so it's not all bad. Don't write yourself off yet, things can still improve. :hugs:

Sounds good so maybe.... :beard:

Raspberry, blueberry, banana and strawberry, strawberry, vanilla, and plain.

Tvorog is delicious! I like adding sugar and just eating it like that. However, I have only tried the plain one of that too. :colonhash:

Thanks man :smile:

Dux is valedictorian. The person who did best academically.
Reply 6109
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Hey! Welcome to MHSS! Though sorry to hear about your split with your girlfriend :frown: We're all nice peeps in here so we'll look after you, dw :h:

What a noobface she is. I'm sorry hun :hugs: :console: :hugs:

Thanks TLG. Idk what was up with that, it was asked as a joke if me and this girl were 'hooking up' as TSR couple :tongue: she could have just gone with the flow or said 'you're not my type' words to that effect, what was said was completely uncalled for and makes me lose some sympathy to her own feelings of unattractiveness…

idk this shouldn't bother me but it's put me on a downer on an otherwise kinda good (productive at least) day :s-smilie:

how are you anyway? :smile: x
Original post by Riku
Thanks TLG. Idk what was up with that, it was asked as a joke if me and this girl were 'hooking up' as TSR couple :tongue: she could have just gone with the flow or said 'you're not my type' words to that effect, what was said was completely uncalled for and makes me lose some sympathy to her own feelings of unattractiveness…

idk this shouldn't bother me but it's put me on a downer on an otherwise kinda good (productive at least) day :s-smilie:

how are you anyway x

It always upsets me when someone on TSR says something mean :sadnod: So I can empathise with that. It's not nice behaviour whatsoever!

I'm OK thanks! Bit sleepy though. Tired out from preparing for a meeting I had today with my PhD supervisor. She's nice but academically scary :eek:
Original post by Gingerbread101
That's a lot of hugs :biggrin: thanks :biggrin:

I hope you feel better soon :smile:
I'm alright currently, I'm not as overloaded with work as usual :smile:
And thanks! I took the picture myself (well it's my hands, my brother took the picture) on holiday in Cornwall :biggrin:

Cornwall :moon:
Reply 6112
Original post by IDukem
As will you! :hugs: I've always said that if one person gets inspired enough by my story and manages to live a happy life as a result, my experiences would have been worth it :h: Sunshine, power and rock/metal :wink: When life gets too hectic, rock the f out!! :rock: :teehee:

You're such a beacon of light/hope!! It's no wonder you're unanimously adored on this thread :h:

Spoiler

Once upon a time this was my life philosophy...Teach me the ways again master :tongue:
Reply 6113
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
It always upsets me when someone on TSR says something mean :sadnod: So I can empathise with that. It's not nice behaviour whatsoever!

I'm OK thanks! Bit sleepy though. Tired out from preparing for a meeting I had today with my PhD supervisor. She's nice but academically scary :eek:

that probably means she's going to teach you well-the scary ones usually are the coolest and most knowledgeable :biggrin: I hope it went well!
Original post by Riku
that probably means she's going to teach you well-the scary ones usually are the coolest and most knowledgeable :biggrin: I hope it went well!

Yeah, hopefully! Thanks, it did go well, I think :colondollar:
Original post by moment of truth
None of us are gonna back down on this so lets conclude that you are the best! :love:

I ate, but not in the canteen. :hugs:

no you are! :colonhash:

:love:

as long as you feel full! :hugs:

Original post by IDukem

Spoiler

:party: must spread happy feels!!! :yep: awww!!!! our experiences are still worth it you know! but in the sense that they will shape us and maje us become better people! we will be able to fully identify what breaks us and then crush it so that we stay strong! and once we do that theres nothing that will be able to shake us! :woo: and whether or not your story inspires, you deffo will! :biggrin:

SUNSHINE!!!!!! :grin: POWER!!!! :woo: ROCK! :rock:

haha! yeashhh!!!!! :jumphug:

awww bless!! :blush: you guys are wonderful!!! i should have joined here ages ago!!! :cry2:

Spoiler

if i dont reply now, im doing my poilitics work! :mmm:
Im gonna have to step in.
Can you cut out the whole "your amazing" "no you are" speel 5 year old kids do?

Think how it makes others feel. If you REALLY want to do it, either PM or just message each other. Its actually pretty ****ing boring as well as making people feel like even more ****.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
Im gonna have to step in.
Can you cut out the whole "your amazing" "no you are" speel 5 year old kids do?

Think how it makes others feel. If you REALLY want to do it, either PM or just message each other. Its actually pretty ****ing boring as well as making people feel like even more ****.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think we have enough censorship on here already to be honest. :dontknow:

You ok? :console:
Original post by Riku
Once upon a time this was my life philosophy...Teach me the ways again master :tongue:

Make a playlist of your favourite rock tunes, whip out that air guitar and solo as if your air guitar was made out of a bolt of lightning :rock:

:party: must spread happy feels!!! :yep: awww!!!! our experiences are still worth it you know! but in the sense that they will shape us and maje us become better people! we will be able to fully identify what breaks us and then crush it so that we stay strong! and once we do that theres nothing that will be able to shake us! :woo: and whether or not your story inspires, you deffo will! :biggrin:

SUNSHINE!!!!!! :grin: POWER!!!! :woo: ROCK! :rock:

haha! yeashhh!!!!! :jumphug:

awww bless!! :blush: you guys are wonderful!!! i should have joined here ages ago!!! :cry2:

Spoiler

if i dont reply now, im doing my poilitics work! :mmm:

I believe you all ready have :h: You got that right, I feel I can relate to a lot of people now and can understand them in ways that many others may not. Not necessarily due to bad ignorance, but rather they don't understand :smile: Aww thank you! No dobut you'd inspire others too...if you haven't already for which I'm sure you have :yep:

For the love ROCK!!!! :rock: :love:

Better late than never! We couldn't be any more happier that you're here, we tend to adore kind people :h:

Spoiler

I'll reply to any quotes any of you have tomorrow afternoon people :h: :hugs:
Original post by nohomo
Thanks man :smile:

Dux is valedictorian. The person who did best academically.

Oh ok. That's a pretty big achievement, I can see why you feel how you do. Academics isn't everything though although it makes for easy comparisons, which aren't always helpful. I don't know if I'm remembering right but did you drop out of university?

Latest